Rugby League Reality show

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Filming has started on a new rugby league reality television show.

In a year in which the code has come under fire for a series of scandals involving high profile players and celebrities, a new 14-part series will give aspiring players, aged between 17 and 25, a chance to play at the highest level.

The program, called NRL Dream, is being promoted as a mixture of Australian Idol, Survivor and Big Brother, News Limited reports.

Auditions will be held around Australia and in PNG, with the winner gaining a $100,000 contract with either the Dragons, Roosters, Cowboys, Knights or Titans.

Senior NRL coaches Wayne Bennett, Brian Smith, Neil Henry and John Cartwright have all backed the project.

Source: ninemsn

Id love to see a PNG kid get a chance through this show! They love their League over there

This puts me in a dilly of a pickle.

I have a rule about not watching reality shows or commercial TV in general (other than sport).

I guess this site will keep me updated on the happenings.

Yeah, and you could extend it around all the islands as well to include Fiji, Samoa etc, sure to be some talent floating round. Wonder how they will eliminate the kids during the show ? Would have to be some sort of skills contest

Loved watching Nadruku play while growing up

The show sounds hideous.  I hate the way in 'reality' shows kids are spat out as losers.  Why doesn't the NRL look seriously at getting a team up from PNG or an Islander side?  Forget this rubbish. 

Sounds a lot like to Football Superstar that gets a contract in the ALeague

Volley link said:
I half know those dudes mentioned in the tele as creating it. I'm half famous.

which half

What a shocker.

I guess some of the challenges will be:
1. Communication – how to:
- find a manager who will screw your existing club
- give your captain a right gobful
- apologise to your team-mates and fans for letting them down
- negotiate with your club so that your girlfriend changes her story
2. Physical dexterity – how to:
- undertake accurate wall pissing
- evade mobile phone capture when legless and in toilet cubicles
- find the right floor where your room is located
- locate your room key when needing to dump
3. Community spirit – how to:
- get a woman back to your hotel room undetected
- ensure your team mates bond appropriately
- find a mate on a golf course to be the fall guy

Feel free to add more and it can be forwarded to the NRL

Football Superstar was actually well done in the 2nd season. Not enough publicity for the show to get some real quality in to trial though. FTA is needed.

Because obviously the coaches and clubs would be required to have involvement in the show.

Wouldn't be practical to have all clubs involved.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4