Sack him immediately, Bring in Tooves

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He doesnt need money - cant understand why he would not just stand down if he does not want to coach at Manly. Hope he hasnt signed with Bulldogs out of spite to get back at the board/ management. If so he has no idea how much this is hurting the fans.
I reckon if he wants to go - he should be let go immediatley.

dont sack him
If des has signed let the bulldogs have him next year for a price.

Ask for 10 mil and don't accept anything under 5mil. lets see how bad they want him for next year.

If true DES has to be shown the door. How could the players play for him when he's leaving them. Time 4 Tooves to step up.

no need to sack him. he has brought us 2 premierships and with this sorted now in the off season. We have a real chance to defend the title. Tooves has served his apprenticeship (just like Des served his under the unsuccessful Mr Peter Sharp)

Having a coach pissing off elsewhere didn't exactly hurt the Warriors this season, did it? (Although perhaps it hurt the Dragons!)

Above anything, in Des's long career as a player and coach, he has demonstrated that he is a model professional. I'd expect no less of him next season than to put his best efforts into becoming the first Manly coach to win three Premierships.

Now now everyone please a bit of sanity here, leave him there in 2012 to do what he has always done and given his all to ensure we are successful. He will in all likleyhood spend heaps of time grooming Toovey as he prepares the club for a smooth transition. The man is as honest as they come all this dribble about sacking the bloke is rediculous! Watch out he doesn't just turn 2012 into a farewell year and claim back to back tittles inspite of all the brewhaha!

Hate the dogs allsorts.
End of the day if he is going, I say thanks for a job well done but prefer him gone for 2012.
Des has been loyal thus far & certainly not underhanded.
Everything he has done for the Seaeagles has been in good taste so I will reserve any opinion till we here a valid outcome with his future.
Only thing I strongly believe is if he has decided to make Belmore his home for 2013, I would prefer him gone in 2012.
Regardless, no hate from my corner unless there is deception, this media circus combined with deluded outside fans & fiction newspapers dont register in my world.

Gee I'm just stunned I'm so shocked I have just joined my first ever forum as a 50 year old. I have to say I have seen it all with this club but I can't believe the last 2 premierships have descended into some of the worse times for our club. I get the feeling that Zorba is involved with this up to his neck and he should have been pulled into line years a go. First we have to call Des in and say thanks for your service but goodbye he cannot coach us next year it will be nothing but a circus, second install Toovey into position with Napper as his right hand man. Finally after that is done we have to call players with the get out clause into a meeting and say are you staying or going if your going as Des thanks but goodbye. I know this sounds harsh but as a club we have to pull the band aid of in one motion and clean this mess up. Now after all that we move on to the people in power in this club who seem intent in destroying it and move them on, I would get Beaver back and involved some how in the club. I have to say I'm upset by Des and expected more from him as we all know he told us he wasn't a career coach which was clearly a lie. Des if you have climbed the mountain retire as coach and take over as Chief Exec rather then tearing the club apart. I have seen Fulton come and go but at that time we were a strong club and had the money to survive I fear for the future. Trex is not signed so looks like another player leaving? Sorry for the long post just had to get it off my chest

Thanks

I for one want another premiership next year and I want Tooves to have another year of development under the best coach in the league. I have faith that Des will give everything to the club next year and he'll do all he can to set the club up to be a success after he leaves. Roll on 2012 - but first the WCC :)

Cambo said:
dont sack him
If des has signed let the bulldogs have him next year for a price.

Ask for 10 mil and don't accept anything under 5mil. lets see how bad they want him for next year.

They are quite happy to wait until 2013.. same as the Eels waiting for Hopoate. Clit's point is valid. Not only is it not beneficial to keep a coach who will leave at the end of the season anyway (Look at the Dragons this year after Bennett’s announcement?), but it will set an example to the others that greedy staff/players have no place at our Club. I'm so upset by this news.

the fake fortynil said:
Watch out he doesn't just turn 2012 into a farewell year and claim back to back tittles inspite of all the brewhaha!

Or it could end like the Dragons. I would prefer if he just quit than have a coach who is not committed to the club long term

fortynil said:
the fake fortynil said:
Watch out he doesn't just turn 2012 into a farewell year and claim back to back tittles inspite of all the brewhaha!

Or it could end like the Dragons. I would prefer if he just quit than have a coach who is not committed to the club long term
What's this fake business, I think you'll find I grabbed the Fortynil tag name long before anyone else, I even named a racehorse Fortynil, my call sign on Talkinsport has been Fortynil since Oct 4th 2008 so it might be you who has stolen my name and jumped in here before I had a chance!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4