Sea Eagle scenario's

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
To finish 3rd
Souths to lose to Newcastle
Manly to win

Souths win by 6
Manly have to win by 30

to finish 4th
Souths win
Manly win by less than 24

to finish 5th
Manly lose
Cowboys Win

Unlikely
to finish 2nd
Storm lose tonight & v Tigers
Souths lose
Manly win

Storm lose tonite & v Tigers
Souths win by 6
Manly win by 30

You missed a couple
to finish 4th
Souths win
Manly win by less than 24 compared to Souths

or

Nth Qld lose

or

Souths, Manly and Nth Qld all lose and Manly lose by less than 24 compared to Souths

Doing my head in AND I am supposed to be organising a finals group for the MWTS!!!!! FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRKKKKKKKKK

Its amazing that we are still a chance (however slight) to finish second still. That would be amazing!

Maybe we should rest the entire 1st grade squad and then we finish 5th.

Advantages -

we play Brisbane/Cantberra or Tigers in Sydney thus limited travel.

we get to rest and refresh

we get a hard game against a low ranked team as a hitout before taking on a softened up top four side. (Probably Souths).

Disadvantage

if we lose we are out. (But I couldn't see that happening, unless the NRL do their usual No Real Leadership thing.)

I was hoping for a Manly V Bulldawgs game in the first round for quite a while, but the closer it gets the more I hope we play Melbourne in Melbourne. Either way, I'm not scared of either fixture.

There should be like NFL a tie-breaker & not for/against to determine places when teams are on equal points.

Manly beat both the Cowboys & Rabbitohs in regular season. But for/against is unfair as not every team plays each other twice.

In the NFL it is decided between the teams based on who has best record against the other team.

In all likelihood we will finish 4th.

It will be an absolutely massive game between Manly and Scumdogs.

One that Manly will win. The Scumdogs are shortening stride to use a racing analogy.

I wouldn't be surprised if they get done again next week.

Bradza said:
You missed a couple
to finish 4th
Souths win

or

Nth Qld lose

or

Souths, Manly and Nth Qld all lose and Manly lose by less than 24 compared to Souths

The Cowboys result is irrelevant in your 2nd scenario.

what about a:

Melbourne lose both
Souths win
Manly win

We play Souths, Melbourne play the Dogs.

I could live with that scenario.
(depending on for and against, Melbourne could even slip to 5th if the Cowboys also won)

So many scenarios 1 week away from the finals.

And SUCH a pain, do I book hotel rooms in Melbourne or not faaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrkkkkkk this driving me nuts!!!

simon64 said:
In all likelihood we will finish 4th.

It will be an absolutely massive game between Manly and Scumdogs.

One that Manly will win. The Scumdogs are shortening stride to use a racing analogy.

I wouldn't be surprised if they get done again next week.

If we finish 4th, as expected, we'll play Storm in Melbourne. I expect Storm to finish minor premiers ...

Bulldogs won't lose to Easts next week.
Manly to finish 4th and play Dogs week 1.

Clint said:
Bulldogs won't lose to Easts next week.
Manly to finish 4th and play Dogs week 1.
Wanna bet? Roosters are a basket case, they have untold talent and it's their last game of the year. They are not playing to impress Brian Smith, they are playing to impress Sonny Bill Williams. Good luck Dogs, it won't be easy.

eagle-rock08 said:

Advantages -

we get a hard game against a low ranked team as a hitout before taking on a softened up top four side. (Probably Souths).

Disadvantage

if we lose we are out. (But I couldn't see that happening, unless the NRL do their usual No Real Leadership thing.)

Where's the advantage finishing 5th?

Best case scenario of finishing 5-8 is winning first week of the semis, which places you in the same place as the losers of the 1-4 games. Downside of 5-8 is potential immediate eliminition, and upside of 1-4 is a week off and jumping straight to the GF qualifier.

I'm more worried about souths than any other side. We beat them easily 2 weeks ago but they didn't have Inglis. He was outstanding yesterday and gives them a lot more both in attack and confidence. I have a feeling the dogs are on the downward slope. Melbourne are a bit of an unknown quantity given their recent poor form, and the fact that apart from their big three the rest of their side is average. They're always hard in Melbourne though. For that reason I'd prefer to take on the flea beagles in week one.

Rex said:
eagle-rock08 said:

Advantages -

Disadvantage

Where's the advantage finishing 5th?

Best case scenario of finishing 5-8 is winning first week of the semis, which places you in the same place as the losers of the 1-4 games. Downside of 5-8 is potential immediate eliminition, and upside of 1-4 is a week off and jumping straight to the GF qualifier.

agreed Rex. We must finish top 4 imo.
No one has won from 5th since '98 under the AFL system.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2