Round 2 NRL teams

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
3:18pm: Talkin' Teams: Here's some interesting stats from the opening weekend of the NRL. The Storm won their game with the second worst completion rate of the round. The Dragons had one of the best completion rates but still lost to the reigning premiers.

Best completion rates: Knights (85%), Rabbitohs (84%), Panthers (83%), Sea Eagles (79%), Dragons (79%)

Worst completion rates: Roosters (60%), Storm (64%), Raiders (68%), Eels (68%), Broncos (68%)

2:31pm: Talkin' Teams: Knights coach Wayne Bennett has named an unchanged line-up for this Sunday's clash with Manly. Jarrod Mullen will play for the Knights despite suffering a hand injury in the 42-10 thrashing of the Wests Tigers last night. He was brilliant for the Knights last night, so too was Darius Boyd. I know it's only round one but Knights fans have every right to be excited about their premiership aspirations this year. And what about Dane Gagai, is he the most improved player in the NRL?

Knights: 1. Darius Boyd, 2. James McManus, 3. Dane Gagai, 4. Anthony Quinn, 5. Akuila Uate, 6. Jarrod Mullen, 7. Kurt Gidley (c), 8. Kade Snowden, 9. Travis Waddell, 10. Willie Mason, 11. Beau Scott, 12. Chris Houston, 13. Jeremy Smith. Interchange: 14. Tyrone Roberts, 15. Neville Costigan, 16. Robbie Rochow, 17. Alex McKinnon, 18. David Fa’alogo

2:26pm: Talkin' Teams: Cowboys coach Neil Henry has no reason to change his side after their first round one win against grand finalists Canterbury. It won't get any easier for the Cowboys this week when they play host to the reigning premiers Melbourne on Saturday night.

Cowboys: 1. Matthew Bowen, 2. Ashley Graham, 3. Brent Tate, 4. Kane Linnett, 5. Antonio Winterstein, 6. Johnathan Thurston (c), 7. Ray Thompson, 8. Matt Scott (c), 9. Scott Moore, 10. James Tamou, 11. Gavin Cooper, 12. Glenn Hall, 13. Dallas Johnson. Interchange: 14. Rory Kostjasyn, 15. Ashton Sims, 16. Tariq Sims, 17. Jason Taumalolo, 18. Clint Greenshields.

2:17pm: Talkin' Teams: Warriors team for their clash with the Sydney Roosters on Saturday night. Coach Matthew Elliott has brought in Bill Tupou on to the wing to replace Manu Vatuvei, who suffered an ankle injury against the Eels last week that is expected to see him sidelined until at least round four. Feleti Mateo has been dropped back to the bench and has been replaced by Steve Rapira in the starting line-up.

Warriors: 1. Kevin Locke, 2. Glen Fisiiahi, 3. Dane Nielsen, 4. Konrad Hurrell, 5. Bill Tupou, 6. Thomas Leuluai, 7. Shaun Johnson, 8. Sam Rapira, 9. Elijah Taylor, 10. Ben Matulino, 11. Steve Rapira, 12. Simon Mannering (C), 13. Todd Lowrie. Interchange: 14. Jacob Lillyman, 15. Feleti Mateo, 16. Sebastine Ikahihifo, 17. Pita Godinet, 18. Ben Henry

2:08pm: Talkin' Teams: The Titans really surprised me against the Sharks. Albert Kelly and Aidan Sezer were very impressive in the halves and showed plenty of promise in their first hit-out together. I like the fact Cartwright has again left big Dave Taylor on the bench. I'm all for players having to earn their stripes at new clubs. The fact the Titans have two big-boppers in the centres says a lot about the way they want to play this year. They lack genuine strikepower in the backline but if they get close enough to the tryline, they'll back themselves to crash over the line.

2:04pm: Talkin' Teams: Gold Coast Titans coach Johnny Cartwright has named his side for round two. He's named the same side that went down 12-10 to the Sharks on Sunday night.

