Round 7 Late Mail - Brett out

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
As reported on Fox Sports

0940: NEWS - FRIDAY LATE MAIL

Broncos: Sam Thaiday moves to second row following Matt Gillett injury; Dane Carlaw starts at prop with Josh McGuire added to bench.
Canberra: Matt Orford will not return from back injury; Alan Tongue and Josh Dugan strong chances to return.
Bulldogs: No changes.
Dragons: Wayne Bennett yet to decide on who to trim from six-man bench.
Gold Coast: No changes.
Knights: No changes.
Manly: Brett Stewart (hamstring) out again for Manly. William Hopoate moves to fullback with Michael Oldfield to the wing.
Wests Tigers: Robert Lui is rough chance to return from ankle injury. Fullback Wade McKinnon in doubt.
Warriors: No changes.
Cowboys: Will Tupou is expected to drop off Cowboys' 18-man squad.
Panthers: Matt Elliot yet to trim required one player from bench.
Parramatta: No changes.
Rabbitohs: No changes.
Roosters: Brian Smith yet to decide on who to trim from six-man bench.
Sharks: Dean Collis likely to be shed from 18-man squad.
Storm: Bryan Norrie and Adam Woolnough have until eve of MNF to prove fitness.

Just another chance for Hoppa and Bert to shine - see you next week Brett

Wow - the sky didn't fall in!
Brett out and it's still up there.... Thank the Lord for Hoppa.

Last year we all just wondered how much we'd be lashed by and when, if ever, will Brett return?

Brett should come back on the wing....if it's good enough for Minichello to go there to get up to speed, surely it's good enough for Stewart.

No way, he goes straight back to number 1. He organises our defensive structure so well, cant do that from the wing.

Garts said:
No way, he goes straight back to number 1. He organises our defensive structure so well, cant do that from the wing.

But wouldn't it allow him to get some consistent footy under his belt, then throw him back there?

Fullback is a pretty demanding position.

It may really help his longetivity. Mini is going great guns now, and those scum played him on the wing for around 1/3 of a season.

Have to agree to disagree. I see no point even considering putting him back there. At this stage he is a couple of levels above Hoppa in the no 1 and would be wasted on the wing.

Ryan said:
Brett should come back on the wing....if it's good enough for Minichello to go there to get up to speed, surely it's good enough for Stewart.

sorry Ryan that's just stupid, btw I heard 2weeks ago Brett won't be back till rd 9 or 10

Berks, how did it go for Minichello, the golden boot fullback player?
Why is Brett Stewart held in such lofty regards. He's just a dude, who plays footy.

I don't want him to end up like Kosef. Could have been one of the best ever, if his poor legs didn't burn him.

Brett should be cotton balled back into the team...on the wing, or off the bench with limited minutes. Short term pain, for long term gain.

I love how it's stupid for Brett, but worked perfectly for Anthony???

Mini was not as effective on the wing, he ended up back there anyway. From memory he was moved to the Wing as the super coach thought Carney would thrive there. Complete waste playing Stewart on the wing. He is a world class fullback so he should play there.

Garts said:
Mini was not as effective on the wing, he ended up back there anyway. From memory he was moved to the Wing as the super coach thought Carney would thrive there. Complete waste playing Stewart on the wing. He is a world class fullback so he should play there.

So was Mini, and I'm sure he wasn't put there, as that would be where he was most effective. He was put there to get game time, and games under his belt without breaking down.

Why is that so hard to understand?

Don't you guys want to be assured Brett will be around for a long time? We won't have other fullback options after this season, so we need to ensure his health.

I understand what you are getting at but I just don't agree at all. Why is that so hard to understand :)

i'd rather des not name brett then have him pass a late fitness test and we all be surprised at his inclusion, as opposed to him being named every week and then being let down when he has to pull out...

or playing 5 minutes and limping off,
a question to all those hounds, if Brett is injury plagued in 2011 (his 3rd year in a row) what would you do about his heavily loaded 400 k contract? Sensible discussion, not theatrics and abuse please. The highest paid player not performing for 3 seasons. What does Lowey and Des do for the future? And b4 people jump down my throat for asking a question which I am sure Lowey and Des ask when planning down the track, I want Brett to stay if he can get back, if not, I'm afraid he may have to go (on record)

I wouldn't. I would make the other team have to train for two different outcomes splitting their training and effectiveness.

Stewart is a player you train to come against and to the same extent so is hoppa as he will replace stewart

Ryan said:
Berks, how did it go for Minichello, the golden boot fullback player?
Why is Brett Stewart held in such lofty regards. He's just a dude, who plays footy.

I don't want him to end up like Kosef. Could have been one of the best ever, if his poor legs didn't burn him.

Brett should be cotton balled back into the team...on the wing, or off the bench with limited minutes. Short term pain, for long term gain.

I love how it's stupid for Brett, but worked perfectly for Anthony???

Bring back through the Reggies - build his confidence and timing up

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4