Sacrafice for a Grand Final

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
Elite players sacrifice plenty for their career. They all want to win a GF and all players looking back on their career say that a GF win was the highlight. So what if the entire squad sacraficed 10% of their contract (took a pay cut) freeing up $400k per year to sign another elite player ( im thinking prop) that would really push them into the Gf and a win. I know it might suck if you are a lower paid player but after a Grand Final if you really want to go chasing the cash surely you could ask Souffs for more than what you were on before. Nothing good comes without sacrafice and whats $30,000 compared to winning the big one if your already on $300,000?

Its a mighty big assumption that the player wants a GF win more than anything. What about the players that have already experienced one?

wouldnt it be better if you and your mates motgaged your houses or sacrificed your pay. Then you can approach a local business, top them up with your own coin and ask them to sponser a high profile player on a 3rd party arrangement

Same result and you could put your money where your mouth is. Lets start with say 10% of your income

JUst saying

Would you give up 10% of your salary for Manly to win the premiership. Even if they players did do that there are still no guarantees they would win the premiership.

You beat me to it jbb

For fans winning a GF is the greatest achievement of all too

bones said:
Would you give up 10% of your salary for Manly to win the premiership. Even if they players did do that there are still no guarantees they would win the premiership.

Beat you bones, you type like an old ladys broomstick lol

I know its a completely different game but it worked for the Lions in the AFL 3 premierships in 3 years.

Its a bit like saying we would win the comp if everybody plays to 100% of their ability every week

That is so old school bob, todays 100% is 110 , no less will win it, especially if you dont "turn up to play"

jbb/james said:
That is so old school bob, todays 100% is 110 , no less will win it, especially if you dont "turn up to play"

...especially if you don't play for the whole 80 minutes. But then, that's not even good enough if the game goes to golden point.

heres a better idea

Someone like Young Robinson we line him up to start at prop round 25 and at the first opportunity end of Cam Smiths season.

Granted we may lose the game (playing them with 12 men) and he may cop 8 - 10 weeks but it would be so worth to take those scumbags out

Cambo said:
heres a better idea

Someone like Young Robinson we line him up to start at prop round 25 and at the first opportunity end of Cam Smiths season.

Granted we may lose the game (playing them with 12 men) and he may cop 8 - 10 weeks but it would be so worth to take those scumbags out

Don't waste Robinson. We may need him at some point. Il run on do the old feet first tackle into the side of his knee and I'll cop the suspension. They can suspend me for life for all I care.

Cambo said:
heres a better idea

We could just clock Slater in the GF like Crocker did to Snake in 07? That was a hell of a gameplan from Bellamy - take out our best player at the first opportunity. Typical Scum.

But that's what makes us better. We don't need to cheat (on or off the field) to win.

I would be disappointed if we ever sunk to their level.

Use Matt Cross, break Slaters legs and Smiths shoulder then stuff him back in the broom closet for all eternity

manlyfan76 said:
Elite players sacrifice plenty for their career. They all want to win a GF and all players looking back on their career say that a GF win was the highlight. So what if the entire squad sacraficed 10% of their contract (took a pay cut) freeing up $400k per year to sign another elite player ( im thinking prop) that would really push them into the Gf and a win. I know it might suck if you are a lower paid player but after a Grand Final if you really want to go chasing the cash surely you could ask Souffs for more than what you were on before. Nothing good comes without sacrafice and whats $30,000 compared to winning the big one if your already on $300,000?

Wouldn't you only need to raise $360k? The new guy should take a paycut as well........Unless, of course, he was really worth $440k...

it's all well and good for the club to ask player's to take a lesser price but at the end of the day some bloke will end up saying he'll want more

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2