Robson or Orford

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Fluffy

Journey Man
A regular post here is name the manly players who have gone on to better things, surely Robson falls into this catagory.

If we can remember back to orfords first year at half we made it to the finals travelling well on the back of 6 from 6 of monas at half earlier in the season and then fell down. Needless to say a lot of time was given to Orford to get things right as he was "proven" elsewhere.

Most if not all here at anytime would never have thought Robson was a better player than Orford but in his first decent sting in first grade with a rookie 5/8 as well he has hit team 1 win from the big game.

I wonder how people rate Robsons pre 2009 performances to Hodgkinsons 2009 performances?

Needless to say i dont think Robson is a superstar but he has a lot of talent around him to help out - sounds like a different team in 2008

Robson is not fancy his kicking game is his strength but I dont see him offering anything else but that, simple stuff, there are a lot of others in that team that do a lot more that makes him look good

Robson, based on Ox's game versus the Storm.

Just on a side note, does anyone else think that Scott Prince goes missing like Ox in the big games?

The Eels do not require Robson to be the "main man" like Manly's current style requires.  Their go-to players are Hayne, Mortimer etc.  Our is generally Orford.  Robson was awful when he filled in that structure last year.

Prince tried some things tonight and wasn't to bad.  I'd trade him in an instant for Orford.  The Titans were always going to lose as they were 'false' third.  No forwards that can make an impact and bend the line and a weak backline.  Remember we beat them 34 to 4 just a couple of weeks ago.  Orford has all the 5th plays and phuckes them up.  Parra don't rely on their half to put playse on.  Just pass the ball out to running backs with plenty of space.  Orford wants to play the miracle match winner and doesn't pass until all his supports are jammed up on the sideline.  He generally gives the wingers and others no chance.  The only play he knows is when Stewart chimes in and creates the overlap.  He's useless.    

The Titans will be a lot better next year for that loss.

If that dipstick ref didnt award that ridiculous strip penalty in the 34th min to the eels the result may very well have been turned on its head.

Firstly, I think its an inspirational story that Robson has come from absolutely nowhere to be on the verge of a Grand Final. I would love nothing more than to see him play in the big one.

Really happy for him, because last year when he filled in he was awful, but he is somehow doing his job in a multifaceted Eels team.

Robson vs Orford?...definately Orford in our team, but when you look at it, both have similar stories. Both are below average halves who had long apprenticeships, and are succeeding because of the way rugby league has changed. Teams are streaky as a whole and the emphasis on the halves has lowered a lot. 10, 15 years ago both would have been eaten up.

Robson is only playing well on the back Hayne and his forwards - Fui Fui and Cayless are making metres . Shut down there forwards and Hayne and you can see Jye Mullane 

From what I saw from Robson when he filled in for us he was no world beater, so it's funny to see him one game away from a GF. The interesting point is do you think Parra would be travelling as well as they are with Orford as their half ?

I'd have Scott Prince in maroon and white in a heartbeat.

Robson and Orford are on par with each other. The similarity of both Ox's and Prince's inability to create try scoring chances within the 20 were evident last night.

The Titans were just woeful all over the field. Very close to us but even more obvious. Take the ball from dummy half, run across field in front of three players, and then turn it back for a straight runner who gets crunched. Those plays only work when the defense is tired at the end of each half but they persisted with it the whole game.

Jezuz you guys are funny. Robson is nowhere NEAR the class of Ox guys. NOWHERE. I wonder if Robson will ever captain his side to a Grand Final while winning the Dally M's best player of the year award.

If Manly beat Melbourne, we went on to play and win the GF, all of a sudden he's a hero again.

Don't let a small bad patch deteriorate what has been absolutely fantastic and exciting football for all the years previously he has been here guys.

Your all so tough on the bloke.

Ryan seriously we won last year on the back of Lyon and gift taking over the creating role, just like Robson gets help in

1 player is on 100K or so, the other 500K

Here, here Volley - Jezuz - aren't I supposed to be the negative one of this site? Hehehehehe....

Fluffy - come on mate - I have re-watched every game from last year over and over. There were calls to have Lyon castrated at the start of last year, as apparently he wasn't working at 5/8 - remember?

And if Lyon carried Ox last year, why didn't HE win the Dally M player as voted by from the professionals?

We all talk about loyalty, and how it peeves us if a player signs elsewhere, but look at the way we treat our Grand Final winning, Dally M player of the year winning, playing in finals every year since being here captain????

DSM5 link said:
Not so, Toovs was an excellent player.  All the ones since have been crap.
your a moron
a bloke whose won the dally m medal and our premiership winning captain is crap

you have no creditabilty.

You are an excellent example of why couples should use birth control

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4