Salary Cap and Car Brands & Dealerships

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

conanu

Bencher
I have been doing a bit of thinking and trying to figure out how the Roosters seem to have the Lions share of top players and how Politis gets away with it. He probably isn't technically breaking the rules, as his own company doesn't sponsor the players he just has an abundance of clout with so many brands and dealerships that he can call on for sponsorship. I am sure it wouldn't be hard for him to filter an extra 6 Million in third party deals to his players considering his company turned over 3 Billion last year. Not to mention the after career opportunities for players working selling cars and trucks out of 100 or more dealerships country wide.

My guess is that he uses one of his companies AP Eagers of which he is the major shareholder to leverage sponsorship from car manufacturers to each of his players on a 3rd party deals through the network of dealerships across the country. It is a telling fact that the only car company involved with the Roosters is Peugeot and they are conveniently not one of the brands that Politis company sells. His company represent's 12 of the top 12 selling car brands in Australia and 8 of the top 9 selling luxury car brands. In total, they represent 27 car brands and 11 truck and bus brands.

He has in car dealerships alone:
1 x Audi, 1 x BMW, 1 x Chrysler, 1 x Dodge, 12 x Ford, 1 x Great Wall, 4 x Holden, 6 x Honda, 8 x Hyundai, 1 x Infiniti, 2 x Jaguar (One of these in Brookvale), 1 x Jeep, 3 x Kia, 2 x Land Rover (also 1 of in Brookvale) 1 x Lexus, 2 x Mazda, 1 x Mini, 2 x Mitsubishi, 5 x Nissan, 1 x Porsche, 1 x Proton, 2 x Renault
6 x Subaru (Bill Buckle in Brookvale included), 3 x Suzuki, 7 x Toyota, 5 x Volkswagen, 2 x Volvo.

So he has 82 Car Dealerships that represent 27 Car Brands. Peugeot which sponsor the Roosters are not in his portfolio. Conveniently there are 25 players in an NRL squad. So he has 27 brands that his company represents that can provide third party deals to players without him having to twist the arm too hard.

And that is why the NRL 3rd party system is a scam.

Why can't one of the league journo's do an expose on how these deals are set up and how transparent the system is? it seems to me like it is how the NRL/NewsLtd removed the salary cap to avoid another Melbourne crisis and appease the rich clubs that sook. Journo's would rather write stories that are re-hashed versions of other journo's re-hashings.

Technically if he works towards getting the extra agreement by making contact then it would count under the cap.

Although what you are saying has been circulated for a fairly long while. There was an occasion when a player from one club who signed with the roosters pulled up at training the next week at his old club in a brand new car, and a big grin on his face

The manipulation of the salary cap is the number one issue in the game today, the template used by the drizzle in the period of 2006 -2010 is being repeated by stealth as the wealthy clubs use their muscle to not only sign the elite players but also promising juniors. We have again lost under 20 players to the rorters and that has been a pattern over the last few years with them.

The gutless NRL lead by Greenturd and his cronies will do nothing about it as Politis, Richardson and Greenturd are just about the most powerful administrators in the game and its no coincidence that they are also aligned to the Rorters, Vermin and dirty dogs.

There needs to be a total review of how the whole cap is administered and it needs to be transparent too.

What about parra and their offer of a coaching role to hoppa senior as a sweetener to get will hoppa to the eels. Bet he has little or no role at all. RORT.

What about Packer getting his mates to offer 3rd party deals at the Bunnies and those mates just happening to win on the tables at Crown next weekend. Its wide open and uncontrollable.

Technically if he works towards getting the extra agreement by making contact then it would count under the cap.

Although what you are saying has been circulated for a fairly long while. There was an occasion when a player from one club who signed with the roosters pulled up at training the next week at his old club in a brand new car, and a big grin on his face

An ex manly player in an audi if i recall correctly

I wrote this yesterday:

Are there any accountants that can answer this? Could Crown, who are Souths major sponsors, set up SPV's or charitable trusts or something with income being a cash invested from the parent which then goes out as a third party payment to the player, so the net position is $0? Or does that stuff arms length type regulations? Dunno, but I don't think the NRL delves too deeply into third party payments and as Brisbane showed, you can shut down an investigation by just not talking which is a disgrace.

Personally I think there should be ZERO third party payments. Just have a cap, everyone is paid by the club and their full salary goes against the cap, but how the club get their money to pay the players, whether through their own revenue or third party donations, that's there business. That though levels the playing field a lot more and makes it 100% more transparent than the bull**** we have now...

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6