• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Seems as if the wanker has inked an 18 month deal with the NZRFU looking to play in the World Cup next year. Hopefully he falls flat on his face and skulks off back to France

Ive said some **** about SBW in the past but in hindsight at least he's doing what he feels comfortable with these days.

Mundine is no different to the fat cats and football boards who took a young teenanger and coerced him into signing long term playing/marketing contracts and expected him to do as they please.

Nobody is morally right but one things for sure SBW wasn't happy.

I fully understand you cant bail out of contracts like he did but these are kids when they are tricked into the best possible situation for those who stand to make money.

I realise you as a kiwi take more interest in it but I for one wont critically ride his every decision anymore so long after the fuss of his NRL depature happened and applaud him for having the balls to do what he wants. Good luck to him.

I love the way that the papers have him playing for the blacks. The current Black centres and those in the five provinces plus the NPC (or whatever they call it over there) will hardly be rolling over to gear SBW a leg-up into the team. He will have to earn it and it won't be easy. He is likely to have improved greatly but that Baabaas game last year showed that he was a long way short of being an All Black. They won't need him for cheap publicity, the way that the ARU used Tahu, Sailor and co or the AFL has spruiked Falou or Hunt.

He has plenty of out clauses in his contract apparently, so he can wander out at any time it isn't working

Has also apparently stipulated he wants to play outside Carter

He is too slow to be a centre.  Who would he replace in the current all black line up?  No-one that I can see. 

The guy is a ****ing disgrace. Hasn't even set foot in the country yet to achieve his "dream" and already thinking about his next move. Is clear he is only going for the black jersey to up his market value

- - - - - - - - - - - -
Sonny Bill Williams will consider a return to the NRL after his 18-month contract with the New Zealand Rugby Union expires at the end of next season.

On the same day fellow French rugby union defector Mark Gasnier confirmed his return to St George Illawarra, Williams said switching back to league was an option he would examine after next year's World Cup - along with a professional boxing career.

Williams, who will fight fellow Kiwi Ryan Hogan in Brisbane tomorrow night as part Anthony Mundine's KO To Drugs event, said becoming a full-time boxer had genuine appeal but his immediate focus was trying to break into the All Blacks team for the 2011 World Cup in New Zealand.

Beyond that, league, boxing and a return to Europe to play rugby union were all options the 24-year-old former Bulldogs superstar will weigh up when the time comes.

''Of course league is always an option,'' Williams said. ''Right now it is all about rugby but you don't have to be a rocket scientist to say that it is an option. If there is one thing I have learnt since I left the NRL it is that as a professional athlete, it is always good to have things up your sleeve.

''I am happy with where I am at right now and people might think it is a circus - me signing here for one year and there for one year - but at the end of the day I ain't got no one to please except myself and my family, and I feel that keeping myself on my toes is the best thing for me at the moment.

''I have been playing professional sport since I was 18 and when you are at one spot for too long it can drag on a bit, but signing short term adds pressure both ways. It keeps you on your feet and I feel it brings the best out in me.

''In 18 months I don't know where I am going to be, I don't know what my mindset is going to be. But right now my mindset is to get this fight over and done with - it's my off-season and this is a great way to stay in shape - and then I've got 18 months to prove myself in New Zealand.''

Despite his determination to succeed with the All Blacks, Williams said that a return to the NRL would not be dependant on how well he did during his time in New Zealand.

''Things were working out in France and everyone thought I was going to stay there for the cash because everything was going so well but I came back to New Zealand so you never know what is going to happen,'' he said. ''Toulon has already said they want me to go back after my contract so it is good to have that option, too.''
Ad Feedback

After making his professional boxing debut a year ago, Williams is also not ruling out a career in the ring. ''I have got league as an option, rugby as an option and boxing as an option,'' he said.

''It is no secret from the way I play rugby that I like the physical contact so it is only natural that I would be attracted to boxing and to be OK at it has lit some fires inside me that have drawn me to the sport.

''But in saying that, I am 18 months away from what I am going to do next in my life and I am very eager and very excited to get to New Zealand and put on my rugby boots and try to prove myself over there.''

In the meantime, Williams said he would watch Gasnier's comeback to the NRL with interest.

Although Gasnier was regarded as one of the best centres in the game before he quit the Dragons in 2008, Williams felt he had been better suited at fullback for Stade Francais because of the size of the outside backs in the heavy European conditions but expected he would have no such problems in the NRL.

''In European rugby they play a lot of crash and bash, and that is why I felt that when I saw him, his best position was fullback,'' said Williams, who bulked up from 103 kilograms to 110kg to play inside-centre outside Jonny Wilkinson last season at Toulon.

''Obviously [Gasnier] is a special talent and he went really well, but it was tough because when I watched him they were moving him all over the joint, but in some of the games I saw he carved at fullback.

''He is a strike weapon and I will be just as eager as the next bloke to see how he goes for the Dragons, to see if he can just slide back in to where he was a couple of years ago.''

Well I cant see him making it as a boxer. Anyone who has heard my story about his last fight would know why.

**** I am sick of this bloke !!

Is SBW mad here at the moment, flick on the sports news, he is there, back page of the paper, he is there, hop onto facebook and friends are going on about the wanker, and surprise surprise, Week 3 of the National Comp this weekend and he hasn't set foot on the paddock in a Canterbury jersey yet

aww KE  if he was wearing the maroon & white you would be praising him ..;D  i for 1 really liked him as a league player..

**** off I would, thankfully he will never be seen in our colours

Give me a bloke like Luke Williamson who had a bit of ticker and courage any day over this spineless prick

jjai link said:
aww KE  if he was wearing the maroon & white you would be praising him ..;D  i for 1 really liked him as a league player..

I agree with you jjai. I liked watching him play and wouldnt mind seeing him back in league

May as well keep going with this topic, the guy is a deadset idiot

This week is week 5 of the Provincal Rugby comp, he hasn't been sighted yet. He played 45mins of club rugby a few weeks back, and since then has been out with a dodgy hammy

However last saturday he was spotted up at the ski fields having a few runs down the slopes

he was supposed to play in the curtain raiser on Saturday night according to the radio over there, city country sort of thing, dont know if he did or not.

May as well drag this topic up again

It is all turning for him and isn't it great to see !!!

He has been doing his boxing sideshow. His last 'fight' was against a sickness beneficiary lol. However Jonah Lomu has called him out for a fight, and was told they couldn't until Lomu had fought someone credible lol.

But in the last week or so it has really all fallen apart for him and I am loving it. He has lost a lot of the public and the media are starting to turn as well over his antics. A month or so ago he verbally agreed he would be staying after the World Cup, but Team Mundine have come in with all sorts of conditions and the rugby union have basically told them to get ****ed. The All Blacks coach had a backhanded swipe at Nasser and co during the week, and SBW has been dropped from the top 22 because he isn't versatile enough for a bench spot, which has Mundine claiming agendas against his bruvva and he is trying to rescue him from NZ and get him away haha. His tweet yesterday "Bra the more I think of this bull**** the more I think I gotta get yu out of that environment". Please do Anthony

LOL....Mundane and SBW. I just can't take anyone seriously who has Mundane in their corner. I've never met a guy who has gone out of his way to help so many hard done by people, where would they have been if The Man hadn't saved them.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6