Robbed

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ramrod

Reserve Grader
The Refs gave the Dogs way too much ball tonight.
Some of the dodgiest decisions I have ever seen.

Some errors - Whare's gift try to the Dogs (but he played well for the rest of the game); Wolfie's knocking the ball out of the sidelines towards the end (not sure about this one?); Taufua in front of Matai (wingers should be behind Centres, not in front; Gifty's rushes opening holes in defence.

Anyway, Manly players take a bow. Very proud of the boys.

What a monumental effort. Credit to Tooves, staff, players for putting up this display right up to the end.

Special credit = to Kingy (what a performance); Choc (genius); Killer (brilliant as always); Foz (hard yakka); Matai (marvelous).

Dirty dogs = Ennis (grub); Reynolds (BIGGEST DIVE and not one ounce of sportsmanship).

Consolation = Dogs will be feeling it all the way to September. Bet they have never had opposition like us before. A couple or more will be sideline spectators. Even if we don't make the GF, I'll like to see us spoil their party ;)

Nope better coached team won

Barba made an error that was the same as Dean's

lsz said:

I won't give the cretin any praise after he had tried to rip my club apart.

If he left without trying to destroy us, I would still hold him in high regard and respect. The fact he try to sink us because of his GIANT EGO against the board, only got him offside with many Sea Eagles fans.

I despise, abhor, loathe and hate that dirty turncoat.
I don't normally have these kind of feelings towards anyone, except those who tries to destroy Manly.

Ramrod said:
lsz said:

If he left without trying to destroy us, I would still hold him in high regard and respect. The fact he try to sink us because of his GIANT EGO against the board, only got him offside with many Sea Eagles fans.

I don't normally have these kind of feelings towards anyone, except those who tries to destroy Manly.

Your board is destroying your club.

The penalty that took them to 14 was very, very frustrating

Saw it many times tonight and was let go most times, including 4 times in the next 4 sets

djaraboy said:
Ramrod said:
lsz said:

What do you know about our board tool !!!

Mate the luck your side has had this year is phenomenal !! Hasler didn't have this with manly. But geese you would think this will run out soon

Agreed. Manly played well tonight. With snake on the field we win. No team would want to play us in the finals. We just need to make the 8.

It would be very weak to say the refs cost us IMO. Our attack just isn't as structured/patient as it needs to be. I put a fair bit of that down to not having a lot of continuity with our team this year. Hopefully it will come in the next few weeks.

djaraboy said:
Ramrod said:
lsz said:

You are right mate, there are some oversized egos on that board that forced Halsers hand. Its time some of our supporters realized that and let it go FFS.

Two teams played a classical game of rugby league tonight. While I am pissed, you can't deny either team winng.

If anything robbed us tonight it was the bounce of the ball.

NYEagle

lsz said:

I wouldn't say Toovs was out coached. There was no miracle tactic that the Dogs did that gave them the win.

The way our side has been this year, its like Toovs is coaching a new team every week. Key players missing for chunks of the season at a time would make it difficult for any coach especially one that is trying to implement his own style on things.

No team was robbed in the scheme of things, they won, we lost. True a few lucky bounces went their way, we've had those bounces before also.

voicefromthehill said:
Better team won - period.

How can you say that with so much confidence.

Penalty count was 3-0 to dogs start of game and they were the away side.
Whare gave them a try
2 drop balls from kicks led to there 2nd try
Barba kicks the ball and stops in the corner where wolf takes it out 5mtrs out , then a soft penalty after that scrum which led to the arse off the post try. The bounce helped them yes they were competive & got result but they wernt that much better

Bulldags playing well. they are getting alot of luck going their way. a few injuries are creeping their way. so the luck is due to end soon

17 players they put out were better than ours. Let's see what happens when we meet again.

voicefromthehill said:
Better team won - period.

Yes, we are making too many excuses, ref is on their side, if we had stewart we win(We had a full team tonite minus Brett).

I am sick of the excuses we are making.
We're not playing to our potential. admit it and stop living in fantasy land

Taufua caught a bomb tonight so there is hope post Robbo. We really miss Hoppa Jnr as well he was very good at contesting attacking kicks.

Mals said:
Taufua caught a bomb tonight so there is hope post Robbo. We really miss Hoppa Jnr as well he was very good at contesting attacking kicks.

Yep. We lack class on the wing/fullback without these two. Last year we would have won that game, and also beaten Melbourne.
I was please to see Taufa jump for a ball, and catch it, yet he was suspect most other occasions, and should have done better when the Berries scored their second try.

I thought the turning point was in the 70th minute when DCE put up a bomb rather than go for a grubber/repeat set when we had them wobbly while the score was 14-12. That bomb was shocking and uncontested.
Very poor decision.
Other than that, I thought he went OK.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7