Robson/Kingston/Orford

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rambo1987

Bencher
JOURNEYMAN halfback Jeff Robson was granted his wish of a new two-year deal with Parramatta yesterday, but teammate Kevin Kingston is expected to make his way down the M4 Freeway and sign with Penrith as early as today.

Panthers chief executive Mick Leary last night confirmed he hoped to tie Kingston down to a one-year deal.

"We are hoping to finalise something in the coming days," Leary said.

"We were conscious of the fact Kevin was leading into a Grand Final, but we did speak with his manager, which was kept low-key.

"With Paul Aiton gone to Cronulla, and with Masada Iosefa still a young boy who hasn't played a lot of first grade, that was the main reason we expressed interest in Kevin. I think he's still got his best football in front of him."

Such was the popularity of Kingston at Parramatta that Eric Grothe offered to take a pay cut to keep the rake at in the blue and gold in 2010.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.
End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.
Eels CEO Paul Osborne said he had mixed feelings about yesterday's outcome.

"I'm rapt we were able to sign Jeff for two years, but upset at the same time our talks with Kevin ended up being a lost cause," Osborne said.

Robson's new deal is the first in nearly a decade that has stretched beyond one season. The news could not have come at a better time for the halfback, who is due to be married in the coming weeks.

Eels lock Todd Lowrie will fly to Melbourne next week for official talks with the Storm, the same side that broke his heart in Sunday's Grand Final.

Meanwhile, two of the game's most influential players, Manly's skipper Matt Orford and Brisbane counterpart Darren Lockyer, are yet to re-sign for 2010 - and will not have an official income as of the end of the month.

But their manager George Mimis said while it would have been nice to have his stars' future sorted, there was no cause for concern.

However, Mimis did say Orford's negotiations had been made tough given the fact the Sea Eagles have no CEO. "That has definitely put things back a lot," Mimis said.

"We have been dealing with the club's financial controller, but he's away at the moment." comes back and we'll get together with him on October 19.

"'Locky' will also be OK and it's just a matter of dotting the eyes and crossing the tees. I'm hoping to meet with Brisbane next Wednesday."

Could this be a blessing in disguise, especially if Pearce decides he wants out from the Rorters, who in their right mind would want to play there ?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7