Titans: 1. William Zillman, 2. Kevin Gordon, 3. Brad Takairangi, 4. Jamal Idris, 5. David Mead, 6. Aidan Sezer, 7. Albert Kelly, 8. Luke Douglas, 9. Matt Srama, 10. Nate Myles, 11. Greg Bird, 12. Ben Ridge, 13. Ashley Harrison. Interchange: 14. Dave Taylor, 15. Luke Bailey, 16. Ryan James, 17. Beau Falloon, 18. Luke O' Dwyer

Wests Tigers coach Mick Potter has named an unchanged team. Did he not watch the game last nigth?
Tigers: 1. Tim Moltzen 2. Matthew Utai 3. Blake Ayshford 4. Chris Lawrence 5. Marika Koroibete 6. Benji Marshall 7. Jacob Miller 8. Jack Buchanan 9. Robbie Farah 10. Keith Galloway 11. Braith Anasta 12. Liam Fulton 13. Adam Blair. Interchange: 14. Matthew Bell 15. Ben Murdoch-Masila 16. Aaron Woods 17. Eddy Pettybourne 18. Joel Reddy

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/sportsday-live/sportsday-live-tuesday-march-12-2013-20130312-2fx0y.html#ixzz2NImycBx7

Melbourne team is in.
Storm: 1. Billy Slater 2. Matt Duffie 3. Will Chambers 4. Justin O'Neill 5. Mahe Fonua 6. Gareth Widdop 7. Cooper Cronk 8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Cameron Smith 10. Bryan Norrie 11. Tohu Harris 12. Ryan Hoffman 13. Ryan Hinchcliffe. Interchange: 14. Jason Ryles 15. Lagi Setu 16. Siosaia Vave 17. Junior Moors 18. Slade Griffin

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/sportsday-live/sportsday-live-tuesday-march-12-2013-20130312-2fx0y.html#ixzz2NIn3TSbH

: I like what Ricky Stuart has done with his side for round two. Joseph Paulo replaces the injured Luke Kelly at five-eighth. Kelepi Tanginoa set to make his debut off the bench.
Eels: 1. Jarryd Hayne 2. Ken Sio 3. Ryan Morgan 4. Jacob Loko 5. Cheyse Blair 6. Joseph Paulo 7. Chris Sandow 8. Mitchell Allgood 9. Matt Keating 10. Tim Mannah 11. Reni Maitua 12. Matthew Ryan 13. Ben Smith. Interchange: 14. Ben Roberts 15. Darcy Lussick 16. Fuifui Moimoi 17. Kelepi Tanginoa

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/sportsday-live/sportsday-live-tuesday-march-12-2013-20130312-2fx0y.html#ixzz2NIn87eU5

Josh Dugan and Blake Ferguson suspended indefinitely by the Raiders, with Reece Robinson and Jack Wighton replacing them in the side. Robinson missed last week's game with a back injury, while Wighton shifts in from the wing to the centres. Shaun Fensom has been named despite being in doubt with a wrist injury.
Raiders: 1. Reece Robinson, 2. Sandor Earl, 3. Jarrod Croker, 4. Jack Wighton, 5. Edrick Lee, 6. Josh McCrone ©, 7. Sam Williams, 8. David Shillington © 9. Shaun Berrigan, 10. Dane Tilse, 11. Josh Papalii, 12. Joel Thompson, 13. Shaun Fensom. Interchange: 14. Matt McIlwrick, 15. Joel Edwards, 16. Brett White, 17. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs, 18. Mark Nicholls.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/sportsday-live/sportsday-live-tuesday-march-12-2013-20130312-2fx0y.html#ixzz2NInEBb62

: Rabbitohs side is in. Bryson Goodwin replaces the injured Beau Champion (shoulder) in the centres, while skipper Michael Crocker remains on the bench. Jeff Lima replaces the suspended Sam Burgess in the front row.
Rabbitohs: 1. Greg Inglis 2. Nathan Merritt 3. Dylan Farrell 4. Bryson Goodwin 5. Andrew Everingham 6. John Sutton 7. Adam Reynolds 8. Jeff Lima 9. Issac Luke 10. Roy Asotasi 11. Chris McQueen 12. Ben Te'o 13. Ben Lowe. Interchange: 14. Nathan Peats 15. Michael Crocker (c) 16. Dave Tyrrell 17. George Burgess 18. Jason Clark 19. Justin Hunt

