Rugby mum Julie Burgess faces an agonising choice — Sea Eagles or Rabbitohs?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
EVERYONE’S favourite rugby league mum, Julie Burgess, faces an agonising decision in the next few days.

Does she watch her eldest son Luke make his debut in maroon and white on Saturday or attend the Charity Shield, to see the Rabbitohs — featuring her twins George and Tom — take on the Dragons?

Geographically, she can’t do both.

The Sea Eagles kick-off at 5.30pm at Pittwater Rugby Park against the Sharks, with the action at ANZ Stadium beginning at 7.35pm.

On Wednesday, Luke Burgess felt his younger siblings would win out.

“I am not too sure what she will do, I think she will end up at Homebush,” he said with a wry smile.

“I will try and twist her arm to come watch me.”

Burgess also revealed he spoke to former Manly lock Glenn “Gifty” Stewart at length before shifting clubs recently.

“Gifty is a great bloke, we hit it off instantly,’’ he said.

“You could tell he was very proud of his time with the club. He had nothing but good things to say — especially when it comes to the culture of the playing group.”
Burgess also revealed he spoke to former Manly lock Glenn “Gifty” Stewart at length before shifting clubs recently.

The former London Broncos, Leeds Rhinos and South Sydney prop could prove to be an astute buy for Geoff Toovey.

He is tough, uncompromising and hits like a missile in defence.

“I was off contract and looking for a new challenge,’’ he said.

“Manly is a great club and all the boys have been very welcoming.”

Burgess will have to wait until round 16 on Friday, July 26 to take on his younger brothers for the first time in his career.

Last edited:
Gifty is all class especially with this comment:

“You could tell he was very proud of his time with the club. He had nothing but good things to say — especially when it comes to the culture of the playing group.”
Burgess also revealed he spoke to former Manly lock Glenn “Gifty” Stewart at length before shifting clubs recently."

Can we please keep this buzzard of a woman away from Brookie.
I have had jack sh** of the carry on for a players mum. Who cares about a footy players mum - why do channel 9 give her so much airtime.
Vent over.

I'm sure we'll grow to love her, seems a good sport. I won't let my hatred of Souths cloud my judgement.

have some respect brother . She is a mum
I get that she is a mum Bozo and she has raised some excellent football players as a single mum, i will give her that credit - but the over the top interviews with her last year and 2013 was overkill. i recall one match had a 10 minute interview with her - please.....

Can we please keep this buzzard of a woman away from Brookie.
I have had jack sh** of the carry on for a players mum. Who cares about a footy players mum - why do channel 9 give her so much airtime.
Vent over.

When you're getting porked by Rusty that makes you extra famous .

Gifty is all class especially with this comment:

Burgess also revealed he spoke to former Manly lock Glenn “Gifty” Stewart at length before shifting clubs recently."
You don't think that Watmore would say the same thing?

TIP : Dear Julie, the drive to Brookie is to far and not being from here we really won't like for you to get lost in your journey. So please, please no need to travel look after your other two sons and stay at Redfern

It's not her fault the media makes such a big deal about her, she seems quite genuine and has embraced our game and our country - makes her someone I'm happy to have follow Manly.

Bit of respect people. This is a Manly players mother you are talking about and I don't think you'd like someone talking in this manner if it were your mum.
It's not her fault the media and NRL have used her and her family as a marketing tool. The plan has worked and has the public taking additional interest in this great game.

I hope she doesn't sleep with all of her son's coaches, like Martin Lang's Mum.

There's a joke in there. Think about it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6