Sea Eagles back Steve Mataii ready for a clash

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
Sea Eagles back Steve Mataii ready for a clash with Tony 'T-Rex' Williams
by: Jon Geddes From: Manly Daily April 02, 2013

STAR Sea Eagles back Steve Matai is ready to be targeted by his good mate Tony "T-Rex" Williams in Friday's showdown with the Bulldogs at ANZ Stadium.

"I wouldn't be surprised if he played centre this week either just to mark up against me," Matai said yesterday.

"I think he wants to bump me off a few times ... I better prepare these shoulders."

Williams' imposing presence against his old club adds more spice to the clash between the fierce NRL rivals.

And coming up against Williams for the first time means something special for the abrasive three-quarter Matai.

"We just grew to be good mates when he was here," Matai said.

"It wasn't hard with 'Rexxy', he was a pretty chilled bloke."

Williams sent Matai a text following the Sea Eagles' victory over the Tigers, saying it was good and that some of the Manly boys should maybe have a rest this week.

"I might send him a few messages during the week and see how he is travelling, see how his team is going, see what the game plan is," Matai said.

He was one person Williams spoke to about his decision to leave Manly to join Des Hasler at Belmore.

"It was a tough decision for him," Matai said.

"At the end of the day it was a decision made for his family and that is the best way to do it really."

T-Rex is yet to hit his straps at the Bulldogs and Matai says it is only a matter of time. He just hopes it doesn't happen this Friday.

"I've spoken to him a few times, he said he is enjoying the training, he is enjoying the players there," Matai said.

"I think it is hard for him to find his role there at the moment. It's always going to be hard going to a new club.

"You are not quite sure how they run their offence, how their players play.

"It's always going to take a little while to fit in and play some good footy at a new club.

"We all know what he is capable of."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/sea-eagles-back-steve-mataii-ready-for-a-clash-with-tony-t-rex-williams/story-fngr8iii-1226610920940

Just run around trex all night and hit him early before he gets any speed into his run.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4