Roosters cap stories

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Captain of the Gate

Reserve Grader
Yesterday the story was "cashed up" Roosters chasing Sonny Bill, and I was surprised cause they have a lot of high profile players.

Today the story is they are under cap pressure and have to unload up to 6 players.

Which is it!?
I'm tipping they are already over the cap (and as we all know uncle Nick's paper bags take care of that). Prices I've heard are Anasta 400k, Carney & Pearce 300k, Myles 250k, Minichiello & Aubusson 220k. I'm over 1.5 million already in sums and thats only 6 of their top 25 players and there are quite a few more guys on good money.
What do you think?

The Daily Telegraph
Dean Ritchie

THE Sydney Roosters are under massive salary cap pressure and will look to off-load at least six players for next season, including Test forward Nate Myles.

The Daily Telegraph has been told Myles will be given permission to leave Bondi with a year still to run on his contract if he can secure a deal with Gold Coast Titans or Newcastle.

Myles met with Newcastle's Tinkler Group representatives yesterday.

Roosters officials fear the club could edge over the salary cap unless several players who are coming off contract are cut.

Former Test prop Jason Ryles, veteran hooker Mark Riddell, centre Phil Graham and Aidan Guerra are unlikely to be at the club next season. Anthony Watts' contract is certain to be terminated as well.

Fullback Anthony Minichiello has another year to run on his deal but the club would allow him to leave early if he secures a deal in England.Skipper Braith Anasta has agreed to a new deal but still not signed the contract. The Roosters will honour the deal.

The retention of some key young players and upgraded deals for others have the Roosters bursting at the seams in regards to their salary cap. Some of those players include Mitchell Pearce, Todd Carney, Mose Masoe and Martin Kennedy.

Rising star Tom Symonds also re-signed this week.

"Something has to give," a source close to the Roosters said. "The club just can't keep them all. Some guys have gone from second-tier contracts to some real decent money."The Roosters are under pressure and aware how tight their salary cap situation is."

There were suggestions this week that the money saved might enable club officials to have a real dash at All Black and former Canterbury Bulldogs star Sonny Bill Williams.

Roosters officials are not confident of signing Williams but are hopeful.

The two parties have made contact but Williams remains contracted to Canterbury, the club he walked out on three years ago.

The Daily Telegraph understands Canterbury would seek compensation of up to $1 million to release Williams from his contract, which expires at the end of next season."Sonny Bill Williams cannot play for another club until the 2013 season," Bulldogs chief executive Todd Greenberg said.

Asked if he would consider a release for compensation, he said: "We would be happy to discuss commercial terms with any club interested in signing him earlier."

Pressed on whether his club would accept a player exchange from a club for Williams, Greenberg said: "No. It would be a commercial deal."

It's got me beat why the **** they would want to unload Nate Myles and pay ridiculous money for SBW.

Gorgeous George said:
Hasler's unabashed admiration for SBW has me thinking he may end up with us.

Unabashed admiration means nothing to Khoder Nassar who is the man really pulling the strings.

Funny side story SBW got an adidas sponsorship and was told as part of the deal he could go to the warehouse and get whatever gear he likes, basically so he is seen wearing their logo. SBW shows up with Khoder and 2 randoms, the 4 of them managed to take $15,000 worth of clothing. Adidas reps called Khoder to ask for an explaination as to who the other 2 were and why they took gear. Khoder proceeded to tell the rep on the phone at boxa bar, in his new addidas tracksuit to "F**k off it was all for Sonny Bill I don't care who the f**k you think went with him it was all for Sonny Bill"

I wrote on this site a few years ago that the rooters will train up JWH then he will return to brooky.

They can send Masoe here too.

NRL News
RR: Rumour has it that Roosters are in the market for Ryan Hinchcliffe and David Williams. Contradicts reports of salary cap restrictions.

Was a story in the paper here yesterday that Quade Cooper has teamed up with that Khoder Nasser germ, and he only signed a 1 year deal with the ARL so he and scummy bill can be offered as a package deal in 2013, with the sharks keen

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4