Sandow signs with Eels

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ryan said:
BUT, if we were to do a straight swap right now, both being on DCE's money, I'd have Sandow every day of the week. It s**t me seeing the little twit tear us up.
Since when did this forum care much for the short term? Go and take your meds mate.

I think they are both the same age.
DCE is more a team player like Ox was and fit in well at Manly.
Sandow is a individual half much like Phil Blake and will do freakish things on the field and I dont think DCE will be like that.
If I had to choose between the 2 on the same money I would go Sandow who could win a game with something special. But DCE will come good but needs more time.
Funny thing this smells like Hodko's situation from last year.

Ryan said:
Some in here are saying they'd rather DCE than Sandow? That'll do me.

Sandow has had 3 years in the NRL, DCE 3 months. You have no idea Ryan as an ex-Norths supporter you probably thought Jason Taylor was the best halfback in the world, great goal-kicker but that's it.

BTW Sandow is not an Eel until june 30, he can change his mind and renege on the whole deal and stay where he is.

Ryan said:
This was like the old days when I used to say Bulldogs forward pack was the benchmark. They had, and in their primes, Andrew Ryan, Braith Anasta, Willie Mason, Mark O'Meley, Nate Myles, Sonny Bill Williams & Greg Eastwood & co.).

Eastwood played one season for the Dogs prior to this year, in 2009. He didn't play with any of those guys except Ryan.

Steve Price and Asotasi too

Sandow is a show off. cant wait till he loses the ball in one of his pre-try scoring celebrations

Rabbits fight for Sandow

JAMES HOOPER From: The Sunday Telegraph
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/rabbits-fight-for-sandow/story-e6frfgbo-1226051685269

THE fight for South Sydney halfback Chris Sandow is set to turn ugly, with Rabbitohs chief executive Shane Richardson refusing to concede Parramatta's $1.6 million deal is over the line.

In a move guaranteed to escalate the feud between the clubs, Richardson will try to convince Sandow to back out of the move.

Under NRL rules, the Rabbitohs have until round 13 to lodge a final counter offer for the livewire No 7.

If Sandow holds his ground on the Parramatta move, Souths will demand NRL salary cap auditor Ian Schubert analyses the deal with the same veracity as he did with Greg Inglis's contract over the summer.

"We haven't given up hope of re-signing Chris and we have until round 13 to try to convince him he's better off staying at South Sydney," Richardson said.

"We certainly haven't signed anything agreeing to release him to Parramatta and under the current NRL rules we're entitled to the last right of reply before his new contract can be lodged with Ian Schubert.

"If he does decide to go to Parramatta, we'll be insisting the NRL go through normal procedure in terms of how closely Ian Schubert scrutinises the deal.

"We'll certainly be hoping he scrutinises it as closely as he scrutinised the Greg Inglis deal."

Schubert spent two months going over the fine print of the Inglis move to Souths before it was registered in January.

Despite the threat from the Rabbitohs, Eels chief executive Paul Osborne maintained the deal for the halfback was a fait accompli and said Sandow had signed the contract. The Sunday Telegraph understands the Eels contract is worth $400,000 a season and includes a car.

But South Sydney co-owner Russell Crowe ensured the Sandow deal would be closely scrutinised when he released a figure of $550,000 a season on Twitter last Wednesday.

"He has signed the deal so I'm not remotely concerned," Osborne said.

"It's done and dusted, his mum's excited, Chris is excited. The matter is finalised as far as we're concerned."

Osborne continued his refusal to discuss the financial terms of the Sandow deal and was unconcerned by the threat of Schubert examining the terms of the contract.

"I'm not concerned in the slightest," Osborne said.

"And I'm not going to comment on figures. It's an insult to Chris and an insult to both clubs to be throwing figures around."

Souths are aware of the round 13 loophole, having trumpeted the signature of Penrith's Luke Lewis in 2009 only for the back-rower to have a change of heart.

Matabele,both clubs have been pathetic since the mid 80s at the least, i wouldnt cry if either was relegated to NSW cup

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4