Sam Harris offered a release for Orford.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
Sea Eagles close in on Orford
By Steve Mascord
July 16, 2005

Manly's odds of snaring halfback Matt Orford in the next 48 hours have shortened dramatically with Sea Eagles second-rower Sam Harris understood to have been offered a release to open up salary cap space.

South Sydney, Melbourne and the Sea Eagles all said they were still waiting for an answer from the City Origin halfback last night, but the news that rugby union convert Harris may be headed for Wests Tigers gave a compelling hint of what was happening behind the scenes.

"I don't know where you get your information from - it all depends what happens," Manly executive director Paul Cummings said last night.

"I've got no comment on that, but I can assure you we won't be releasing a lot of players."

Got in before me byso, just posted the whole article in another thread.

I just hope Manly have more than just George Rose in place to replace Harris, for depth purposes.

I dont think that he's fullfilled his potential. I'm OK with it.

I don't dispute that he should be the one sacrificed for this purpose, however I feel it would be disappointing if Manly haven't signed or are about to sign at least 2 more forwards who are up to NRL standard, preferably of a reasonable size.

[quote author=byso]
I dont think that he's fullfilled his potential. I'm OK with it.

I don't dispute that he should be the one sacrificed for this purpose, however I feel it would be disappointing if Manly haven't signed or are about to sign at least 2 more forwards who are up to NRL standard, preferably of a reasonable size.
[/quote]

Totally agree, somehow I dont know if Kane is the kid either. I do know that the Messiah will add that winning edge (thats for Vegas) and may make it easier to by a few low priced forwards.

I think theirs some who are more deserved of a release, sam hasn't played bad football up to now and hasn't been the worst by a mile.

We continue to give monas a chance to live to his potential byso but if sam doesn't then he can go.

I smell romance.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4