Samsung Galaxy tab

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

dowdz

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I was wondering f anyone has one of these?

If so, are they any good?

Just interested as the wife is busting my balls for a tablet.

dowdz said:

give her a vitamin C tablet and say "there you go"

To be honest any of the android tabs are as good as the others. Its all about screen size, and access to apps

Daniel said:
dowdz said:

give her a vitamin C tablet and say "there you go"

To be honest any of the android tabs are as good as the others. Its all about screen size, and access to apps

Hahahahaha....i wish i could Dan.

She is due in 7 weeks time so i am treading carefully lol.

Apparently she wants a tablet as a push present. Something i have never heard of before, but is growing amongst pregnant women lol.

Thanks for the input. Might see what happens with Ipad 3.

A push present? What next?

Claim economic down turn and tell her to concentrate on having the baby, once it's here she won't want to know about computers of any kind for a good 3 months or more

Daniel said:
A push present? What next?

Claim economic down turn and tell her to concentrate on having the baby, once it's here she won't want to know about computers of any kind for a good 3 months or more

Lol yep.

I did mention that the present was the baby and all funds should go to the baby. Glad the game was on and had to leave the house :)

Leanne begged for a tiffany necklace for a present, I told her no, and wore the brunt of the storm.

Then got it for her about a month or two after the birth. I thought it important not to reward childish demands and tantrums, sure it cost me a few bruises but I made the point :)

Just get her a cheap chinese knock-off, really for what it will be used for I cant see it being an important enough purchase to spend more that $200 maximum on it

Daniel said:
Leanne begged for a tiffany necklace for a present, I told her no, and wore the brunt of the storm.

Then got it for her about a month or two after the birth. I thought it important not to reward childish demands and tantrums, sure it cost me a few bruises but I made the point :)

Just get her a cheap chinese knock-off, really for what it will be used for I cant see it being an important enough purchase to spend more that $200 maximum on it

Sounds like a good plan Dan. Thanks

I should warn you that I live pretty dangerously in my relationship and my advice should probably be weighed against your ability to cop a tirade of abuse from your Mrs, but if youa re talking to her about it, I would suggest to her that any Android Tab is going to be on the weight of it more or less the same apart from minor features.

Battery life and screen size are your major points to think about, beyond that, the skies the limit as android is an open application

Daniel said:
I should warn you that I live pretty dangerously in my relationship and my advice should probably be weighed against your ability to cop a tirade of abuse from your Mrs, but if youa re talking to her about it, I would suggest to her that any Android Tab is going to be on the weight of it more or less the same apart from minor features.

Battery life and screen size are your major points to think about, beyond that, the skies the limit as android is an open application

Its ok, in my line of work abuse is nothing to me lol. She is pretty good. Lets me be. I think she is over being preggas and working the long days.

Thanks for the tips. Will have a good look at them on the weekend.

So you are due early May?

Leanne was well and truly over the thing by this stage too, it doesnt help that its fairly hot in Jan and Feb here and that is when they are at their largest.

You will be at the stage where she wants to go for rides on bumpy roads and eat real hot curries soon.

Is this your first?
Do you know if you are having a halfback or a cheerleader?
do you value sleep and sleeping in?

dowdz said:
Daniel said:

Its ok, in my line of work abuse is nothing to me lol. She is pretty good. Lets me be. I think she is over being preggas and working the long days.

Optus is selling galaxy tabs like phones,just sayin

Daniel said:
So you are due early May?

Leanne was well and truly over the thing by this stage too, it doesnt help that its fairly hot in Jan and Feb here and that is when they are at their largest.

You will be at the stage where she wants to go for rides on bumpy roads and eat real hot curries soon.

Is this your first?
Do you know if you are having a halfback or a cheerleader?
do you value sleep and sleeping in?

Yes around the 5th of May.

Ok here it goes lol. This is my 2nd wife and will be my second child. Ist one with my new and wonderful wife. My eldest is 12 and she is a cheer leader. My wife has 2 boys from her last partner who are 10 and 6 and play for the Narraweena Hawks. The young one has few praises on him so who knows lol. So this one will be 4 all up and a cheer leader. With the amount of Manly baby stuff at home already though, who knows lol.

Yes she is already talking about eating chilli, wont budge on the sex idea though.

My life is nights, so i will be on night duties.

Your little one must be growing up fast

The Eagle said:
dowdz said:
Daniel said:

Optus is selling galaxy tabs like phones,just sayin

Thanks for the heads up

Ah so you know precisely what you are in for, good move on the working nights too, saves you some pain :)

Look forward to the announcements and photos. Danielle is a nice strong name too for a girl haha. (Or charlie, it means Manly, so you can't go wrong).

As for Matilda, she is growing up fast, too fast, around 6 months of age was great when she could sit there but not get into too much trouble, now she is at just under 10 months and already trying to walk, this last two weeks she has been letting go of things and standing up for a few seconds, she falls over when she realises she isnt holding onto anything.

Anyway we expect first steps in the next month and I have to start thinking about a gun license with the rate she is growing up.

Still the best thing in the world, and have remarked several times to the mrs that I love Matilda more than her, she feels the same haha

Yeah but its been a while since nappies lol.

Its great watching them grow up. Nice to see you really enjoying it. Keep enjoying every minute as they fo grow up very fast.

My wife's grandpa was charlie and one of the boys have it a middle name.

Will keep Danielle in mind lol.

I just had the young boy visit me at work. He thought it would be fun to pull his eye lashes out. Lol kids never cease to amaze me with their antics.

Enjoy what i call the great years Dan, it gets hectic after 2 lol.

The Eagle said:
Ive been tempted to get the galaxy tab

But i only just got my GS2 back....so i guess that will do lol

Samsung seem to been going well in their new products.

Will see how it goes this weekend. Will take the trip to optus and have a play.

I know this is a Galaxy Tab thread but the iPad 2 is now available for about $400 since the release of iPad3. The lack of flash isn't a big problem because i've found a lot of websites support Quicktime which means web videos will play on the ipad. Not all websites but many do.

dowdz said:
The Eagle said:
Ive been tempted to get the galaxy tab

But i only just got my GS2 back....so i guess that will do lol

Samsung seem to been going well in their new products.

Will see how it goes this weekend. Will take the trip to optus and have a play.

How did you go?

The wife has started nagging me for one. So I am thinking of just getting her an Ainol Aurora, fairly cheap and will do the job, though I guess I could also just stump out the extra $70 - $80 for a Galaxy tab

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4