Round 25 game time

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Does anyone know if the NRL has announced the game times for Round 25. They're not up on the NRL website.

Buggered if I know how one plans a trip from out of town when they can't announce the times and dates until 4 weeks beforehand.

But that apparently does not apply to MNF. The club are going to magically arrange 2 MNF games for next year that will coincidentally coincide with the fact that we have to play 2 games in Gosford.

Yet fans that want to arrange interstate trips or trips from Hicksville to the big smoke are left wondering when the TV stations finally make a decision on which games are to be played on which day.

Like CW has said many times the game is being run by the wrong people. The funding for the game is not going to change in our lifetimes so it is about time Gallop grew some balls and told the TV networks that the NRL will run the game and that it will be run to a schedule that suits clubs and supporters. Every other major sport in Australia can do it so why can't Gallop. If he doesn't have the guts to do it then he should hand over the reins to someone who does.

I'm completely with you on this one Pete. It is absurd that I'm left kicking stones and wondering when the NRL/Ch 9?Fox will get around to bothering about announcing times for the games.

If it doesn't happen soon the club will lose my custom. simple as that.

But that apparently does not apply to MNF. The club are going to magically arrange 2 MNF games for next year that will coincidentally coincide with the fact that we have to play 2 games in Gosford.

Yet fans that want to arrange interstate trips or trips from Hicksville to the big smoke are left wondering when the TV stations finally make a decision on which games are to be played on which day.

Like CW has said many times the game is being run by the wrong people. The funding for the game is not going to change in our lifetimes so it is about time Gallop grew some balls and told the TV networks that the NRL will run the game and that it will be run to a schedule that suits clubs and supporters. Every other major sport in Australia can do it so why can't Gallop. If he doesn't have the guts to do it then he should hand over the reins to someone who does.

While I agree with all you say Pete, you don't honestly believe that bit do you?

I checked this morning on NRL.com and still no announcement as to the scheduling that week.

It is not just out of towners who are disadvanted either. Some of us city dwellers still have to plan our lives. Interesting that the AFL give you a fulll draw prior to the season and they charge more for their TV. Time to get someone else apart from a media company running the game!!!

AFL - Matches, times and venues available before season starts for all games.

Super 14 - Matches, times and venues available before season starts for all games.

A-League - Matches, times and venues available before season starts for all games.

Sheffield Shield/Test Matches - Matches, times and venues available before season starts for all games.

Basketball - Matches, times and venues available before season starts for all games.

V8 Racing Cars - times and venues available before season starts for all races

Major Horse Racing - times and venues available before year starts for all races.

Thats just off the top of my head. Of course if you go the English Premier League, NFL in America and find a similar story.

If every other major sport can do it why cannot the NRL. Bottom line they didn't have the balls to tell the TV networks during the negotiations that the control of matches would be at the behest of the NRL.

Who honestly believe that the Top Rating program's every year, which is Rugby League in 2 of the 3 biggest markets in Australia could not be sold to a network. And just on Fox would they survive in NSW & QLD without the Rugby League.

The NRL have for to long been too involved with the TV networks. They need to take a step back, realise the quality of the product that they have and have confidence in the quality of that product.

I guess this does have one advantage. They don't have me screaming about only having two home Sunday games all year from the very start of the season!

super 14, basketball and A league are Pay TV stocking stuffers, they are hardly high profile media commodities.

And EPL changes at the drop of a hat, they can change a full round a couple of weeks out, that why some teams have to play 3 or 4 games a week at the end of the year. and NFL and MLB in the states are at the mercy of the networks.

While I 100% agree with the aim of your argument, those examples dont really back it.

Nothing will change till the next contract is negotiated. and while its News negotiationg with itself, nothing will change.

Which is I believe CW's point all along :)

And MB has posted the other flaw in Season long programming, if it was done all year we would have Dogs, Dragons and Rooters on every week as they performed well last year.

And the big improvers (hmm, who could that be??) would not get many free to air games as previous years they only just snuck nito the 8.

Ch 9 has now also decided that the Manly v Knights game will be the delayed one, after Tigers v Roosters.

Am hoping it may be different on NZ TV, but it would suck to have to wait til 11.45pm my time to see Manly play

AFL - Matches, times and venues available before season starts for all games.

Super 14 - Matches, times and venues available before season starts for all games.

A-League - Matches, times and venues available before season starts for all games.

Sheffield Shield/Test Matches - Matches, times and venues available before season starts for all games.

Basketball - Matches, times and venues available before season starts for all games.

V8 Racing Cars - times and venues available before season starts for all races

Major Horse Racing - times and venues available before year starts for all races.

Thats just off the top of my head. Of course if you go the English Premier League, NFL in America and find a similar story.

If every other major sport can do it why cannot the NRL. Bottom line they didn't have the balls to tell the TV networks during the negotiations that the control of matches would be at the behest of the NRL.

Who honestly believe that the Top Rating program's every year, which is Rugby League in 2 of the 3 biggest markets in Australia could not be sold to a network. And just on Fox would they survive in NSW & QLD without the Rugby League.

The NRL have for to long been too involved with the TV networks. They need to take a step back, realise the quality of the product that they have and have confidence in the quality of that product.

Just because they have the times and venues available beforehand does not mean they are catering to the fans and clubs!

Channel 9 run cricket and matches are scheduled to suit them.

Super 14 is scheduled by Foxtel

Sky and TVN seem to have horseracing by the balls

Was it not V8 racing that cut a race short to fit in with TV programming

I know plenty of A-League supporters who blow up re the scheduling of matches so that it fits in with tv programming.

If you think American sport is not run by Television you are kidding yourself.

As I said, I agree with all you say, but if you think any sport is going to go against the ones who really supply the funds and exposure you are living in a dreamworld. :roll:

I am happy to accept that all major sport is scheduled by TV, but why can every other major sport release their schedules prior to the commencement of the season except NRL.

Of course there is no perfect solution to scheduling, I just want to know why the NRL can't do it when every other sport can. (actually I know the answer so the question is somewhat retorical)

Why did the NRL agree to MNF for the final round? How short sighted were they in their neogotations with Fox.

Not one club with a chance of being in the final 8 will want to play on this Monday. Given that the decision has to be made next week there will be potentially 12-14 clubs praying to Rupert that they are not one of the chosen.

And any side that is a likely finisher in 4 vs 5 is not a candidate for that game as they will play on the Friday.

This leaves few likely games where both combatants are not a chance of 4 and 5.

Unfortunately Manly vs Dragons is one of them.

Now we know why they're taking so long to make the decisions on scheduling for that round. They don't have a crystal ball.

These are the only games that do not involve potential candidates for a 4th or 5th finish:

Manly vs Dragons
Storm vs Titans
Raiders vs Sharks

Let's hope they give the game to Melbourne, but given they are a News Ltd/Foxsports club, is that likely?

It will be the Sharks vs Raiders game.

And Mata, its not like you have to book airline tickets now is it? Just assume the game is on a Friday night, and plan for it. If its on Sunday, come home Sunday night.

And Mata, its not like you have to book airline tickets now is it? Just assume the game is on a Friday night, and plan for it. If its on Sunday, come home Sunday night.

you don't have kids, do you? ;)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4