Round 26 announced - NRL bending over backwards for Lockyer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
NRL media release: Lockyer's round 26 schedule
by Rugby League Week on Tuesday, August 2, 2011 at 7:13pm

The NRL and its broadcast partners Nine and Fox Sports have set the scene for the most emotional Sunday in Broncos history with Darren Lockyer’s final Telstra Premiership club game scheduled for a live telecast on the Nine Network on September 4 at Suncorp Stadium.

The Round 26 match between the Broncos and the Sea Eagles will be one of the must-see games in the final Premiership round as well as a pre-finals farewell to perhaps the greatest Bronco of all time.

“This will be an emotional farewell for Brisbane fans and in particular families who in some cases will have followed Darren’s remarkable career over three generations,” NRL Chief Executive, Mr David Gallop, said today.

“It’s great to see the broadcasters working together in a way that allows the club to create a truly memorable occasion and I would like to acknowledge the support of both the Chief Executive of Nine Entertainment, David Gyngell, and the Chief Executive of Premier Media Group (Fox Sports) Patrick Delaney.”

Mr Gyngell today said that the live broadcast of the match would create an opportunity for all Rugby League fans to share in the emotion of the day:

“On behalf of Nine I would like to thank the NRL and Fox Sports for working together to give one of the game’s greats a fitting farewell.

“Darren has entertained all of us over the years and this will set the scene for a marvellous public tribute.”

The schedule for the remaining matches for Round 26 have not yet been finalised and will be released until next week.

The decision to announce the selection of the Brisbane v Manly game ahead of the full schedule is in response to intense public interest in the match.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Beaver never got looked after like this. I might go and chuck the life savings on Brisbane for this match, no doubt the puppets in pink will be under instructions not to ruin the farewell

Sorry i know that Darren could be the next immortal in the game ( i like him as a player) but why has he be given the special treatment. No one is ever going to bigger than the game.

Sorry this does not sit well with me - Beaver had to play on a Monday night for his last official game at Brookie and we want a Sunday afternoon for sure.

Add another team to list who i dont want to win this year- Brisbane

Lets hope we smash them anyway.

I might shoot off an email goths NRL asking why Lockyer received this special treatment and Menzies didn't. I know for a fact that Manly put on a special request to get the Sunday slot and they gave us Monday.

MWTS will be there to drone out the crowd.
Darren's a Wanker
Darren's a Wanker
Darren's a Wanker

Hey... This ain't Wally!

This is the NRL's pathetic attempt to appease Fox because there'll be no Monday Night Football due to the Finals starting.

If Fox & 9 are broadcasting it, I wonder what the statistics are on the viewing audience?

3pm with no ads, or
4pm and ads after every point scored!

Why would anyone be surprised at the routine sucking of the snot from the figurative Brisbane f---stick, from the good folks that run the great game?

Kiwi Eagle said:
NRL media release: Lockyer's round 26 schedule
by Rugby League Week on Tuesday, August 2, 2011 at 7:13pm

The NRL and its broadcast partners Nine and Fox Sports have set the scene for the most emotional Sunday in Broncos history with Darren Lockyer’s final Telstra Premiership club game scheduled for a live telecast on the Nine Network on September 4 at Suncorp Stadium.

The Round 26 match between the Broncos and the Sea Eagles will be one of the must-see games in the final Premiership round as well as a pre-finals farewell to perhaps the greatest Bronco of all time.

“This will be an emotional farewell for Brisbane fans and in particular families who in some cases will have followed Darren’s remarkable career over three generations,” NRL Chief Executive, Mr David Gallop, said today.

“It’s great to see the broadcasters working together in a way that allows the club to create a truly memorable occasion and I would like to acknowledge the support of both the Chief Executive of Nine Entertainment, David Gyngell, and the Chief Executive of Premier Media Group (Fox Sports) Patrick Delaney.”

Mr Gyngell today said that the live broadcast of the match would create an opportunity for all Rugby League fans to share in the emotion of the day:

“On behalf of Nine I would like to thank the NRL and Fox Sports for working together to give one of the game’s greats a fitting farewell.

“Darren has entertained all of us over the years and this will set the scene for a marvellous public tribute.”

The schedule for the remaining matches for Round 26 have not yet been finalised and will be released until next week.

The decision to announce the selection of the Brisbane v Manly game ahead of the full schedule is in response to intense public interest in the match.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Beaver never got looked after like this. I might go and chuck the life savings on Brisbane for this match, no doubt the puppets in pink will be under instructions not to ruin the farewell

I dont like this one bit :argue: .. doesnt seem like we will get a fair go seems like the result already beyond doubt................ News LTD :argue:

I dont usually wish bad luck on any player but I hope Lockyer gets injured sometime between now & then & can't play this game.

I bet if goes into Golden Point they will cut to the news at 6.00pm sharp.

Brookvale said:
this guy will star in underbelly 8 in a few years time

Underbelly : Locky

The story of how a bloke that can't tackle and goes and smashes a barman

Mind you I'm personally hanging out for

Underbelly : The tale of 3 contracts

The Cam Smith Story

That's buggered me up - I was going if it was the Friday.
Can't really overnight it as work on Monday.
:-/

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4