Sea Eagles 3-2-1s v Rabbits

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
3pts - Shane Rodney
2pts - Glenn Stewart
1pt - Tony Williams

Honorable mentions to Ballin and Farrar, 

3 Ballin - Manly greatness beckons.
2 Rodney - if they picked origin on form????
1 Hodkinson - not an 80 performance but those last 4 minutes were pretty good.

Great efforts by Stewart, Farrar, Matai, Williams, Perry, and Foran.

3. Ballin - he is in career best form, has really gone up a level and is giving us more go forward and options. Needs to persist with his kicking though to give us some flexibility in that department, don't think he put boot to ball last night from memory.

2. Rodney - gets the job done every week and his goal kicking won us that game last night. He is a no frills BK clone, consistently pokes his head through the line and never stops driving.

1. Gift - forced into more ball play work last night once Jamie got injured, but was far more selective and took better options than in previous weeks. Looked more fired up last night than in previous weeks too.

Thought Farrar was good apart from that one dropped bomb in the in-goal, in fairness it did come down with snow on it. T-Rex did some good stuff but still seems to struggle to put together a dominant 80 minutes. Matai tried hard despite his injury. George was good and bad but I like the impact he can provide.

3 - Ballin - He should be our stand-in captain when Lyon is off

2 - Rodney - Plenty of go forward and his kicking...100% what can you say. really enjoy what we are getting from him

1 - Stewart - There were a few players that played well and deserved points bu gifty was doing a lot of work out on the right hand side in attack and defense

I wonder if Darren and Liueli of Brookvale have changed there opinion of Rodney yet after their negative posts regarding him earlier this season.

Darren link said:
Rodney is a plodder and goes to ground all the time with the ball, I remember  Beaver as  asecond rower, running wide, no wonder we are in a mess, Rodney, yes tackles well but no attack

Liueli of Brookvale link said:
Chris Bailey, Tony Williams and Shane Rodney are a bigger waste of money! Seu Seu hasn't had that much time to prove himself. Give him a chance..

Liueli of Brookvale link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=182748.msg255951#msg255951 date=1269160199]

you are kidding if you think Rodney is a waste of money, you are either stirring or know nothing about footy. He had fair impact in the first round and on the radio (I was driving and they only played the first half) Rodney and Cross seemed to be giving us a lot of go forward

Just something about him. I just don't rate him.. That's all.
[/quote]

To me he has been one of our best and most consistent players all season so far and was last year as well until he was injured.

Rodney was never bad but gee he has come on well, never deserved being called a plodder.  One of our best buys in years imo.  The backrow cant be all star players like Stewart and Choc.  Need to someone to get in and do the hard work, Rodney provides that and he can also attack.  He has out performed the other 2 backrowers this season. 

He was in the squad but not the 17 on the day.  He got injured about 6 weeks out and never got back into the team. 

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2