The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yeah let's see the so called details of this secret clause contract. I highly doubt that Tartak would've been a party to something like that. There's been that many twisted and dodgy stories around Schusters contract from last year it's hard to believe any of what's written or reported.
Well I reckon that considering the pressure that Tartak put on the club re flicking Foz to put Schu in the 6 it's not difficult to believe that Mestrov and Seibs called his bluff re Schu's ability to meet a standard by putting such a clause in his contract, Tartak would have had difficulty refusing such an inclusion considering his original push to put Schu into 5/8, just my opinion 😉

I'm not privy to the timing of any further press releases.

In relation to the enforcement or application of a clause within a contract, as well all know, and there are forum members far smarter than me who are well versed with the law, the interpretation of a clause can be the subject of great debate, precedents and a brilliant mind.

You just hope that you have the "most brilliant of minds" in your corner in such matters.

So CSM accepted the terms of the contract on offer at the time of signing. I am guessing that Mestrov would have made sure MWSE had "the most brilliant of minds" involved in drawing up the contract at the time. That being the case I am looking forward to the JS contract being terminated relatively quickly. Lets hope so anyway.

Sad to see Schuster go.

So much potential but not the work ethic to go along with it unfortunately.

Schuster really unlocked Tommy on that left side. Every time they played together they would run riot.

Something I’ve noticed this year is that Brooks/left side is no where near as effective/ potent.
Early days though with Brooks and Tom, I expect that as their time together increases so too will the potency of their attack

How so? He can claim he was promised 5/8, just like Garrick in the centres.
The breach of contract has nothing to do with what position he plays, or was "promised".

It will relate to his inability to maintain his weight and fitness levels at NRL standard. Lets wait and see what these terms actually say, assuming the information will be released into the public domain.

The days of nursing along your own homegrown talent are over. Case in point Latu, 3yr contract at 16 at 300k per year, as fatty would say..goorn !! Might as well do what the rest do and just poach the young up and comers from other clubs.
Think you still need a very good junior system, the Titans are an example of a poor system.

Panthers,Donkeys, Storm and you could argue the Cowboys benefit with their salary cap having strong systems in place.

Hopefully the club keeps on producing youngsters, young Hoppa is probably the pick of the younger players at age.

Sad to see Schuster go.

Schuster really unlocked Tommy on that left side. Every time they played together they would run riot.

Something I’ve noticed this year is that Brooks/left side is no where near as effective/ potent.
That's pretty cherry picked, Schuster has had some totally useless games and Brooks has had some great moments in attack.

I just feel it's going to be that lightbulb moment for Josh, he just hasn't hit the switch yet, but don't think it's to far off tbh. He's a special talent and one that's worth persevering with.
My comment didn't age to well did it. The only switch Schusters going to hit now is the... Exit switch.

Sad to see Schuster go.

I think the Shus biggest problem is his genetics.. his a very big boned Samoan and putting on large mass in weight is always going to be his problem.

I really feel for him.. his not only well over 6ft but his a large human, standing next to him you realise his no 5/8..almost a props body

Think you still need a very good junior system, the Titans are an example of a poor system.

Panthers,Donkeys, Storm and you could argue the Cowboys benefit with their salary cap having strong systems in place.

Hopefully the club keeps on producing youngsters, young Hoppa is probably the pick of the younger players at age.
Sure, case in point is Penrith were they mass produce juniors at a phenomenal rate. The rest of us, maybe one or two if we're lucky.

That's pretty cherry picked, Schuster has had some totally useless games and Brooks has had some great moments in attack.
I agree Schuster has had some useless games. But Tommy wouldn’t have featured in most of those useless games.

Think back to Tommy’s best 3 games last year. Parra, Canberra and Dolphins. Schuster was the 5/8 in those 3 games.

Brooks has been good for us. An actual running threat. But that’s not my point I’m trying to make. He does not CURRENTLY create the same space for Tommy like Schuster did.

I agree Schuster has had some useless games. But Tommy wouldn’t have featured in most of those useless games.

Think back to Tommy’s best 3 games last year. Parra, Canberra and Dolphins. Schuster was the 5/8 in those 3 games.

Brooks has been good for us. An actual running threat. But that’s not my point I’m trying to make. He does not CURRENTLY create the same space for Tommy like Schuster did.
Good analysis, I have been thinking similar with the left side.

Need a winger with speed, many times the cut out ball has been an option but not thrown with Talua or Ray Ray filling in, the left edge has been lethal need another option to support Brooks occasionally, the current edge forwards in Duck and Ben T are ball runners.

Maybe I'm reading to much into it, but it's quite telling that the Dragons haven't made a play for Josh, I mean they have plenty of cap space coming up with the departure of Lomax plus Flanagan would have seen plenty of Josh last year.
I hope the club does have a clause in his contract because I'm not sure he's going to be overwhelmed with offers, especially, since he's been languishing in reserve grade since the start of the season.

Schusters problem has never been his talent, he’s got a really high ceiling. Manly fans are lying if you didn’t get excited seeing some of those performances from him last year and then his rookie season. It’s his commitment and fitness that’s letting him down SO BADLY.

I know I sound like a Schuster fanboy but I’ve seen the talent with my own eyes and had huge hopes for him from early. Plus I’ve seen the likes of Joey, Matty and Cronk talk him up as one of the best ball players they’ve seen.

I’m just hoping the guy isn’t that stupid that whatever second chance he’s gonna be given, he doesn’t waste it. Because we know that means his career well and truly done. He’s 22 years old. And if he doesn’t waste his second chance then he has the potential to be a very good player. But it is what it is, it’s not going to happen here so we move on.

So , let’s assume they have kept the $800k in the budget ( even though he may well be on much less ), what position does everyone thing we need to target with those dollars should they come free immediately, or regardless , in 2025.

I believe we are a strike centre/winger away from a serious premiership contending side. One that is also a quality defender. I know it's a smarter decision to blood backs from the system rather than spending money on buying established ones but with the amount we got to spend, it's the position I'd be looking at handling straightaway.

Lehi and Clayton, as exciting they may be in reggies, are still down the pecking order from Talau and Paulo. So it'll take injuries for them to be blooded. I reckon we have a pretty open premiership window until Chez retires, so instead of waiting around for Lehi or Clayton, might as well use this spare change on a top level back.

Thanks for confirming the info on JS contract clauses @AndWeDon'tCare I assume we will see the official press release tomorrow. I am also assuming the enforceability of these clauses is unquestionable.
I doubt there will be an official press conference to elaborate on releasing a player? It’s not really something they will want or need to field questions over from a media scrum.

I doubt there will be an official press conference to elaborate on releasing a player? It’s not really something they will want or need to field questions over from a media scrum.
Probably not an official press conference as such. It would simply be a short statement in the news section of the clubs website. i.e a press release

Not sure going halfway around the world without his family and friends,is the best thing for him at the moment.Whilst he looks unfit,his issue at the present is his mental state/attitude
Nailed it.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8