Rugby League curses

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagleE

Reserve Grader
Thinking about Sandow at Parra and how he has been dropped. Is there a curse on the number 7 jersey over there with the number of half backs used.
Is there another position in any club where players have not fulfilled potential or suffered injuries so regularly.
The only other curse I can think of is that no player to leave Manly has really prospered and improved their career. Namely guys like Elsegood and Dorn.

A coach is doomed the moment his board announces he has their full support. Apparently that happened to Furner today.

Kearney is probably not far away from having the full support of the board also. He has bought some shocking players, leads an unhappy club and they are going backwards. Facing breaking the salary cap and getting those results.

The funny thing about Parra and Sandow is that Jeff Robson is going so well at Cronulla and he would only have been on one fifth of the money Sandow is on.

Cronulla are cursed....longest current premiership drought by a long stretch. Only bested by the other perennial losers The Bears.

The "face of the game" curse of the past few seasons (Snake, Inglis and Marshall getting into trouble off field) seems to have been put to bed (hopefully). Although I hear Gallop is set to make Carney the face of the game for 2013...

MadMarcus said:
The "face of the game" curse of the past few seasons (Snake, Inglis and Marshall getting into trouble off field) seems to have been put to bed (hopefully). Although I hear Gallop is set to make Carney the face of the game for 2013...

Gallop would be stupid enough to do it!

eagleE said:
Thinking about Sandow at Parra and how he has been dropped. Is there a curse on the number 7 jersey over there with the number of half backs used.
Is there another position in any club where players have not fulfilled potential or suffered injuries so regularly.
The only other curse I can think of is that no player to leave Manly has really prospered and improved their career. Namely guys like Elsegood and Dorn.

That Parramatta halfback jersey is crazy - I rememer I read an article in Rugby League Player Magazine (don't know if any of you guys have heard of it) back at the start of the season that listed the 27 guys who have been in that position since Sterlo won a Premiership there in the 80s. Sandow is there 28th - they are yet to win a Premiership since Sterlo and just 1 of the guys who have been there (I think it was John Simon in the early 90s) has played an Origin match while at the club.

That is crazy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8