Robbed

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

WAMF

Bencher
What else can I say about that refereeing performance?
The Oldfield try was a TRY
The Hopoate try should have been an 8 pt try. No question.

I'm really pissed. We should have got the 2 pts.

WAMF what gets me is that a lot of the penalty's we got were undeserved and were awarded just to even up the count.

AND

Pippa Middleton

WAMF said:
What else can I say about that refereeing performance?
The Oldfield try was a TRY
The Hopoate try should have been an 8 pt try. No question.

I'm really pissed. We should have got the 2 pts.

I can cop Oldfield not being awarded a try if only we were awarded the feed for the scrum since the Cowboys player played at the ball with his hand. Lyon's pick up although arguable as it went backwards was not pretty.

And yeah, the Hopoate try should have been for 8 points.

I agree and it is disgusting by the ref's. All we can do is look to next week and improve on any weaknesses. I think we need to have Jamie Lyon taking the Goal kicking role. DCE has enough on his plate without the extra stress of goal kicking.

The big decision's seem to go against us , most of our penalties weren't big decision's in context of game . that Oldfield try denial was incredible . Can't believe it wasn't a try to us !!!

AshfieldBazza said:
It doesn't excuse bad decisions

Which doesn't excuse mediocre performance.

So everyone knows, this is the first quality team we faced in a long time.

Bull**** Ryan. Mate the game goes for 80 mins, not 60
The refs are supposed to be professional and they killed it for us.

Rigged not robbed. Better for the NRL for the cinderella story from Nth Qld to continue.
I'd like to have a look at the tape cause i'd swear they were in front of the kicker a few times at the kick off. Plus the ref swollowed his whistle a few times at scrums when the 2nd ref even told him the cowboys were off side.

Can't wait for Harrigans explanation of the oldfield no try. So many blunders by the vid ref in one play. The onfield ref called six again yeah? SO worse case scenario was our feed at the scrum. How he got it so wrong is beyond me. Very suss.

Hey Ryan

60 minutes or not, we should have one that game with fair play.

We dominated plenty of teams for 60 minutes last year and didnt get the cash.

NY Eagle

NYEagle said:
Hey Ryan

60 minutes or not, we should have one that game with fair play.

We dominated plenty of teams for 60 minutes last year and didnt get the cash.

NY Eagle

Disagree. We played a quality unit for once, and got out muscled, much like 2007. We were a decent team, until we played someone with a bit of grit.

There is no way we can blame the refs for this one. No way guys. Lets be real.

EDIT: Thank you Garts mate - good call.

Total crap although we gifted them the win with those 3 soft tries in 1st half. The critical moment was the penalty at the kick off after the 1st cowboys try - we were a spiders dick over the line that was a joke. Conversely when the cowboys got the penalty after we kick off out on the field Thurston takes the kick a metre over the line.

Even Daley thought the Oldfield try was a try who was the blind funt looking video?

The refs cost us that game... I hate to say it, but so did DCE's conversions. We would have been ok despite the poor calls if he had banged a couple more over.

Ryan

Manly deserved to win this game.

So what that NQ looked better for 60 minutes. Manly played to their gameplan the whole game, and the reason NQ scored 22 points is because they turned it up to another level during parts of the game, a level which some members of the team are still learning to handle.

However, the 80 minutes of intensity Manly put into the gameplan was the exact reason why NQ were absolutely shot at the 60 minutes mark as they tried to match that intensity.

This team is playing exactly like 2008, working on grinding teams into the dirt until they start to give out late. Manly played at the same level for 80 minutes and it was a well coached game by Hasler.

It's just a pity the referees are cheats, thats all.

I'm with Ryan and garts, the decisions were poor, but we weren't the better side

A lot of our players were below par, Matai had his worst game in years, oldfield was ordinary for the most park, pack wasn't really aiming up as they can

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6