Sea Eagle ready to fly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Eagleheart

Bencher
Sunshine Coast Daily
Anthony Brand 18th Nov 2014 7:49 AM

MANLY'S Tyson Andrews says he is on track to press his claims for a place in Manly's NRL top 17 following end-of-season knee surgery.

The 24-year-old made five NRL appearances for the Sea Eagles in season 2014 and is on the cusp of cementing a spot in the side following the departures of Anthony Watmough, Jason King and Glen Stewart.

The former Maroochydore junior did not look out of place in the top flight and more then held his own against some of the best in the business.

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/sea-eagle-aims-to-fly/2456313/

He has a lot of ticker, but he doesn't really bend the line, and I think we're better stocked in the forwards this coming season than last, so he might struggle to find a place.

A lot will depend on Tetevano and Vave. One might be behind bars, and the other struggled at the Sharks. However, if either of them play anywhere near their potential, you'd have to think they're in front of Andrews.

Agree, but at the same time an NRL season is long and injuries happen, especially in the forwards. Even with Tetevano and Vave, in front of him I wouldn't be surprised if Andrews may play more then 5 games in 15.

Great article by the way. You can tell that its not the Daily Telegraph employing the spin the doctor to rubbish manly or talk up some drama to try and increase sales.

Snake said:
He has a lot of ticker, but he doesn't really bend the line, and I think we're better stocked in the forwards this coming season than last, so he might struggle to find a place.

A lot will depend on Tetevano and Vave. One might be behind bars, and the other struggled at the Sharks. However, if either of them play anywhere near their potential, you'd have to think they're in front of Andrews.
You make a good point Snake , We have plenty of workers but no enforcers in the forwards and Mason , Tetevano and Vave will add plenty of fire power to our pack

I like the way this guy plays, but perhaps he is not quite big enough. He is certainly tough and fit. And if they eliminate the silly no-punch rule he'd be a great asset, considering he is a champion boxer.

08. Willie Mason
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brenton Lawrence
11. Feleti Mateo
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Josh Starling
15. Jesse Sene-Lefao
16. Dunamis Lui
17. Justin Horo

18. James Hasson
19. Zane Tetevano
20. Siosaia Vave
21. Jake Trbojevic
22. Ligi Sao
23. Michael Chee-Kam

are before him. He'll struggle to make the side, or even run on squad in reggies.

Ryan said:
08. Willie Mason
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brenton Lawrence
11. Feleti Mateo
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Josh Starling
15. Jesse Sene-Lefao
16. Dunamis Lui
17. Justin Horo

18. James Hasson
19. Zane Tetevano
20. Siosaia Vave
21. Jake Trbojevic
22. Ligi Sao
23. Michael Chee-Kam

are before him. He'll struggle to make the side, or even run on squad in reggies.
Wow only 2 forwards remaining from 2011. Hope this squad can work hard for each other and create a new hard edged pack in their own right. Seems to have a lot of potential, just need stand up and be counted.

Sea Eagles Rock U said:
Ryan said:
08. Willie Mason
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brenton Lawrence
11. Feleti Mateo
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Josh Starling
15. Jesse Sene-Lefao
16. Dunamis Lui
17. Justin Horo

18. James Hasson
19. Zane Tetevano
20. Siosaia Vave
21. Jake Trbojevic
22. Ligi Sao
23. Michael Chee-Kam

Wow only 2 forwards remaining from 2011. Hope this squad can work hard for each other and create a new hard edged pack in their own right. Seems to have a lot of potential, just need stand up and be counted.

Maybe just me mate, but I think our forward core has become much bigger and more dynamic, where the Jason King, Anthony Watmough types were more the tuck the ball under their arms just run types (which were also great in their own rights and times).

I think we'll see much more second phase play this season. I think the bench I listed might be tweeked, but it's a pack that can inimidate and bend lines.

I also think rather than proven, we now have potential there (totally different mind set), and they'll have a point to prove given their criticism.

I rate our pack now. I think its quality. Very under rated, I think it will surprise, and be invigorated.

Ryan said:
Sea Eagles Rock U said:
Ryan said:
08. Willie Mason
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brenton Lawrence
11. Feleti Mateo
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Josh Starling
15. Jesse Sene-Lefao
16. Dunamis Lui
17. Justin Horo

18. James Hasson
19. Zane Tetevano
20. Siosaia Vave
21. Jake Trbojevic
22. Ligi Sao
23. Michael Chee-Kam

Maybe just me mate, but I think our forward core has become much bigger and more dynamic, where the Jason King, Anthony Watmough types were more the tuck the ball under their arms just run types (which were also great in their own rights and times).

I think we'll see much more second phase play this season. I think the bench I listed might be tweeked, but it's a pack that can inimidate and bend lines.

I also think rather than proven, we now have potential there (totally different mind set), and they'll have a point to prove given their criticism.

I rate our pack now. I think its quality. Very under rated, I think it will surprise, and be invigorated.
I have to agree with you. I am really looking forward to watching them next year. I remember thinking the same thoughts about 2 young halves in 2011 and that didn't turn out too badly at all!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4