Rodney

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

chrisos

Reserve Grader
First of all al round good performance,but i think rodney is such a quiet achiever,more than solid in defence and he can run the ball too and can kick goals if needed,i think we are lucky to have him,he played well tonight and i just wanted to put my hand up to say what a solid performer he is,i hope you all agree?

Rodney has been one of our best all year.

Anybody who doesn't see that, has no idea.

Yeah he puts in EVERY week. I can't say that for everyone on the team. Killer is another that is consistently great win or lose.

Slight thread hijacking here but thats how i felt about Ox,playing well or not you knew his whole heart was in it

That bust of Rodneys tonight was awesome,i just wish he'd learn to offload every once in a while,when it goes to him you know his going to settle it down,im not talking BK offloading,every carry but safe effective offloading

Shane link said:
That bust of Rodneys tonight was awesome,i just wish he'd learn to offload every once in a while,when it goes to him you know his going to settle it down,

I think Shane does exactly what Des tells him.
"Straighten the attack!"
"Run hard & don't lose the pill!"
"Tackle hard & don't miss them!"

And that's exactly what he does. No fancy stuff. Just hard running & safe defence.
Go Shane, you good thing!

Rodney has been holding that pack together all year. He is the one constant. He turns up every week and puts in, it's a pity some of the others don't share his pride in performance. He had a blinder last night and was close to man of the match. Well done.

What a well spoken, unassuming chap.
Glad we still have him for another couple of seasons.
Zorba mentioned that Des bought Rodney to replace Willo and how much Des 'loved' Willo....lol

George Rose is giving him a big rap on his facebook page as well, had a great game last night and is proving great value in my fantasy side at the moment

Not everyone can be a 'star' player and blokes like Willo were the glue that does the dirty work in any good side. But I am going to say that Rodney has impressed me a lot more than Willo. He is turning into an absolute gun player.

Rodney is probably earning half the money of Watmough and Stewart but matches it with these guys every week.

I'd say a big upgrade is coming his way when he renews his contract.

He has been another Hasler success story.

Rodney was great last night. It must have been all the encouragement I was giving him from behind the posts each time the scum had to kick off.

He has always been good bob,at penrith he just had to many injuries to showcase his stuff,in a backinline injury setup id move him into the backs,he does alot of 1 on 1 tackles,which end up getting help from the rest of our pack,but by the time they hit,his got them effectively done

bob dylan link said:
Rodney is probably earning half the money of Watmough and Stewart but matches it with these guys every week.

He'll have to wait a couple of years, didn't we sign him to a 4 year deal ?

Chip & Chase link said:
[quote author=bob dylan link=topic=184551.msg282814#msg282814 date=1281236562]

He'll have to wait a couple of years, didn't we sign him to a 4 year deal ?
[/quote]

How unlucky for Rodney if he did indeed sign a 4 year deal.  It wouldn't surprise me one bit if he is on half of what Watmough and Stewart are on.  Its players like Rodney who deserve a payrise even if they are only a part way through their contract.  I know salary cap constraints will stop this but who would object to him recieving a 'bonus'.  The guy has been a fantastic buy.

The crew that do a TV show over here were giving him massive credit tonight as well

Steve Price spent a lot of time talking about what a loss Brett Stewart has been to us this season

You played well yourself last night george. I think those few extra pounds are working the benefits for you.

Rodney has been a star performer for the side lately. Hope he keeps it up

totally agree c and c.he is the one constant each week.choc and gift  should be giving him half their pay packet each week.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2