Round 5 Venue

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyArmy

Bencher
Heard a rumour (dont we all love rumours 'round here) that Round 5 against the Faiders on Easter Saturday could possibly be played at Apex Oval in Dubbo.

I remember reading an article early last season that we could be holding a game there this year, and saw it spoken about somewhere the other day. If I find a link, I'll put it up.

City v Country was held there a few years back I think, with a crowd of over 11,000

I would love to see that game played at Homebush, its an Easter Saturday and could potentially be held as a double header with another game, the club could make some serious money doing that.

Gosford is a waste of time. I would prefer that the club look at alternatives, going to Perth is not a bad idea and the club will make some good money doing that.

What happened to the China game haha
I still think it's very lame that the nrl chiefs still beat their chests about how league is the worlds best game....but can't organise what....80 people to go overseas to show off the game to a market of billions.

Amateurs, the lot of them!

I still think it's very lame that the nrl chiefs still beat their chests about how league is the worlds best game....but can't organise what....80 people to go overseas to show off the game to a market of billions.

Amateurs, the lot of them!
I reckon Greenturd is waiting for the Dogs to make the same offer before green lighting it.

Heard a rumour (dont we all love rumours 'round here) that Round 5 against the Faiders on Easter Saturday could possibly be played at Apex Oval in Dubbo.

I remember reading an article early last season that we could be holding a game there this year, and saw it spoken about somewhere the other day. If I find a link, I'll put it up.

City v Country was held there a few years back I think, with a crowd of over 11,000

Hope this comes off, I'm only 800m up the road which sure beats the usual 800km round trip.

http://www.dailyliberal.com.au/story/2844048/can-dubbo-lure-the-sea-eagles/?cs=113

Went there for City Country, was a nice ground, but it was very cold and there's not much grandstand seating so you'd want to have a fine day.

Thanks for posting, I would have missed that as I recently cancelled my subscription to The Daily Liberal.
(Switched to the Betoota Advocate instead)

As long as they don't mess with the 5th of June rumble with the Broncs. Love that game.

It staggers me that the NRL is not dipping into their overflowing war chest to support this fixture. Taking such a match to the country should be a priority for the NRL, which is entrusted with spreading the sport nationally (That's what the N stands for in their name!). It shouldn't just be left to Manly and the country association to fund the fixture.
And to think all those salaries going to the bloated executives at the NRL. It's tragic, and criminal.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6