Same team, same result?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
Tooves has basically picked the same team during our protracted slump. Most will argue that these are our best available 17. Perhaps, but no-one can doubt that we are lacking speed and spark.
How about this: pick Dane Chisholm in the 17. Use him as either a reserve hooker or half back. Qld used Cherry as a second-rower, so we could follow suit, rest Gift, and bring on Chisholm as halfback to see if he makes a difference.
Chisholm is a dynamic attacking player who also has a good kicking game. Unless he is given a chance in our top side I fear he'll go elsewhere to look for his NRL break (he didn't get it at Melbourne or the Tigers).
Now, before you think I know Chisholm, or I am him (another Tim and Tom/ Magnuson?) I just feel that we need to do something to enliven our attack.
He's only a small guy so I image his defence may have held him back from promotion, but we need to score more points.
Thoughts?

The Who said:
Tooves has basically picked the same team during our protracted slump. . . .How about this: pick Dane Chisholm . . . . rest Gift,
. . . .but we need to score more points.
Thoughts?

Yes Yes Yes.

Georgie to Start. Kite on Bench. Gifty on Bench, plays on the LEFT when he comes on for Choc.

Symonds on right for 80 mins.

Taufua and Snake switch posns on the 5 th tackle. JT brings ball back makes a gap, passes to Snake IN gap. Stevie Supports.

The Who said:
Tooves has basically picked the same team during our protracted slump. Most will argue that these are our best available 17. Perhaps, but no-one can doubt that we are lacking speed and spark.
How about this: pick Dane Chisholm in the 17. Use him as either a reserve hooker or half back. Qld used Cherry as a second-rower, so we could follow suit, rest Gift, and bring on Chisholm as halfback to see if he makes a difference.
Chisholm is a dynamic attacking player who also has a good kicking game. Unless he is given a chance in our top side I fear he'll go elsewhere to look for his NRL break (he didn't get it at Melbourne or the Tigers).
Now, before you think I know Chisholm, or I am him (another Tim and Tom/ Magnuson?) I just feel that we need to do something to enliven our attack.
He's only a small guy so I image his defence may have held him back from promotion, but we need to score more points.
Thoughts?
Yeah i see your point but, at this point in time gift needs all the fitness and time on field he can get his playing terrible, and we cannot pull off a forward we are struggling for metres as it is.........replacing ballin for a spell could be an option, but i think for it to work you would need to drop jamie b and replace him with chisholm.....can he play fullback...... And i woudnt be surprised if parra rolled us either.

c eagle said:
Yeah i see your point but, at this point in time gift needs all the fitness and time on field he can get his playing terrible, and we cannot pull off a forward we are struggling for metres as it is.........replacing ballin for a spell could be an option, but i think for it to work you would need to drop jamie b and replace him with chisholm.....can he play fullback...... And i woudnt be surprised if parra rolled us either.

This is ridiculous logic. We cant pull off a forward who is not performing, because we need him to 'get fit' ? Even though we have metre making replacements?

You want to Bench a player who IS performing for 80 mins but you dont want to bench a player who is up for about 20-25 mins ??? Who also happens to be clogging up the right side attack '?????

Word is that Barba to the broncos is a done deal and his best mate DCE will request a release at the end of the year to join him at the broncos.

Problem solved as Chisholm will then be our half next year.

Fluffy said:
So Tooves has Foran pulling out at the last minute again?

I don't follow?
Against Easts Tooves left Hiku on the bench all match. He could have played 5/8 - a straight swap, or he come on somewhere in the backline when it was obvious our attack with Gift at 5/8 was crap.

The definition of insanity is expecting a different result when you repeat the same thing. That's what we are doing. We need to change things up a bit. Selecting Chisholm is just a suggestion. He could replace Balin at certain stages when we needed to score points. He can also play 5/8, in the centres or fullback.

EagleFromMay1967 said:
c eagle said:

This is ridiculous logic. We cant pull off a forward who is not performing, because we need him to 'get fit' ? Even though we have metre making replacements?

You want to Bench a player who IS performing for 80 mins but you dont want to bench a player who is up for about 20-25 mins ??? Who also happens to be clogging up the right side attack '?????
mate i think you should read my post again.........

The Who said:
Fluffy said:

I don't follow?
Against Easts Tooves left Hiku on the bench all match. He could have played 5/8 - a straight swap, or he come on somewhere in the backline when it was obvious our attack with Gift at 5/8 was crap.

The definition of insanity is expecting a different result when you repeat the same thing. That's what we are doing. We need to change things up a bit. Selecting Chisholm is just a suggestion. He could replace Balin at certain stages when we needed to score points. He can also play 5/8, in the centres or fullback.

Yes so he can play fullback..... look if true the DCE rumor then so be it, i think hes been spending more time on his on air performance then on field anyway......... i said it when we signed both him and foran we have spent alot of money in the halves, if had to pick id go with foran.... but saying that i think its crap rumor anyway, him and foran are supposed to be pretty close, they both signed to play along side each other.

The Who said:
Fluffy said:

I don't follow?

If Foran plays then it is not the same team now is it? So unless the plan is to have Foz pull out last minute it will not be the same team hence the OP is moot.

PS have you ever tossed a coin?

The Who said:
Fluffy said:

I don't follow?

I am not following his posts, either. I must be stupid!

Our issue is our forwards are not making much impact over the advantage line and getting a roll on. Chisholm is not going to provide that.

If we lost Foran again (not last minute) I am all for Chisholm getting a shot. But if Foran is fit then no, he is not the answer to our issues.

My initial post was simply about having Chisholm in the 17 and using him stretegically if the need to score points arose - which it has for the past two months. It's not about replacing Cherry, Foran or Balin in the starting 13; it's having the potential to use him in these positions at certain times during a match.
I agree that our forwards are not dominating like they did in the first eight matches. This is mostly to do with the injuries/suspension of three of our straight runners, and a little to do with the return of Glenn Stewart runnings sideways.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2