Rose On Way Out Of Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bones

Bones Knows
Rose on the way out of Manly
Published on July 13th, 2013
Written by: Sportal

Salary cap pressure will force the Manly Sea Eagles to release cult hero George Rose at the end of the season. The bulky forward has been told there is no room on the roster for 2014 and beyond after a recent recruitment meeting.

Manly have a number of back-ended deals that kick in next season, most notably second-rower Glenn Stewart. Skipper Jamie’s Lyon’s new upgraded contract will also soak up much of next year’s cap increase.

It will prevent coach Geoff Toovey from any making any major signings. The situation is so tight Glenn Stewart was afforded the opportunity to look elsewhere next year if he could find a long term deal.

He spoke to the Parramatta Eels but couldn’t reach an agreement. Manly will miss Rose, whose impact off the bench in tight games has been a huge bonus for the team.

Well something had to give I suppose, trying to hold together our roster must be a salary cap nightmare with the talent we have on offer. Front row stocks might be a bit light on next year with Kitey, Joe G and George going/gone, also got to wonder about the long term future of Kingy.

Need some fresh blood in the engine room. Be keen to see how Sao goes this weekend. Hasson seems a goer, Gower is solid enough as well. Richie is signed for next year isn't he ?? Maybe time for some of the younger guys to get a crack and stand up.

Losing Gifty would be a big shock though, don't know how I'd take seeing him running around for another club, especially Parra.

dont like to see george go... remarkable how his going since that bad injury..

if he does go , i wish him the best..

Georgie has so much to offer, first and foremost I just think he's a very good footballer. He always makes 10-12m, usually soaking in 4 defenders, and he has a good step and great skill.

Secondly and this is also important, he's a character. He's someone you just love having at your club. He's the loveable rogue and great with the fans. I don't think anyone gets a bigger cheer from the Manly faithful.

If you go George, you'll be missed.

So we lose Joe G, Kite and Rose.

King is a crock.

2014 the year of no props.

Well my theory that props win comps means I can book my holidays for September next year.

Or do we have just a lost soul returning next year.

I suspect we have a plan. The club obviously see Sao and Trobjevic or however you spell it as a future NRL players. They will step into the void. I also really doubt there are salary cap issues preventing us in signing Rose. He would not command much, I just think Tooves does not want him.

We will be going through a rebuilding period over the next few seasons but why should any of us complain. We've been spoilt and have had a dominant team for a decade.

So if we lose a few players so be it. I think we have a professional recruitment and retention team that will keep us as a top 8 team.

Faith in the guys in the front office to do their best....Not sure if Des did a good thing for us or shafted us.....Will never know that

I cant see why we having to do this,we have done this for the last 4 years,other clubs release 1 or 2 players one year,then the next year they spending bigtime,like the dogs and the roosters,they let players go and then sign big names,I dont get it,it looks as if we will never get out of the situation

King
Lawrence
Fa'aoso
Sao
Starling

At the very least we have those players in the front row for next year. Rose signed his current deal when he was playing outstanding & being talked about as a possible NSW player so it's likely quite a bit higher than what he would actually get on the open market.

It'd be nice to keep Rose but we can't. It's really not the end of the world.

Yeah Horo's on a 1 year deal.... He's a player we should hang on to!!

Be sad to see gorgeous George leave... He's been pretty good since he got his chance...

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6