Rugby League Bucket Lists/Pilgramage

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagles2win

Bencher
No doubt a few of us have been to a NSWRL/ARL/NRL grand final, with Manly winning a few.
My question is apart from that what other games do you want to go to or been to?

I've been to :
NRL GF : '08 and '11
WCC : '12
Countless NRL games
ESL game : Warrington vs London
Test : 4 Nations Final
Origin : 2010 game 3
Qld Cup game and it was a Nil all draw

Bucket List
Any team vs Newtown at Henson Park (odd I know but would love to go there)
ESL game : Hull FC vs Hull KR or Wigan vs Warrington
Australia vs Great Britain at Wembley
Challenge Cup Final - which is oddly on tonight (no not there)
Catalan vs anyone at Stade Gilbert Brutus
Qld Cup GF

Ive been to the 1982,83,2007,08 grand finals , don't remember the year of the SoO but it was the one where crusher did a line dropout that went 1.2 meters and wally Lewis chip kicked and hit the cross bar and Greg dowling scored . Every home game from 07-2010 , all the games they've ever played at drugcastle up until 07 where me and me son where abused and spat at by drugcastle supporters.

I'd like to go to every home game for the rest of my days would be my bucket list .

Half a dozen Catalan games to watch beaver go round. Flights are less than 100$ from Oslo. Makes for a sweet boys weekend! Going to his last regular round match. Sep 7, v Warrington. Viva la Beaver!

Numerous Esl and obscure international matches around Europe. WCC 09/12. World cup semis later this year, double header at Wembly.

Go Manly

I go to Henson most years, a good day out, but you are a long way from the action on the hill there. It really makes you appreciate brookie, a rectangular field and close enough to hear the players' calls. At Henson it's an oval, and the playing area is way in field, a bit like the scg.

My bucket list is simple, a visit to league's birthplace the Hotel George will be nice, and more games at brookie. And premierships.

I must say I loved it when Canterbury lost all their points for cheating, and when Melbourne were stripped of their premierships, but it would be bad karma to put more of these on my list.

@Shoe1 we did the George as part of our 2012 WCC tour, couple of old guys showed us through.....one of them the ref ( I think) from Origin 1 in 1980.

Another was a Captain of England in the 1960's

A great night.

For me it would be a World Cup final at Wembley Stadium, about the only RL bucket list not ticked off yet

The saving grace of old age are the memories we gather :D

1976 - 1978 saw Manly play at Henson Park, Lidcombe Oval, NS Stadium, Leichhardt Oval, Belmore Oval, Old SFS.

1978 and 1982 I was in Europe and saw the Kangaroos Tour Games in UK and France.

In 1982 I also went to the Challenge Cup at the old Wembley Stadium , I think St Helen's and Widnes played.
Don't remember who won, but was amazed at the acoustics of the Stadium.
It was strange for me from Oz, that each Team's Supporters had to sit at either end of the ground. But you could clearly hear the chants/insults from the opposition Fans still :p

Back in the 1980's and 1990's went to the SOO at Lang Park and Suncorp, MCG. When NSW won the Series in 1994 I was the only Manly/NSW Fan on the West side:-/

Went to all the Seven's tournaments at the new SFS - probably still my favourite tournament, as Manly's style of play really shines in open field:angel:

Been to all the Manly Grand Finals since returning to Oz in 1984.
So my stats there are almost even with 3 GF losses :( and 4 GF wins :)

I go to all the matches again after returning from the Super League self imposed exile in 2007, but not the WCC, as the north of England in winter is not something that I want to revisit.

Support Manly and see the World - its a fun time and Manly can usually be relied upon to win the games that they contest:angel:

Hope Canberra will warm up by tommorrow :s

Getting to an NRL match is a big deal for me haha

Been to all the GFs since 2007 and my old man took me over for 95 as well
Been to Origin in both Qld and NSW too

Ticked 1 ground off the list about a month back which was Leichhardt, great little ground

Talking to a couple of mates last night and we are definitely getting to the nines next year

Being 12, I hope to one day sit in the licensed section.

Other than that.....

Get to brookie again.

See a Manly GF

Watch a series winning nsw origin victory in nsw.

Meet a pumpkin

Hack Dan's site again

Buy a beer for everyone who gave me a like

Meet some players.

Blues win at Lang Park.

Been twice for 2 losses and for anyone who hasn't been it's an absolute must. The whole city gets into the event and the afternoon / pre-game down Caxton St is amazing.

Then inside the stadium - which is easily the best stadium in the game - the atmosphere is INSANE!

The post game could b a bit scary if the locals get done but hopefully I will get to see it one day. Doubt it will be next year unfortunately though...

Brookie Brawler said:
Blues win at Lang Park.

Been twice for 2 losses and for anyone who hasn't been it's an absolute must. The whole city gets into the event and the afternoon / pre-game down Caxton St is amazing.

Then inside the stadium - which is easily the best stadium in the game - the atmosphere is INSANE!

The post game could b a bit scary if the locals get done but hopefully I will get to see it one day. Doubt it will be next year unfortunately though...

I've been 'lucky' enough to have been at a few of those.

Tis great. You can hug the nearest blue wearing person near you!

I'd like to go to Henson and liechardt.

The one sporting game I want to see badly is Millwall Vs West Ham I think the atmosphere would be awesome

Sit on the hill at Brookie on a regular basis like I did as a kid.
Attend a Manly winning GF and go to the post match celebration.
Get my reptile licence so I can keep Snake at my house.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6