1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scrap Monday Nights!

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by ManlyArmy, Jun 22, 2015.

1. ManlyArmy

ManlyArmy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +944 /23
    Looking at tonights appauling crowd for a 3rd v 5th game, Monday Night Footy needs to go!

Wonder why Fox doesn't have a 6pm Sunday Night game. Would compete with major TV shows like The Voice, The Block, whatever rubbish 7 and 10 have on a Sunday Night.

That way both Saturday and Sunday, you'd have 6 hours each day of Rugby League.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
      Ratings:
      +13,503 /292
      Monday night is a huge ratings winner - NRL/TV Stations do not care about crowds at venues :cool:

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Shoe1

Shoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
        +5,396 /80
        It's ridiculous. They should have cancelled the game once the Kieran news broke. The league world is glued to silvertails awaiting the next bombshell piece of speculation.

• Funny Funny x 2
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Winner Winner x 1
        • bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Junee
          Ratings:
          +4,887 /141
          They don't care if no one goes. Actually that's what they want then they wont have to cater.

It's what has happened to racing and trots etc.

Its all about advertising and betting dollars, nothing at all to do with gate takings.

• Agree Agree x 1
          • wombatgc

wombatgc Well-Known Member Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
            Ratings:
            +3,497 /60
            I'd be happy if we could scrap Monday's period.

• Agree Agree x 3
            • Funny Funny x 3
            • KOMORI

KOMORI Born and bred an Eagle

Brisbane
              Ratings:
              +3,503 /60
              I'm actually multi-tasking: watching a fairly decent game of footy and putting sh*t on Chewbaca and the Squeels in the "Kieren Forum" lol ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
              • Funny Funny x 1
              • sheridanstand78

sheridanstand78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
                +3,606 /53
                The intelligent NRL put this game on Monday night, Roosters v Dragons knowing it would be a poor attended crowd and high TV ratings. Greenturd and his cronies have FAILED!! with the draw. Monday night football is a fixture all clubs HATE!!

• bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Junee
                Ratings:
                +4,887 /141
                Maybe a predominantly male forum is not the best place to discuss your "lady issues".

Just saying.

• Funny Funny x 2
                • Winner Winner x 1
                • Frogz

Frogz Well-Known Member Premium Member

Sydney, Australia
                  Ratings:
                  +1,587 /39
                  Bigger crowd tonight than Brookvale on Friday...Should we scrap Friday footy also

• wombatgc

wombatgc Well-Known Member Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
                  Ratings:
                  +3,497 /60
                  What about scrapping Monday's AND periods!....
                  My god...I think I've just unlocked the answer to world peace! @:p

• Winner Winner x 2
                  • Like Like x 1
                  • Funny Funny x 1
                  • Peter C

Peter C Well-Known Member Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Sydney
                    Ratings:
                    +852 /19
                    It'sTE="sheridanstand78, post: 700116, member: 3367"]The intelligent NRL put this game on Monday night, Roosters v Dragons knowing it would be a poor attended crowd and high TV ratings. Greenturd and his cronies have FAILED!! with the draw. Monday night football is a fixture all clubs HATE!![/QUOTE]
                    It's not the NRL that selects this game, it's FOX, they get to pick a game after Nine selects their first two

• HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
                    Ratings:
                    +13,503 /292
                    Brookie crowd of 8k, braved the rain and 7 degree weather on the open muddy hill

Rorters crowd of 10k, had a dry and 13 degree weather, under cover and in individual seats

Manly Fans > Rorters Fans :inlove:

• Agree Agree x 2
                    • Lord Eagleton

Lord Eagleton Well-Known Member

Ratings:
                      +1,022 /29
                      Apart from the fact Monday night footy has nothing to do with crowds, why would we want footy taken away on a Monday? I wish footy was on every night of the week! lol
                      Its a tv programming thing. And a tv ad-sales thing. And a strategic exposure thing by the NRL. But mostly its Fox Sports wanting Monday night for selling commercial air time and filling programming and better subscriptions.

• sheridanstand78

Ratings:
                      +3,606 /53
                      Monday night really is a waste of time, its great for TV viewers but hell for fans and members who WANT to attend games.

I actually like the proposal to play games on Monday nights in the bush as fans struggle to get to games at NRL grounds.

• Like Like x 2
                      • Top End Eagle

Top End Eagle Well-Known Member Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
                        +1,417 /98
                        As someone living in a remote location and rarely in Sydney or Brisbane during footy season I only watch television games.
                        I like the Monday game because it's usually one of the only ones I get to watch other than sea eagles games.

I think the bush proposal is a good idea. Stadiums would be filled atmosphere great and tv revenew only slightly affected by logistical costs that the NRL could cover as part of spreading the game. There are enough teams playing in regional areas each year anyway just let fox pick them with a caveat that each team has to be picked at least once.

• Like Like x 1
                        • globaleagle

globaleagle Le ver vert va vers le verre vert! Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
                          +9,406 /74
                          Should be a paid public holiday for all those who have monday night tix!

• Budgewoi Eagle

Budgewoi Eagle In for the long haul. Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
                          +4,776 /62
                          They should make it Thursday. Yesterday I went past a sign for a Thursday game for the Swans at the SCG. We checked our diaries and booked tickets because it will be a fun thing for a change and Thursday means there's only one day of the working week to go. The AFL
                          Have it right. Again.

• Agree Agree x 1
                          • Top End Eagle

Top End Eagle Well-Known Member Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
                            +1,417 /98
                            Maybe they could book regional Monday night games around the same time as that towns agricultural show. That would be a bit of forward planning though.

• ManlyArmy

ManlyArmy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
                            +944 /23
                            Was a Dragons home game. And if you take away the SCG members, only 8.5K turned up.

• Like Like x 1
                            • sheridanstand78

Ratings:
                              +3,606 /53
                              The sad thing for me is there does not seem to be any angst from Greenturd and co about the alarming crowd figures for this season especially Monday nights. I was looking t some stats from the 1976 season, we averaged 16K a game at Brooky and Sydney was half the population that it is now. Back then game times were friendly for fans, now its all about TV.