Rose, Mauro and Lussick

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Only 2 of them will make it next week

Rose has been great lately, and if he was dropped tonight, I would be very surprised. Possibly after a couple of big weeks they were looking to freshen him up, or Toovey wanted to see a straight shootout between Mauro and Lussick for that last bench spot

Both of them were very good tonight

Mauro 10 runs, 64m and 34 tackles. A big game and he never lets us down

Lussick 11 runs, 86m and 11 tackles. He looked really strong with the ball tonight and always looked to have an arm free

Both of them I thought had really good games and the decision for next week is extremely tough

For me, it is Rose and Mauro

Happy with that kiwi although I would prefer lussick over mauro given occasional line break and offload. He also seems to have eliminated the rubbish out of his game.

It is a close call !! I don't leave Lussick out because he is leaving us, I think many would go down that line though

I go for Mauro, because the bloke never lets us down, is consistent every week in what you get from him, and I feel more safe when he and Galuvao come off the bench

Lussick is without a doubt more dangerous but is a bit more of a loose cannon as well

Kiwi Eagle said:
It is a close call !! I don't leave Lussick out because he is leaving us, I think many would go down that line though

I go for Mauro, because the bloke never lets us down, is consistent every week in what you get from him, and I feel more safe when he and Galuvao come off the bench

Lussick is without a doubt more dangerous but is a bit more of a loose cannon as well

Yep can be very loose

Mauro and Lussick. I still think Rose is too unfit and a possible liability in defence.

Pissed off George wasn't in tonight..as was plenty of supporters ...I don't care who gets the gig between Lussick and Mauro, but Georgie has to be there.

Jatz Crackers said:
Safe, consistent, defence orientation from the bench wins finals. Mauro for mine.

Mauro is the Ballin of subs.Reliable,never recognised outside Manly:angel:

What about JoeeG,another senior Player who has regenerated under Tooves:angel:

Rose and Mauro for me too. Rose because he has twinkle toes AND can run over them, and Vic because he has stepped up to another level in defense the last few weeks.

Rose and Mauro for me. Vic does his work and very rarely makes a mistake or gives away a penalty, the kind of guy you need come finals footy.

Can someone confirm I thought I heard the commentators say that Mauro is of to the Panthers also or was I hearing things???

Mauro for sure. Lussick and Rose can fight it out for other spot, happy to take either.

Someone mentioned last week that Vic is staying, said that they spoke to him after last week's game. Good decision by 2V and Co. No frills player that does his work without costing the team anything. A bit similar to Willo.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Being big doesn't mean you are unfit

He played 60mins easily when needed to 2 weeks back

If you want proof of this, get on you tube and search Roy "Big Country" Nelson, the UFC fighter.

He's built like George but has handed out some serious ass whippings to guys who think, "Who is this fat pr*^k ?". Awesome stuff.

George and Vic for mine.

Did we ever get a reason as to why George was on the outer at the start of the season and spent all that time in reggies. Was it a fitness thing or attitude/discipline reason ?

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6