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/sportsday-live/sportsday-live-tuesday-march-12-2013-20130312-2fx0y.html#ixzz2NInLiTec

Sonny Bill Williams to start for the Roosters on his return to New Zealand on Saturday night. He replaces Mitchell Aubusson, who drops back to a six-man bench. Going to be interesting to see what type of reception Williams gets in New Zealand.
Roosters: 1. Anthony Minichiello, 2. Daniel Tupou, 3. Michael Jennings, 4. Shaun Kenny-Dowall, 5. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, 6. James Maloney, 7. Mitchell Pearce, 8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, 9. Jake Friend, 10. Sam Moa, 11. Aidan Guerra, 12. Sonny Bill Williams, 13. Frank-Paul Nu'uausala. Interchange: 14. Daniel Mortimer, 15. Martin Kennedy, 16. Mitchell Aubusson, 17. Luke O'Donnell, 19. Boyd Cordner, 22. Dylan Napa

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/sportsday-live/sportsday-live-tuesday-march-12-2013-20130312-2fx0y.html#ixzz2NInRA8j5

Panthers coach Ivan Cleary has named the same side that took the field against the Raiders last week. Wes Naiqama has an ankle problem and is in some doubt for Sunday afternoon's clash with the Tigers.
Panthers: 1 Dean Whare, 2 Josh Mansour, 3 Wes Naiqama, 4 Geoff Daniela, 5 David Simmons, 6 Lachlan Coote, 7 Luke Walsh, 8 Sam Mckendry, 9 Kevin Kingston (C), 10 Tim Grant, 11 Sika Manu, 12 Lewis Brown, 13 Nathan Smith. Interchange: 14 James Segeyaro, 15 Nigel Plum, 16 Jeremy Latimore, 17 Clint Newton, 18 Adam Docker.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/sportsday-live/sportsday-live-tuesday-march-12-2013-20130312-2fx0y.html#ixzz2NIo2pyg3

Brisbane coach Anthony Griffin has named an unchanged side. He's sticking with Corey Norman at fullback and Josh Hoffman on the wing.
Broncos: 1. Corey Norman 2. Josh Hoffman 3. Jack Reed 4. Justin Hodges 5. Lachlan Maranta 6. Scott Prince 7. Peter Wallace 8. Josh McGuire 9. Andrew McCullough 10. Sam Thaiday (c) 11. Alex Glenn 12. Matt Gillett 13. Corey Parker, Interchange: 14. Ben Hunt 15. Ben Hannant 16. Mitchell Dodds 17. David Stagg 18. Scott Anderson

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/sportsday-live/sportsday-live-tuesday-march-12-2013-20130312-2fx0y.html#ixzz2NIoAvrZH

Manly coach Geoff Toovey has named an unchanged side and has added new recruit from the Sydney Roosters, Tom Symonds, to an extended bench. Jason King is a chance of returning from injury against the Knights on Sunday, despite not being named.
Sea Eagles: 1. Brett Stewart 2. Jorge Taufua 3. Jamie Lyon (c) 4. Steve Matai 5. David Williams 6. Kieran Foran 7. Daly Cherry-Evans 8. Brenton Lawrence 9. Matt Ballin 10. Brent Kite 11. Anthony Watmough 12. Justin Horo 13. Jamie Buhrer. Interchange: 14. Richie Fa’aoso 15. Joe Galuvao 16. David Gower 17. Jesse Sene-Lafao 20. Tom Symonds

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/sportsday-live/sportsday-live-tuesday-march-12-2013-20130312-2fx0y.html#ixzz2NIoEj1jX

