SBW = GREED

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Bulldogs call for Sonny Bill Williams crisis talks

By Josh Massoud | May 20, 2008
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...006066,00.html
DAMAGING uncertainty surrounding Sonny Bill Williams' future at Belmore will continue until late next week, when Bulldogs chairman George Peponis meets the star Bulldogs Insiders say Williams is now "unapproachable" by club management, leaving a peace deal between Peponis and his agent Khoder Nasser as the only solution.
He again refused to comment on his supposed desire to defect to rugby yesterday and officials have had little joy in getting him to open up.
Better known as Anthony Mundine's promoter, Nasser linked with Williams two months ago and called upon the Bulldogs to upgrade his client's current five-year deal.
Williams' base salary is $400,000-a-season, but it is also understood he earns a further $125,000-a-year through a third party endorsement and a sponsorship with the club's apparel manufacture, Nike.
Aside from money, it is not exactly clear what Williams wants. Senior fullback Luke Patten yesterday called on his teammate to speak up, labelling the sudden uncertainty "surprising".

"It would be good to see what he does think," Patten said. "I'm sure in the next however long it will all get sorted out. He's one year into a five-year deal so he's got four years to go here."
With Williams reluctant to talk, Peponis and new Bulldogs CEO Todd Greenberg have been left with little option but to deal with Nasser.
But Nasser is in Melbourne overseeing preparations for Mundine's upcoming fight next Wednesday.
"I've made contact with Khoder Nasser today and we'll be meeting when he gets back to Sydney," Peponis said. "We need to come together and broker something."
Bulldogs insiders have likened the Williams imbroglio to that which surrounded Willie Mason six months ago. An unhappy Mason was released from the final 18 months of his contract, only to be chided by Williams for not showing loyalty to the Bulldogs.
The Bulldogs were also on the verge of signing Brisbane duo Michael Ennis and Ben Hannant before the weekend tensions. Both players are believed to have enquired about Williams' future when they met with Bulldogs officials in Queensland last week.
Club management is now fearful the controversy might damage their chances of luring the pair to Belmore, with Parramatta poised to make a play for Ennis.
Peponis met Nasser for the first time five weeks ago, shortly after Williams dumped former agent Gavin Orr. Nasser is believed to have argued Williams deserves more money and the pair have spoken several times since as relations between the Bulldogs and its pin-up player began to sour.
But some in the club are convinced Nasser is driving talk of a release because he is not an accredited player's agent, and therefore cannot register an upgraded or new deal with the NRL. Changing codes - or countries - would be effective in overcoming such a significant hurdle to deriving a commission from one of Australian sport's most lucrative commodities.
A Bulldogs insider, however, said the club will "go to any length to enforce our deal". That is understood to include legal action against anyone who strikes a deal with Williams.

Do you honestly blame him?

He took a pay cut to be loyal then everyone abandoned him, I would be pissed if that happened to me!

Dan link said:
Do you honestly blame him?

He took a pay cut to be loyal then everyone abandoned him, I would be pissed if that happened to me!

minimum of $525,000 a year and he still wants more ?

funny how Mundine's name comes up and this story comes out, and all that soap opera stuff on the footy show seems like total crap now

The dogs should have cut him years ago & retained a few other players instead, after all the injuiries he has had I think the club is the one out of pocket not SBW

What trophy is given to the winner of the 7th vs 8th play-off at the Rugby World cup? 

The Bledisloe Cup.

Perhaps the All Blecks could take Benji Marshall on board as well and give Australia a mortgage on the silverware. 

The Williams association with Nasser-Mundine camp is like watching your upstanding teenage son join the Banditos club as an apprentice.

SBW -> the Harry Kewell of the NRL.

This ia a bit different to Gasnier who missed out on huge sums due to sponsor deals not being stitched up properly. SBW made a long-term commitment at a price and is renegging. He is within his rights to seek a renegotiation towards the end of the season but this is imo a low act.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8