Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Todays tele has yet another report about another rosster in a booze related incident (see story below) and it seems Gallop is all quiet on Carney & this, how many chances are the chooks going to get before they are fined like Manly were

Sydney Rooster Anthony Watts in booze blunder
EXCLUSIVE by Phil Rothfield From: The Daily TelegraphMarch 01, 2011

THE Sydney Roosters are in crisis with the revelation another senior player has been involved in a serious alcohol-related incident. 
New signing from the Cowboys, Anthony Watts, was forcibly removed from a Bondi Beach hotel recently in an incident that required security staff to call police.

No charges were laid but the hotel management phoned Sydney Roosters chief executive Steve Noyce the next day to lodge an official complaint with the club.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal the club considered sacking Watts this week but decided against it because it would give the impression he was a scapegoat for Todd Carney's latest drama. Noyce last night denied the Roosters had attempted to cover up the Watts incident.
Roosters: You blew it but we still love you

Drink drive: I wanted to quit NRL for good - Carney
Roosters: I need help for alcohol - Carney
Injury: Watts aiming for pre-Origin NRL return
"It's about how you manage these things so people can learn from it," Noyce said. "There is no benefit in telling the world when a player i
s in a bit of trouble.

"I treat any incident with any of my players seriously and this one is no different.

"We are disappointed that it happened."

Watts, who is supposed to be in rehabilitation as he recovers from knee surgery, is expected to be given an official warning over his behaviour. Senior officials have been disappointed with his attitude since arriving at the club and gave serious consideration to terminating his deal.

The Roosters appeared to have shaken a reputation for off-field drama by rehabilitating the likes of Jake Friend, Nate Myles and Anthony Cherrington last year.

The latest incidents involving Carney and Watts has put the NRL under huge pressure to take action against the club.

Watts could not be contacted yesterday and his agent Sam Ayoub would not return emails.

Is Brad Fittler coaching the roosters again this year?  The Brian smith second year syndrome.

Where is Gallop with a $100,000 fine and 4 weeks suspension for Watts and Carney?  Double standards

Gallop's been all quiet.  I haven't even heard a word from him yet.  Let's hope he comes down hard on the club and these two.

It seems like this sort of behaviour follows Brian Smith around wherever he coaches.

FFS. ****en bar management calling the roosters!!! Do they call the employers of everyone they throw out? What a bunch of attention seekers.

Just glad it has nothing to do with Manly & its players. All the other teams can drink themselves into the ground as long as MANLY stay clean thats all I care about :)
We have to be more vigilant than most because we are hated & often examples are made of our players, while others who do similar offenses get off.

Didn't Watmough have a speeding incident recently? And we are worrying about other clubs. Worry about your own backyard hey?

Gallop to meet Carney privately.....pity the Goose didn't do that two years ago with Brett....I am really over that guy!!

I think everyone is forgetting something very imprtant. We all need Carney to play for our supercoach teams. :D :D. Well I do anyway. But ok being serious be interesting to see what happens given his past.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Gallop to meet Carney privately.....pity the Goose didn't do that two years ago with Brett....I am really over that guy!!

I hope Carney sets fire to Gallop's balls. Might be a hard task though considering he doesn't seem to have any.
At the time, Gallop stated Brett was given the four match suspension for being intoxicated at the season launch. If Carney is given no suspension , Gallop is indicating that a cleanskin who has a few drinks at a season launch and gets a cab home is worse than a serial offender drink driving.

Devils advocate time

Maybe, just maybe Gallop has learned some sort of lesson from the stewie case and is trying a different approach.

lsz link said:
Devils advocate time

Maybe, just maybe Gallop has learned some sort of lesson from the stewie case and is trying a different approach.

Might thoughts exactly.

To everyone on here complaining, we complained at the way Brett was treated and now complain when other players are treated differently. We can't have it both ways.

Either Brett was treated right, or this is an improvement and we should be happy.

How is it an improvement if double standards are applied? Either Carney rightfully should be stood down or fined.

If they investigate the case and take appropriate action then it is an improvement.

We all know Brett should have been investigated etc not judged. At least this sounds like a move forward

Rusty link said:
[quote author=lsz link=topic=186596.msg318877#msg318877 date=1298949041]
Devils advocate time

Might thoughts exactly.

To everyone on here complaining, we complained at the way Brett was treated and now complain when other players are treated differently. We can't have it both ways.

Either Brett was treated right, or this is an improvement and we should be happy.
[/quote]

It's not about that now.

If it's good enough for one player to be wronged then it's good enough for all to be.
We complained, no admission of wrong doing was forthcoming. That says that they haven't learned their lesson & will stand by their actions. Now is the time for them to stand by their actions or come out as hypocrites.

What investigation is needed? He was pulled over, arrested and charged. The evidence is clear and true. There is no presumption of innocence in this case. I may be wrong here but wasn't Brett Stewart stood down only on the basis of the allegations of the girl? Wasn't he charged days later?

Rusty link said:
[quote author=lsz link=topic=186596.msg318877#msg318877 date=1298949041]
Devils advocate time

Might thoughts exactly.

[/quote]

I would agree with you if Gallup had come out and said that's what he was doing, but he hasn't.

Double standards here. Carney should be stood down much like Jake Friend was last year or the year before. Seems like the NRL have gone soft on the new "face of the league"!!

On a different note...I hope Brett is still seeking compensation for the slur on his name, or has that fallen by the wayside.

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 -14 2