Robbo Vs The Young guns

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Copa Eagle

Reserve Grader
Is Robbo done yet ? Is there another year in him ? I do believe so ! Although, to keep him would mean that we lose either Hoppa or Wolfman, or maybe worse both ! Unfortunately this is why i would have to release him :( A future lies with the younger players. Given an injury free Wolfman he can be an outstanding winger. Best of luck to our new CEO, hope he and des make the right decision !

I would keep Robbo and let Wolfman go as Robbo has proven very dependable and would cost less than Wolfie i would assume.

I have been bagging Robbo for the last 2 seasons. His game last night and his try proved me completely wrong. Robbo has taken over from Beaver in the Mr Dependable status. He should definitely be kept on and the Williams sisters told to go back to Parra.

eagleE said:
I have been bagging Robbo for the last 2 seasons. His game last night and his try proved me completely wrong. Robbo has taken over from Beaver in the Mr Dependable status. He should definitely be kept on and the Williams sisters told to go back to Parra.

I don't see how you can be baggin Robbo for the last two years and then turn it around after one performance. Especially as that performance was just a typical Robbo game. Rock solid.

Agreed how can you Bag robbo he has never ever missed a beat. We made him play an entire season out of position and as I have said many times. Brett's injury and suspension cost Robbo a State of Origin spot in 2009.

He was by far one of the best wingers in the game in 2008 but never got a chance to play there in 2009. Had he stayed in position he would have been a NSW capped player. You have to feel for him after that!

Rightfully, Robbo should be rewarded for being so good for us. He hasn't missed a game and hasn't really ever had a shocker. If loyalty does indeed still exist in our game it should be shown to him.

couldn't agree more a great clubman, who we have got great value out of. He has lost a yard or two of pace but rarely makes mistakes and is a great finisher.

The NRL's most consistant winger over the past 5 years without a doubt.

When I see some of the duds they have put on the flanks in origin its hard to believe he hasnt had the chance to wear the blue.

I would be happy if we kept Robbo but not at the expense of a younger player. To me Oldfield is a much more threatening presence on the wing already ( albeit not as reliable as Robbo.. yet ).

Wingers get old very quick and better off being a year too soon than a year too late. This is not a personal knock on Robbo who has been a great clubman and in an ideal non salary cap world would always have a spot in our team.. but his age is already showing and he cant be a priority for us anymore.

Time moves on.

Its not a good position to have to choose from as we have heaps of players off contract such as Buhrer, Cross, Liam Foran, Galuvao, Hoppa Jr, Kite, Mauro, Robbo, Robinson, Rose, Seu Seu, Whare, Wolfie, Trex.

With upgrades we are only going to be able to hold 5 of these players but which 5.

Robbo is 28 and has not missed a game and is one of the best finishers in the NRL.
Wolfie is 24 and has only played a hand full games since 2008 GF. But when fit was dynamic.

I will happy if we get Hoppas & Buhrers signature first then see what left and see how much loyality means to the others.

The Indian said:
I would be happy if we kept Robbo but not at the expense of a younger player. To me Oldfield is a much more threatening presence on the wing already ( albeit not as reliable as Robbo.. yet ).

I disagree, put Robbo next to Jamie Lyon and he would be one of the highest try scorers in the team.

He is a great finisher and a great player. Put Lyon next to him and he gets so much more space time and opportunities.

Matai is good but he isn't as good at putting his other mates away. Nothing against him, they are just different centres.

Robbo would have to be the first players penciled in week in week out.

Reliable, non injury proned and one of the best Wingers (and can only play wing) there is.

I will happy if we get Hoppas & Buhrers signature first then see what left and see how much loyality means to the others.
[/quote]

I was only thinking about this 'loyalty' card every other team seems to possess and we don't.
You often hear of other teams re-signing players on lower salaries than they have been offered elsewhere because they want to stay with that club/coach.
Surely by now we are a club like that, haven't we earned that luxury.

It seems that players do want to stay at Manly but only if we match or pay more than any other club chasing them are offering.

Why is that?

The Indian said:

Wingers get old very quick and better off being a year too soon than a year too late. This is not a personal knock on Robbo who has been a great clubman and in an ideal non salary cap world would always have a spot in our team.. but his age is already showing and he cant be a priority for us anymore.

Time moves on.
I think Oldfield is either that green that his scared of ****ing up or that moronic that he doesnt know when to run towards the post

Copa Eagle said:
Is Robbo done yet ? Is there another year in him ? I do believe so ! Although, to keep him would mean that we lose either Hoppa or Wolfman, or maybe worse both ! Unfortunately this is why i would have to release him :( A future lies with the younger players. Given an injury free Wolfman he can be an outstanding winger. Best of luck to our new CEO, hope he and des make the right decision !

I agree copa! Keep the wolf

Copa Eagle said:

Well said CE!

Robbo does alot of work when we are coming out of our end and if he gets smashed in a gang tackle he does not drop the ball, he gets straight up and is an awesum finisher. His work rate this year has been great and 6 trys from 9 games. So Why would ppl want to see him gone?

Im a big robbo fan he is mr reliable for us,rarely makes a mistake,its a tough call,but he is getting on a bit and it might be better looking towards the future with the younger players,tough dilemma.

Robbo has been playing great football and never gets injured.

We let an old boy go at the end of 2008 who was still at the top of his game, that bloke is 37 now and still playing great although in a much easier competition overseas.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2