Rothfield a tool - Mk 2

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rambo1987

Bencher
Shoulder charges, SBW and Sharks to win premiership - 13 for '13
by: Phil Rothfield.

SHOULDER charges, SBW and Sharks to win premiership - Phil Rothfield provides his top 13 fearless predictions for rugby league in 2013

1. NEW BOSS DAVE SMITH TO LEARN WHO CAMERON SMITH IS

There is no questioning his business pedigree but Dave Smith is clearly a novice when it comes to rugby league.

Hopefully he'll eventually work out who captained the Melbourne Storm, the Maroons' Origin team and the Kangaroos to glory in 2012.

He's obviously a smart operator who will hopefully transfer his financial and management skills to build rugby league into an even greater game.

2. BLUES TO WIN ORIGIN SERIES

Laurie Daley couldn't be coming in at a better time.

The Blues were just two controversial refereeing decisions away from knocking off the Maroons this year.

Two home games in Sydney is a massive bonus and the players will appreciate the less intense approach that comes with Daley's personality.

Blues to win 2-1. Paul Gallen man-of-the-series. Thank-you linesman, thank-you ballboys.

3. PARRAMATTA TO FINISH IN THE BOTTOM FOUR

All that's changed is a new coach who will have to do his best with the roster that failed so dismally last year.

They've lost a stack of experience in Nathan Hindmarsh and Luke Burt and the club still doesn't know who will be the new captain.

4. STEVE PRICE TO BE FIRST COACH SACKED

It's common knowledge the Dragons have already made enquiries with premier coach Craig Bellamy.

If he quits the Storm, the Dragons are a huge chance.

I feel for Price because outside an outstanding back three - Gerard Beale, Brett Morris and Jason Nightingale - he's lacking talent.

The Dragons will be flat out making the top eight.

5. THE RABBITOHS TO MAKE THE GRAND FINAL

They went so close this year before boom halfback Adam Reynolds did his hamstring in the grand final qualifier.

Ben Te'o and Jeff Lima will add even more oomph to what was already a punishing forward pack.

Next season they have the coach and the playing depth to go all the way.

6. SONNY BILL TO QUIT ROOSTERS

Player agent Khoder Nasser will move the circus on by October.

SBW wants to fight, play for the All Blacks in the next World Cup and maybe even have a crack at the Rio Olympics in Sevens rugby.

You never know, he could even join Sydney FC in between. Or maybe the Sydney Kings?

7. MANLY TO GO BACKWARDS

The Sea Eagles will seriously feel the losses of T-Rex Williams, Darcy Lussick and Dean Whare. Adding Andrew Johns to the coaching staff will help, particularly around the halves, where they struggled last year.

The senior players are another year older and a bit injury prone.

I wouldn't be backing them to make the top eight.

8. SHOULDER CHARGE UPROAR

Thankfully the NRL listened to the people who know best - the club doctors - to rub shoulder charges out of the game.

The NRL is tough enough without the sickening Greg Inglis - Dean Young sort of contact. When the first player gets sent-off or suspended for a month, the coaches and players will scream. They should instead google some of the stories about braindamaged American footballers and their struggles in later life.

9. NEW FACES FOR BLUES

Mitchell Pearce and Todd Carney need to be on fire early to retain their State of Origin jerseys. Laurie Daley has shown his hand by putting the Reynolds boys, Josh and Adam, in the Blues' emerging squad. Adam Reynolds was the best performed non-Queensland halfback in this year's premiership. He is unbelievably solid under pressure and would not be out of place in the No.7 jersey.

Josh Reynolds too has the temperament to play Origin.

10. JOHNATHAN THURSTON TO JOIN THE PANTHERS

More career opportunities after football will convince the champion five-eighth to move to Sydney. Channel Nine and Fox Sports will get into a bidding war for his services. Delivering Thurston will be Phil Gould's parting gift to the Panthers. He'll pack and leave at the end of the season to return to work for Nick Politis at Bondi.

