Sea Eagles at Careers Fair - 3pm Wednesday, Brookie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
SEA EAGLE AND STUDENT AT CAREERS FAIR

THE Manly Sea Eagles have thrown open the doors on a careers fair that will bring university, trade and defence force representatives to Brookvale Oval tomorrow.

Career coach Judy Fitzgerald, Jason King and welfare and education manager Luke Williamson.

Prop Jason King, who is a law student at Macquarie University, said the afternoon was a great opportunity for young people contemplating their future.

He has studied his double degree part time since he left school and said most league players were planning for their next career.

“Unfortunately you can’t play rugby league until you’re 65, so there’s a large part of your life still left to be occupied,” he said.

King will join Jesse SeneLefao, Brenton Lawrence, Tom Symonds, Matt Ballin, Jake Trbojevic and under-20 players Jackson Kelly, Hugh Pratt, Luke Gosling and Evan Lee at the fair.

They will all be available to take questions about their studies and talk about career choices.

Gates open at 3pm and the fair is held in the Chairman and Community lounges, with the best entry the Ken Arthursen Gates.

Plumbers, builders, and other tradesmen will be on hand to talk traineeships and apprenticeships. There will be also advisers from the defence forces and TAFE, as well as representatives from six universities, who will to discuss courses and career options.

Organised by Sea Eagles’ career coach Judy Fitzgerald, the afternoon is free and open to all.

“We’re looking for people who otherwise might not be enticed to come to something like this,” she said.

“It’s for people if they have an interest in football and are thinking about a trade or study.”

I hope the organisers read the description of Brookvale Oval from Todd Nobody of the Boncos and will have demonstrations from plumbers on how to overcome sh*tholes.

This is all we need...

Players following in Kingdog's footsteps, and having the know-how to negotiate their contracts even better!

Or, learn a trade and make a motza post-footy on Nein's The Block as well.

Go for it kiddies; your future starts at Manly!

Maybe John Cartwright will be attendance he should bring Sticky with him because I reckon he will be needing career advice shortly.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6