Roosters release Tasi from NRL contract

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Evo

Capt Goodvibe

AAP
Fri 28th June, 6:13pm

The Sydney Roosters on Friday announced Lama Tasi had been granted an immediate release from his contract.

The 23-year-old prop was contracted to the club until the end of 2013 but has been granted the release to enhance his prospects of playing regularly in the NRL for the rest of the season.

Roosters chief operating officer football Brian Canavan, said: "Lama has a lot to offer the NRL and the club has taken this decision together with Lama based on what we consider in his best interests as a professional NRL player.

"Lama has been a popular clubman and terrific contributor to the Roosters both on and off the field. He has made many friends at the Roosters and, on behalf of everyone at the club, we wish him the very best for the future."

Tasi has played 30 games in the NRL since joining the Roosters in 2011. He made his first-grade debut against Gold Coast in round eight that year.

Anyone heard of a link to manly....always rated him and heard he's still mates with a few of our blokes?

MANLY4LIFE said:
mikem said:
signed with Broncos effective immediately

Dissapointing !

Agreed. I would have liked to see him return, but I think it would have been difficult to fit him in under the cap.

The flip side is, the Broncos are denying a youngster they have a spot on the roster. They've got a few there with potential, although none have really kicked on. If one is available and they have a point to prove I wouldn't mind the club at least talking to them.

We can blame the idiots running league as we should receive cap relief for season ending injuries to King and Joe.

Evo said:

AAP
Fri 28th June, 6:13pm

The Sydney Roosters on Friday announced Lama Tasi had been granted an immediate release from his contract.

The 23-year-old prop was contracted to the club until the end of 2013 but has been granted the release to enhance his prospects of playing regularly in the NRL for the rest of the season.

Roosters chief operating officer football Brian Canavan, said: "Lama has a lot to offer the NRL and the club has taken this decision together with Lama based on what we consider in his best interests as a professional NRL player.

"Lama has been a popular clubman and terrific contributor to the Roosters both on and off the field. He has made many friends at the Roosters and, on behalf of everyone at the club, we wish him the very best for the future."

Tasi has played 30 games in the NRL since joining the Roosters in 2011. He made his first-grade debut against Gold Coast in round eight that year.

Anyone heard of a link to manly....always rated him and heard he's still mates with a few of our blokes?

Brian Canavan is a football?? Wow....that's one eloquent steeden. No wonder they have him as their COO. Props to their make up people. They should get "Wilson" to handle their media.

..."make up people" ...?
Aren't make up people just fictitious characters? Or imaginary friends like Jase ...;)

MadMarcus said:
mozgrame said:
Props to their make up people.

I'm not so sure that props would be that good at doing make up. Maybe Ben Creagh, but he's more of a second rower.

There's gotta be a hooker joke in there somewhere......I'll wait for G.E to get here.

lol There is a real Jase and a make believe Jace. It started a joke but has kept going. The real one is very happy at present and giving it out in spades. They must be beat!! even by the Storm hmmm

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4