Round 7 v cowboys @ central coast

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The Kaspersky Manly Warringah Sea Eagles are pleased to announce that they will be bringing Rugby League back to the Central Coast again in 2014, this time to play their Round 7 match against the North Queensland Cowboys on Friday, 18th April 2014.

Matches out of the Central Coast venue in recent seasons have drawn impressive crowds, with another set for tonight’s mouth-watering clash against the South Sydney Rabbitohs.

With the Round 7 game scheduled for the first day of the Easter long weekend, the Sea Eagles are hoping holidaying fans will be able to plan a short stop in Gosford on their trip up the Freeway.

In line with past seasons, this game constitutes one of two home games the Sea Eagles take to an alternate venue, with the remaining 10 home matches guaranteed to be played at Brookvale Oval.

Tickets for this match will go on sale soon through Ticketek.

Kind Regards,

David Perry

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2014/03/14/sea_eagles_to_return_to_central_coast_for_cowboys_clash.html

Weird, weird, weird - surely we'd make more money taking a game to Perth or NZ, (or better still keep it at Brookie)? Be lucky to get 10,000 there on Good Friday....

It is getting to the stage that we may as well move to Gosford lol.

Playing a team up there on a Friday night is useless to most of our Sydney based fans and it being a Good Friday its going to be very hard to get a decent crowd to this game,

I agree that we would be better off taking a game to SE Queensland or WA. In a perfect world, play 12 games at Brookvale, just saying!!

Ridiculous.
The coasties don't want to support us and how many NQ supporters will be there?
It's a big ask to expect our fans / members to make the trip on a long weekend for a 7.45 kickoff -5.30 may be better but that won't happen due to TV.

Can't see us getting anymore than 10,000 there max.

Pretty sure its Easter Friday - queue on F3 or pay through the nose for another ferry :s

Manly should just go into the Event Planning caper as RL Fans get pushed into the abyss of their priorities :dodgy:

At least their Supporters won't outnumber us like the Rabbids are tonight :cool:

How f*&king dumb is the scheduling.
Knights v Broncs - Newcastle
Manly v Cowboys - Gosford
Both kickoff at the same time so which game will Ch 9 show live? I'd say the Broncos game so why have two games on a Friday night when the Dogs v Souths game is on at 4.00 at ANZ.
It's another NRL driven agenda as the ANZ game should pull 40k or more with Easter Show run off and they'll point to the "paltry" crowd at Gosford as an argument for their "stadia" blueprint.
3 games Friday - one in Sydney
NO game in Sydney on Easter Sunday - Raiders v Storm
Eels and Panthers play home games on Easter Monday
wtf???

Official Crowd: 15,120 - I reckon a 70:30 Rabbid Fans ratio.

Against the Cowboys we should expect < 10k :cool:

The Central Coast must be paying a lot for Manly to keep going up there for home games.

Interesting to note that the Western top deck bays from 30m were basically empty as was the 20m grounf level SW bay. I counted 7 completely bare bays. I guess the TV pans to the corner bays when a try is scored and rarely shows the Western Crowd.

Most of us love the view from the western stand and it is so frustrating that the general Public is not given the opportunity to purchase tickets there :dodgy:

We were lucky that the predicted storms held off, otherwise the Crowd would have been drenched looking at the empty undercover bays in disgust :mad:

A very curious decision to take a game against an out of town team to Gosford on a public holiday which is notorious for terrible traffic on the M1 (F3). As other posters have mentioned a crowd of under 10,000 could well happen.

I think the club needs to let all kids in for free for this game & maybe a buy 1 ticket get 1 free deal.

I have heard we get 100,000 plus gate takings for playing at Bluetongue if we win the outcome is worth it financially. Must admit it didnt feel like a home game against the bunnies but it didnt affect the team.

The reality is that Manly would get the reported 100k playing any NRL Team.
But taking these top opponents away from the Brookie Crowd, just makes them more accustomed to watching games on TV. They are not excited about attending games with lesser opposition even now. So why foster the TV option :huh:

Short term gain for long term pain and an obvious lack of understanding of what their Fans want.
We had to fight for the Storm game to be kept at Brookie a while back, Manly had it scheduled for WA -FFS :cool:

faithful said:
I have heard we get 100,000 plus gate takings for playing at Bluetongue if we win the outcome is worth it financially. Must admit it didnt feel like a home game against the bunnies but it didnt affect the team.
I would be surprised if it's this much. Central Coast Stadium is no longer sponsored by Bluetongue & is now run by Gosford Council. I find it hard to believe they would be forking out $100,000 per NRL game played there.

faithful said:

That's the moneyshot......only reason it's being moved is the financial reason.

I don't know, and have no inside knowledge these days (which sucks a little) BUT I'd say they kept a game for the transfer to China possibility, which then didn't go ahead, and by that time no longer possible to agree on another game to transfer to the West or similar.

So the Central Coast is an option still available for extra funding (and unsure where that comes from) and I guess they picked a game v an away team that didn't anger the members too much.

Anyway just my view but close I'd say

Mark from Brisbane said:
Anyway just my view but close I'd say

I'd say you're right Mark.

And that's all very good but scheduling games on a Friday night at Gosford is less than ideal. In fact on Good Friday Night is dumb. A Saturday or Sunday would be so much better. I guess money talks and never mind the fans.

I personally don't see the issue with the game on Good Friday, this is ideal, something to do on the long weekend, already have the day off work.

All the talk of traffic, I think the Thursday night and early Friday will be busy, but I reckon the traffic will be o.k. later in the day heading to Gosford, and no peak hour.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6