Roosters player charged with reckless wounding

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
THE Roosters' season has gone from bad to worse with prop Stanley Waqa today charged by police for allegedly lashing out at his girlfriend with a knife.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/police-charge-sydney-roosters-star-stanley-waqa/story-e6frexni-1225783946651

Waqa was charged by Maroubra Police at lunch with reckless wounding after officers were called to a Randwick residence shortly after 11am.
It is believed his 20-year-old girlfriend was taken to Prince Of Wales Hospital where she was treated for a cut to her finger.
The 21-year-old Waqa was granted bail and will appear at Waverley Local Court today.
He has been stood down by the Roosters, who said tonight they would take "swift and decisive action when the full facts of the case are known."
Waqa's brush with the law continues what has been one of the worst years in the Roosters' club history.
Not only did the Bondi club finish with the wooden spoon, Nate Myles was banned for defecating in a hotel corridor, Myles and Willie Mason were dumped to reserve grade for breaching the club's alcohol policy and Jake Friend and Sandor Earl are defending assault charges. Setaimata Sa was also charged with assaulting a female police officer at the Coogee Bay Hotel last month.

Waqa played nine games, including the final eight matches of the season.

They can only get better under Brian Smith.  But he won't win them a premiership. 

Apparently on the radio today Gibbsy said Pearce is really looking for a release at Roosters, and would like to play with Foran...hence no announcement on the Orford case yet.

Maybe an Orford for Pearce swap?

01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Robertson
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. David Williams
06. Keiran Foran
07. Mitchell Pearce

I'd be happy with that.

08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Josh Perry
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Shane Rodney
13. Glenn Stewart

I'd be happy with that too. Then check out the bench depth:-

14. Ben Farrar --------- 14. Chris Bailey
15. Brent Kite ---------- 15. Matt Cross
16. George Rose ------- 16. Tony Williams
17. Joe Gulovou -------- 17. Darcy Lussick

Then throw in:-

18. Shane Neumann
19. William Hopoate
20. Andrew Suniula
21. Trent Hodgkinson
22. Jamie Buhrer
23. Lama Tasi
24. Michael Tiopira
25. Dean Whare
26. Vic Mauro
27. Phil Moorwood
28. Dennis Sandow

who could all possibly play 1st grade at a stretch, and we look pretty good.

Apparantly Cherry-Evans and Hodkinson have requested releases from their contracts.  Cherry-Evans to go to the tiggers while Hodkinson wants to go back to Paramatta.

Not much chance of the roosters letting pearce go after he just signed a new 3 year deal.

Pearce would be worse than Orford (did I just say that?).  Sign Hodkinson now.  Don't let these guys go.  That's happened in the past and we suffered for it, having to pay overs for overpaid duds. 

Have Ryans YARTS now hit the official "off season scale"  :eek:  ?

"I'd be happy with that"
"Then check out the bench depth"
"Then throw in"

Ryans Epic Yarts.  :p

tookey link said:
Apparantly Cherry-Evans and Hodkinson have requested releases from their contracts.  Cherry-Evans to go to the tiggers while Hodkinson wants to go back to Paramatta.

Not much chance of the roosters letting pearce go after he just signed a new 3 year deal.

What's the source ? tookey

eagle_predator link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=181873.msg244071#msg244071 date=1254949363]
Apparantly Cherry-Evans and Hodkinson have requested releases from their contracts.  Cherry-Evans to go to the tiggers while Hodkinson wants to go back to Paramatta.

[/quote]

MWSE has a couple of current posts suggesting this.  Cherry-Evans is news to me but apparantly it was stated in RLW this week that he has been released.  Rumoured to be going to either tigers or the dogs.

Hodkinson I have heard from an insider that he wants to go back to Parra.  
Apparantly if we resign orford for another two or three years he sees a better chance at FG at parra.  

tookey link said:
[quote author=eagle_predator link=topic=181873.msg244112#msg244112 date=1254972233]
[quote author=tookey link=topic=181873.msg244071#msg244071 date=1254949363]

[/quote]

MWSE has a couple of current posts suggesting this.  Cherry-Evans is news to me but Hodkinson I have heard from an insider that he wants to go back to Parra.  Apparantly if we resign orford for another two or three years he sees a better chance at FG at parra. 
[/quote]

I hope it's not true about Cherry-Evans & Hodkinson. Robson & Kris Keating will be in front of Hodkinson if he is wanting to return to the slimes ? and their Cap is almost at it's limit now.

Orford again!  Just please go so dominoes can fall or we'll be left with him demanding the world.

I personally believe a smart move would have been a player swap with say Orford and Kite for Burgess (less of a cap hit), and Hodgkinson comes up with Foran being re-signed.

Win for the UK club. Win for Manly.

Ox will do a good job though.

Burgesss has gone Ryan.  My view is just let Orford go and use the off-season to get the combos working.  It can't be that complicated.   

Yeah, I know mate - it's why I used past tense. But I also think I agree with you...as much as it kills me to say anything negative towards our capitarno. He would do wonderfully in the UK earning top dollar, we could re-build in the 1/2's.

Pearce would be good. Not a brilliant player but won't want a massive contract either. The Roosters have got Carney, so they might do it.
I'd still rather Hodkinson or Cerry Evans take over. Much cheaper and i really don't care if we go like busteds this year. We could do with a bit of a rebuilding year and bring some young guys up.

Maybe the roosters might do a swap with orford for Pearce?  Ox might get his 3 year contract from the roosters?

tookey link said:
Maybe the roosters might do a swap with orford for Pearce?  Ox might get his 3 year contract from the roosters?

Great idea, he could be the new Fatty Vautin.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6