saw enough

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
tonight to suggest our young playmakers need another year to get a title.No need to panic.Those games happen.We tried real hard but options were very ordinary under pressure,including a couple of senior players.DCE will learn so much from these games and our future is in safe hands.we will get better and better over next couple of years but this year is a stretch IMO.

Having said all that Benji is a genius when he wants to be.

The Tigers were hot in that second half, and controlled the ball. We started pushing passes.
You can't win them all, these days.
If the Tigers play that well next week they'll beat Illawarra.

The Tigers are the side that can do the most damage from the bottom half of the 8. They are a good side on their day. I'm not worried after this loss.

If you want to stand back and ball watch Benji then he will tear you apart. We just sat back and gave them time and space to do what they do best. Des would have the paint stripping off the walls in the change rooms for sure.

mickqld said:
If you want to stand back and ball watch Benji then he will tear you apart. We just sat back and gave them time and space to do what they do best. Des would have the paint stripping off the walls in the change rooms for sure.
they know this but let it happened....next year.....

It wasn't that many games ago that Benji sparked the Tigers to score 20+ points in 10 minutes to beat The Warriors . . and now people are tipping The Warriors to be contenders. People have short memories.
It's a week-to-week thing. The Tigers are hot and cold. We are much more consistent and capable of stringing many wins together.
I'm not worried. We were beaten by a better team tonight in the second half. One half of football does not make a season.

I blame the 2nd half fade on what happened at Penrith (penalty count & no possession then a short turnaround), plus an apparent re-defining of the forward pass rule tonight.

Manly haven't had "rub of the green" since Bozo & Arko left the club.

Yet another flogging, we weren't even in the hunt. And losing to also rans with no talent and no premiership aspirations, clearly we have no chance this year. We will never win while Bailey & T Rex are in this team.

Go forward and penalty counts against us go hand in hand which leads to low possession counts like the second half.We start to give away penalties risk more passes and offloads in our half looking for easier yards which leads to side ways go forward. Tigers ran harder and more direct and it eventually wore us down especially on a wet heavy track.

I would be more worried if this performance was evident on a dry afternoon fast track like the Penrith and Souths games(although Brookie is always heavy) but this performance has been brewing for a while.

I dont think the conditions were to blame(it evened up the squads more in favour of the Tigers) but with a flat looking team lacking intensity on top of poor go forward and a defensive line that has been hanging back at times this past 4-5 weeks these type of losses will happen.

I just hope Manly go back to basics and straighten up the go forward and play more direct just to get us back on track The over-used edge plays and second man sweeps are even easier to nullify when the defensive line is coming forward--- if we dont diversify our ball playing at least set up our pet plays on the back of good go forward to give them a chance of coming off---right now its cramped and rushed.

Was saying this after last week, Foran and DCE have tough nights and so does the team.

Illawarra really put he heat on Foran a few weeks back and shut him down bigtime.

I'd agree with you Susan.

The tigers really rushed up in defence out wide. I thought fozzy should've put a couple if kicks in behind them early on, and that would've put them in 2 minds 4 the rest of the game.
In saying that last nights loss will hold us in good stead if we play the tigers.Just way 2 much possession 4 the tigers in 2nd half cost us the game. If we play them again I'm very confident wel have their measure.

Lack of ball and go forward (2nd Half) were the enemies of our young halves last night and we shouldn't leave out Benji Marshall and our "experianced" players hanging off him!! I also think Shane Rodney needs some time in the NSW Cup as IMO, he has been found wanting in defence since he came back.

I think the team is playing like they have a top 4 spot wrapped up. I expect a huge improvement and lift in intensity in finals footy with K Foran to dominate against any opposition. I was hoping for a loss before the finals as going in on an 8 or 9 game win streak would be too much pressure. Now the loss has come it's not beyond their capabilities to go through the rest of the season without losing another game. It probably won't happen but they are capable of it.

the tigers had too many repeat sets.

55% possession, made 68 less tackles.

I'm certain that the previous week the panthers had more posession too.

we have to turn that around.

anthonyb1965 said:
Lack of ball and go forward (2nd Half) were the enemies of our young halves last night and we shouldn't leave out Benji Marshall and our "experianced" players hanging off him!! I also think Shane Rodney needs some time in the NSW Cup as IMO, he has been found wanting in defence since he came back.

I absolutely agree. I noticed two major breaks let through by him at crucial moments and there didn't appear to be any reason for lack of effort on these occasions, with numbers either side and the defense front on and square. Hope he re-adjusts to the pace better but can't wait for T-Rex to retain his spot back instead.. SICK 'EM REX!! GO MANLY!

anthonyb1965 said:

Rodney was hardly to blame for that loss....

They made all their breaks by coming back on the blind side and running down our flanks. We didnt readjust in defense when they did this even though Des warned them prior to and at halftime. Coincided with us having 2 young inexperienced wingers but the inside men didnt help either. Poor reads in defense at those crucial plays cost us cause their heads weren't switched on enough thats why we lost.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4