Roosters 'late mail'

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Apparently...

*Cordner IN (Nu'uausala to prop)
*Moa to bench
*O'Donnell IN to bench
*Isaac Lui dropped
*Dylan Napa dropped

If this is true i think its good for us.
Cordner has been out 7 weeks. You would think he may not be at his absolute best after such a injury lay off.
More game time for O'Donnell is good (for us) - he is capable of giving away a few penalties, fingers crossed maybe a brain explosion.
Napa being dropped is great for us. He was one player our boys found a bit tricky to stop. Big hits too. Id have him instead of O'Donnell anyday

Yes its from News Ltd, but im sure there is some truth to it

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/late-mail-boyd-cordner-luke-odonnell-return-for-sydney-roosters-in-grand-final/story-fndv38w0-1226732520893

Well read my good Lord.

Not quite the "SBW and JWH break their arms in a wrestle", story I was looking for, but positive all the same.

That's ok - I thought napa and guerra really stood out against the knights, & were really hard to stop. I know our defence is much better than newcastle's but those two looked very dangerous. O'donnell is tough but doesn't offer as much in attack. Cordner is a more complete player but will lack match fitness.

Indeed. I think its a good result for us if its all true.

Couldnt believe they would drop Napa. That kid is a unit and has been a handful for most all teams, not just ours.

On the other hand, Moa going to bench may have strengthened their bench a bit. He may better serve their team coming on as an impact player instead of as a starting player.

Which begs the question - How can a player recover from a BROKEN ANKLE in just seven weeks? Seriously?

Napa has been a revelation, and I think the GF could see him come of age. So if he's gone.....beautiful!

O'Donnell 5 years ago would scare me, but now he reminds me of Hindmarsh or Fitzgibbon in their final years. Tries hard, makes tackles, but nothing in attack.

If Cordner is fit he worries me, but surely he is short of match fitness.

That's what they're saying about Joe G but everyone seems to think it's a great idea for him to play.

Budgewoi Eagle said:
Which begs the question - How can a player recover from a BROKEN ANKLE in just seven weeks? Seriously?

Yeah, that has me scratching my head, particularly as I broke an ankle last year. Mine was the most minor of possible ankle fractures, and by some stroke of luck, with minimal ligament damage...but I spent 6 weeks in a moon boot and when that came off, had ZERO balance, ZERO mobility and several weeks of physio before I could even entertain the thought of running on it.

I compete in martial arts and it was probably around three months before it was up to ANY impact/contact work, and I had to work my way back into breaking boards starting with the tiny junior ones, it was six months until I broke a full-thickness one with it. I cannot possibly fathom how you'd play football within seven weeks of an ankle break...

Whilst I doubt it, but when you have 24 hours 7 days a week access to recovery, and no expense spared....amazing things can happen. But I still think it's a massive risk.

Stevo said:
That's what they're saying about Joe G but everyone seems to think it's a great idea for him to play.
Not me . Have loved the impact Joe has provided but after a lengthly spell & against a white hot Roosters I feel better with fully fit players who are match hardened....
Even Cordner who is the new breed of superstar could struggle in the pace of this & not sure its the best move by the Roosters, well could be for Manly & most would expect him there given he nearly played against the Knights.
The other backrower Guerra has stepped up playing a similar role left by Cordner & is super form atm & that big lump Napa - very happy if they leave him out.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8