Des Hasler loves the old cut and paste. He's named the same team as round one, despite Drury Low moving to fullback last week. Note to Des, don't even bother naming a side.
Bulldogs: 1. Steve Turner 2. Drury Low 3. Josh Morris 4. Krisnan Inu 5. Sam Perrett 6. Josh Reynolds 7. Kris Keating 8. Aiden Tolman 9. Michael Ennis (C) 10. Martin Taupau 11. Tony Williams 12. Josh Jackson 13. Greg Eastwood. Interchange: 14. Dene Halatau 15. Dale Finucane 16. David Klemmer 17. Tim Browne 19. Mitch Brown

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/sportsday-live/sportsday-live-tuesday-march-12-2013-20130312-2fx0y.html#ixzz2NIoKnN5w

Sharks coach Shane ... I mean Peter Sharp, has named the identical side to round one.
Sharks: 1. Michael Gordon 2. Jonathan Wright 3. Ricky Leutele 4. Matthew Wright 5. Beau Ryan 6. Todd Carney 7. Jeff Robson 8. Andrew Fifita 9. Isaac De Gois 10. Ben Ross 11. Luke Lewis 12. Wade Graham 13. Paul Gallen. Interchange: 14. Chris Heighington 15. Jon Green 16. John Morris 17. Anthony Tupou 18. Jayson Bukuya 19. Sam Tagataese 20. Chad Townsend

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/sportsday-live/sportsday-live-tuesday-march-12-2013-20130312-2fx0y.html#ixzz2NIoPFKTX

Manly coach Geoff Toovey has named an unchanged side and has added new recruit from the Sydney Roosters, Tom Symonds, to an extended bench. Jason King is a chance of returning from injury against the Knights on Sunday, despite not being named.
Sea Eagles: 1. Brett Stewart 2. Jorge Taufua 3. Jamie Lyon © 4. Steve Matai 5. David Williams 6. Kieran Foran 7. Daly Cherry-Evans 8. Brenton Lawrence 9. Matt Ballin 10. Brent Kite 11. Anthony Watmough 12. Justin Horo 13. Jamie Buhrer. Interchange: 14. Richie Fa’aoso 15. Joe Galuvao 16. David Gower 17. Jesse Sene-Lafao 20. Tom Symonds

Wow for Tom making the bench in his second week, really looking forward to seeing this kiddie play.
Great write up in the Manly Daily today.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/former-sydney-city-backrower-tom-symonds-dubbed-sea-eagles-rooster-booster/story-fngr8iii-1226595525989
---------------------------------------------------
Former Sydney City backrower Tom Symonds dubbed Sea Eagles' 'Rooster booster'
THE Sea Eagles' premiership stocks have received a big boost after the eye-catching debut of former Sydney City backrower Tom Symonds last weekend.

The red-headed forward had only been at his new club for five days before his standout performance in the Manly NSW Cup side that defeated the Auckland Vulcans 26-24 at Brookvale on Saturday.

With head coach Geoff Toovey watching on, Symonds crossed for two tries and could have finished with a hat-trick had he not unselfishly passed the ball to send over five-eighth Jason Seage.

"I came over on Monday and trained with the boys for a couple of days," Symonds said.

"It was a bit of a whirlwind getting to know everyone and getting a feel for the new club.

"But it was good to get that first game out of the way."

As Manly coach Luke Williamson said: "If we didn't have Tom we wouldn't have won. I think his energy and what he did on the field was sensational."

Symonds' effort was all the more impressive considering Saturday was his first game in more than eight months.

His previous match was at Brookie last June when he dislocated his shoulder playing for the Roosters in the NRL against Manly.

"It wasn't a bad first hit-out," Symonds said.

"Obviously I didn't have the pre-season here and it did feel a bit strange coming over but all the boys are welcoming.

"There were some things I was happy with but a few things I can definitely improve on, and I'm sure my fitness can get a lot better over the coming weeks so there is plenty to work on."

Symonds saw more of an opportunity for himself at the Sea Eagles.

"I had been at the Roosters since I was a kid and it was like my home.

"I just felt like it could be a good move for me coming over here getting into a fresh environment."

Symonds is now looking forward to building his career at Narrabeen and cracking the NRL squad.

"Hopefully it is not too far away but I still have a bit of work to do."

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7