Robinson fined $40000

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Not much time for Robinson, but on this point he's right. Cummins does speak to players (including captains entitled to ask him to explain a decision) like they are dogs who've just shat on his carpet. He does it to Killer frequently. And several of his refereeing colleagues are as bad, if not worse.

I thought Cummins wasn't a bad ref when I saw his first few games (made a few correct decisions without going to the video etc), but he has turned out to be an arrogant, rude little twerp who is quite often awful at his job.

Politis verbally assaulted Greenturd in the tunnel. :mad:

I have never heard of a Club owner doing this to the CEO of a Sport. @:cool:

Robbo is also meant to have accosted Cummins at half time @:mad:

We were finef 100k for a boozy Season Launch that did not involve any NRL official :swear:

Last edited:
There was definitely a dud decision in the closing minutes when they penalised Easts for an accidental head knock. But that was the Bunker's call. I only saw short periods of the match. Was the refereeing that bad?
Was it as biased as Shame Hayne in the Grand Final a few years back?

There was definitely a dud decision in the closing minutes when they penalised Easts for an accidental head knock. But that was the Bunker's call. I only saw short periods of the match. Was the refereeing that bad?
Was it as biased as Shame Hayne in the Grand Final a few years back?
No, the game was theirs to win but Hastings and Mitchell hogged the ball.

Robbo must be seeing his winnings bonus disappearing and transfered his angst onto Cummins.

Cummins was the 2013 GF Ref who watched Maloney's forward pass to Mini that resulted in that try :devil:

Defamation suite possible

As if Politis won't be writing a cheque to cover this. This is a carefully constructed plan by the Roosters to pressure the referees into favouring them subconsciously

The roosters should be refereed subliminally from now on to avoid this kind of blow up.

John Grant responded well.

Asked about Robinson’s comments, Grant said: “Very disappointed. Disappointed on a number of fronts, firstly, it was obviously orchestrated, there had been conversations, there was intent and it had gone on for a long time.

“Disappointed because referees didn’t lose the game for the Roosters. The Roosters lost the game for the Roosters. They blew 12 points in the first half through mistakes and they didn’t take an option late in the second half (Jackson Hastings bombed a try) that could have won them the game.

“I think it is very disappointing that they would let out their frustrations but, on the other side, they are a very proud and successful club, they have successful leaders and they’re not used to not being successful. You can understand the emotion that goes with that.

“But there are better ways of doing that. The doors are open here (at NRL headquarters), they are open all the time. They can walk straight through them. They don’t have to come through the media door to have a serious conversation.

For Trent, he is on our competition committee and we’ve got a very strong opinion of Trent. I think he disappointed in terms of choosing to express himself in that way.”

Asked what he knew about the tunnel incident, Grant said: “I heard there were words exchanged, I just bundle it up in terms of the frustration that they feel and the misplaced and spurious belief it is the referee’s fault. It’s just not. It’s a ridiculous proposition.”

After the game, Robinson accused Cummins of not allowing his side to win Sunday’s match.

“We’re not saying we should have won today. I’m saying we should have had a chance to win today,” Robinson said.

Asked was that chance taken off his side, Robinson said: “I do, I definitely do. We should have had a chance to win that game.”

Robinson is a big spoiled brat who tells a good porky...
Accuses the ref of being disrespectful to his players as though they are more precious than other NRL players....all cop the same - watch how they dismiss Lyon all day...or any captain - maybe JT gets special treatment but that's about it.
There was 1 dud call - the Napa high shot was rubbish....but show Robinson a replay of the GF win over Manly....must have blinked 12 times for the 12 game changing decisions - certainly didn't hear any complaints that day.
Roosters are simply under performing & the longer he takes to address his players & continues to bag refs, the weather, the ballboys or whatever else.... just shows massive flaws in his character.
Happy days when they are winning , but points the finger, rather than look in the mirror when they are losing....

I go with Robbo on this one. 4 penalties and on report (i think) and only 1 citing. So what were the other penalties for. The game is over ruled. The bunker is a w@nk at best. As he said the bunker is not the match review committee in 5 seconds.

I watched the presser and he raved on and on, and then on some more. Quite a tanty. A bit funny, him and Friend sitting there whinging. Very similar to the Dalai and Foz the other night.:p
The references to Anzac Day were poor choices IMO. They play footy. They don't get shot at.
Shytes me that the rorters are rich enough to cover the fines and I hope they keep losing because it's hilarious.
Cummins hates Manly too so maybe our club can somehow benefit from Robinson's rant.
As for the bunker situation I think it's definitely taking some enjoyment out of the game. The spontaneous celebrating of tries has been replaced by hesitation from the players and fans. An atmosphere killer.

I watched the presser and he raved on and on, and then on some more. Quite a tanty. A bit funny, him and Friend sitting there whinging. Very similar to the Dalai and Foz the other night.:p
The references to Anzac Day were poor choices IMO. They play footy. They don't get shot at.
Shytes me that the rorters are rich enough to cover the fines and I hope they keep losing because it's hilarious.
Cummins hates Manly too so maybe our club can somehow benefit from Robinson's rant.
As for the bunker situation I think it's definitely taking some enjoyment out of the game. The spontaneous celebrating of tries has been replaced by hesitation from the players and fans. An atmosphere killer.
True that.
Ray Warren was talking about the "Decision Pending Try", & said he has to celebrate & talk it up, otherwise the moments gone, if the Try turns out to be given.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4