Roosters turn 9s into a joke. Who next.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Brissie Kid

Bencher
Knew it wouldn't take long. Picking a NRL player that retired 10 years ago. This sort of thing will rob the 9s of credibility. Not that anyone should be surprised. NRL clubs and coaches will sabotage anything that is not about winning a NRL game. Well done Rorters.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/roosters-legend-brad-fittler-to-come-out-of-retirement-to-play-in-auckland-nines-20140102-307n5.html

Roosters legend Brad Fittler is coming out of retirement to play for the club in next month's Auckland Nines.

The former NSW and Australian skipper confirmed on Thursday he would be dusting off his boots to play in the inaugural pre-season tournament to be held at Eden Park on February 15 and 16.

Fittler's last professional game of footy was the Roosters' loss to the Bulldogs in the 2004 grand final.

He was approached by Roosters powerbrokers late last year, and has been doing some intensive training to be fit for the tournament.

He has pulled on the boots twice since retiring: for NSW in a charity match and for the Classic Wallabies in the World Rugby Classic in Bermuda in November 2012.

Well that needs to be knocked on the head quickly if the 9s are to be taken seriously.

Cliffy and Beaver Farewell Tour :idea: !!!!

Manly would win it for sure :D

The Rorters salary cap is the gift that keeps on giving :mad:
But it would set a precedent for the $1 contract, so Beaver could be signed by Manly in 2014 ;)

1. Hiku
2. Horhay
3. Killer
4. Beaver
5. Berryman
6. Cliffy
7. DCE
8. BJ
9. Hodges

10. Ferris
11. Gutho
12. Chee-Kam
13. Horo
14. Symonds
15. Chisolm

bones said:
I wish manly would do similar instead of risking injuries to our star players.

Here is my team for the 9's.

1. Brendon Reeves
2. Alan Donald
3. Clint Halden
4. Jye Mullane
5. Kevin McGuinness
6. Chris Bailey
7. Sam Harris
8. Phil Morwood
9. Shane Dunley

simon64 said:
bones said:

1. Brendon Reeves
2. Alan Donald
3. Clint Halden
4. Jye Mullane
5. Kevin McGuinness
6. Chris Bailey
7. Sam Harris
8. Phil Morwood
9. Shane Dunley

I like it, but would go for Scott Donald, and Dallas rennie and Ashley alberts.

Shoe1 said:
simon64 said:
bones said:

1. Brendon Reeves
2. Alan Donald
3. Clint Halden
4. Jye Mullane
5. Kevin McGuinness
6. Chris Bailey
7. Sam Harris
8. Phil Morwood
9. Shane Dunley

I like it, but would go for Scott Donald, and Dallas rennie and Ashley alberts.

Phil Bailey has to be in the team somewhere as well as grant Wooden. Gary Winter as well.

not a bad idea imo, they wanted a spectacle and theyll get one. wouldnt mind seeing beaver play.

Great idea. Lets wheel out Beaver, Cliffy, Tezza, Wombat, Frogs eyes, Choppy, Rowdy, Rambo , Blakey , Fatman & Gibbsy and make a real mockery of it all.

My Dad's available for Manly. If we oil up his walking frame Fittler won't catch him.

Freddy's made it the Masters Games.
I hear Tommy R & Noel Kelly will jog out for Westigers.
There's a sponsorship opportunity on the Zimmerframes.

Seriously there are some negative so and soes here. What a great idea if ever club had to have one legend in the squad.

We could have beaver, Joey could play for the knights, old Charlie Lockyer for the broncos and Stacey jones for the kiwis it would be great for the event.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2