SCG Match of the day

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

sheridanstand78

First Grader
It was great to play at the SCG again.

Inspite of the bad result, I would love to see the NRL take more games there and put them on Saturday or Sunday afternoons.

The decision by Nein to play the game on a Friday night took at least 10K of the size of the crown if it has been on a Sunday.

I would love us to play one derby game there a season.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. There is an Easter Saturday slot that we should take and make it permanent. Take it to the SCG, 3pm kickoff against Easts, or Merge.

ManlyArmy said:
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. There is an Easter Saturday slot that we should take and make it permanent. Take it to the SCG, 3pm kickoff against Easts, or Merge.

Maybe although a lot of families go away at Easter. On the flipside Manly fans from outside of Sydney could like it.

No one plays in the 3pm slot on Queens Birthday Monday either. Not as many traffic issues coming into the CBD that day either as Easter Satruday would have. The Dogs used have their multicultural day at Belmore on that slot i think & used to always pack it out. A home game for Manly at SCG at 3pm on Queens Birthday would be a great success i think.

We had a marvellous view of the ground, which to me has been modernised, almost unrecogniseably. Yes its big, and you are a fair way away, but is it any further away than ANZ ?

But the atmosphere of the ol' girl is still there. Still there :idea: you know its so. It retains that original magic. No wonder the memories of days of yore are so, well, indelible.

About the annual derby, i was saying exactly the same thing to my mates etc last night whilst the game was underway. The NRL would be mad not to further utilise this wonderful ground.
Free or rent-out binoculars to be distributed inside the gates. You can get by without them cause those screens were great, but they are a help.

In the Members Stand. in a corner adjacent to the dead ball line. Seriously, the worst ground to watch footy, along with North Sydney oval. Poor sight lines, pillars blocking views, nil atmosphere. Bugger the romance, Allianz far superior, and Brookvale of course, made for rugby league. Give the SCG a wide berth if you ask me.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4