11. REFEREES TO IMPROVE

Well, they can't go any worse than this season when players, coaches, officials, punters and fans lost all confidence in the decision making.

Hopefully Daniel Anderson will start by knocking a few of their egos into shape.

Experienced operators like recently retired Steve Teddy Lyons will be used in the video boxes. Benefit of the doubt had to go. It's either a try, or it's not. Full stop. End story.

12. BIGGEST IMPROVERS

Wayne Bennett has signed the two toughest forwards in the NRL - Beau Scott and Jeremy Smith. With Kurt Gidley back from injury, they'll make the top four.

Sadly, Nathan Tinkler will stay in Singapore for the rest of his life and never watch another game. It's hard to travel without a plane or helicopter.

13. SHARKS TO WIN PREMIERSHIP

Well, that's what I've asked Santa for.

Have a merry Christmas - and bring on NRL 2013.

Yeah, as soon as I saw the "2013 Predictions" headline I knew there'd be a "Manly going backwards" bit in there. Same prediction every year because it panders to the Tele's readership. Just ignore it and move on.

He is right about the age and injury prone situation. It has affected us a fair bit. Brett, Wolfie, Matai, Lyon, Keiran, Choc, Glenn and King struggled to play alot at top levels due to niggling injuries. Those 8 are our gun players so fingers crossed they have a better 2013 with injuries. Our defeat in the finals was purely related to injury.

He's a human being, he's entitled to his opinion...he's a prick !

Every player in every team is a year older than last year. :dodgy: What a tool...

He mentions the olders players but fails to mention our great young talent and the potential superstars we have coming to the club.

He is the biggest horses cock in league, well he up there with Widdler anyway.

Darren said:
He is right about the age and injury prone situation. It has affected us a fair bit. Brett, Wolfie, Matai, Lyon, Keiran, Choc, Glenn and King struggled to play alot at top levels due to niggling injuries. Those 8 are our gun players so fingers crossed they have a better 2013 with injuries. Our defeat in the finals was purely related to injury.

Agree with that apart from Lyon and a lesser extent Matai. Lyon played 26 games for us in 2012 and was absolutely brilliant. Fans that hate Manly had no issue naming him as the best centre in the game. I do not get your constant comments on Lyon being injury prone or not playing at a high level etc. Is that what Jase thinks?

He said the same thing for the start of the 2011 premiership so happy days
He has been death riding the club the day his mate zorba was sacked as media manager

It happens every year.

We have never been the media darlings and never will be - positive manly stories don't sell papers.

Soon there won't be any of the old brigade who death-ride us every year because the only people who still buy the paper will have shuffled off - those who hate us for our success in the seventies and eighties and to a lesser extent the nineties.

Rothfield is no rugby league genius, he just wants a reaction.

And his over the top Cronulla worship is going to put a lot of his remaining readers off if (and I hope they do - losing to us in the GF) the Sharkies have a good year.

The only 2 years we haven't been written off have been 2009 and 2012 after we won the premierships. Every other year the same **** is written about us.

13. SHARKS TO WIN PREMIERSHIP

Well, that's what I've asked Santa for...What sort of drugs is he taking? Besides, everybody knows Santa's a Manly supporter.

Seems the Daily trollograph has got you again. Playing right into their hands. Some class trolling all be it rather stale.

trollface.jpg

Typical rothfield, i think you will find that nearly every journo will write us off in 2013 predicitions and only because we have lost T-rex, me personally I think we will be a better team in 2013.

We just need Lozza to trot out his usual "Manly to be bottom 4" rubbish and we can confidently book our Finals' tickets in advance. :)
Both first class losers with NFI.

The Jamie Lyon comment came out wrong, he was the BEST centre in the comp but looked like he was carrying injuries which slowed him down abit. Absolute gun. Jase agreed with Roth's assessment and is walking around with a big grin.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4