Sea Eagles Family

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
With all the talk and negativity going on, I wanted to share something with you all.

Mark Bryant, in combination with others like Josh Perry have established that entity that supports retired Manly players (and everything that goes along with that).

Without saying too much, I helped with a very little of it.

Mark Bryant enlisted Matt Ballin, who then got me a fully signed jersey and delivered it to me.

Just want to say guys, there ARE still current and past players who love, respect and appreciate the fans.

Class never dies guys, and our team still has plenty in and around. Ill post a pucture of the jersey in a sec.

Stick with em guys n gals, we'll be back, don't you worry :)

Last edited:
11109430_10205490550157215_6596909074430601012_n.jpg

Looks like we now know the price of Ryan's "loyalty" - 1 signed jersey!!!!!

lol, I'm kidding, relax world!

I've signed up to the golden eagles newsletters and good on 'em for recognising a fan's efforts! :)

HM sent me a poster with sigs on it and working them out is damn hard! It's like the most complicated thing of a footy player is their sig!

8 thumbs up!

edit: Tis actually nice to read something positive....so much b/s from many members on here at the moment it's a drag to read. Yes all hiding under the guise of 'realists' yadda etc and anybody posting any rumour with any tenuous line of thinking (a satellite flew over my place therefore the whole team is being moved to play for our satellite feeder club) garners approx 2 pages of crap nicely wrapped up in the 'why would anyone sign for us' rubbish.

so +1 ryan :)

- a million the rest of you!

Last edited:
What a great cause this is and I love how they are supporting our club and ex players. We are a very fortunate club to have quality people like this helping out.

It's a fantastic initiative started by Boxy & Teddy, and great to see them involve the fans as well.

They had a lunch prior to the last home game in 2014, and invited the fans in afterwards.

Just great stuff all round !!

Max Brown who was our premiership winning winger in 1972 and 1973 is another great Golden eagle and a great person that i had the pleasure to meet recently . Great Manly guys that have the Manly club at heart

Great story...much like the Matai one

It is interesting that the positive stories struggle for comment / interaction but a thread over which players should be "punted" can stretch over a number of pages. I am not sure how that reflects on us fans

Just want to say guys, there ARE still current and past players who love, respect and appreciate the fans.

Class never dies guys, and our team still has plenty in and around. Ill post a pucture of the jersey in a sec.

Stick with em guys n gals, we'll be back, don't you worry :)

This is a very important topic. And at it’s heart is the reason why Manly will ‘be back’. The culture of Manly was not built by Des, BK and the most recent senior playing group - it was maintained/re-generated by them. The glue that sets us apart is the manner in which former players and administrators stay involved with the club and the passion with which they do it along with the passion and involvement of the fans.
As much as I am not a fan of one of the former players with mediterranean background, even he is part of this glue too.
Men like Boxhead & Josh with the Golden Eagles, Chad coaching the SG Ball and Beaver getting involved, are carrying on the tradition. Bob Fulton's appointment formalises the close attachment to Manly that he has never failed to convey in his media roles since he retired from coaching.
A major reason that North Sydney died as a club is because they didn't have enough ex players/adminstrators that cared enough. They had a couple like Florimo and Fairleigh but not many.
Manly have always had a large number that lend their weight through action, skills, support, finance or simply by voice. This tradition/culture continues and despite the seemingly dark clouds, it will see us move past this bump in the road and climb up the next hill to the summit.

This is a very important topic. And at it’s heart is the reason why Manly will ‘be back’. The culture of Manly was not built by Des, BK and the most recent senior playing group - it was maintained/re-generated by them. The glue that sets us apart is the manner in which former players and administrators stay involved with the club and the passion with which they do it along with the passion and involvement of the fans.
As much as I am not a fan of one of the former players with mediterranean background, even he is part of this glue too.
Men like Boxhead & Josh with the Golden Eagles, Chad coaching the SG Ball and Beaver getting involved, are carrying on the tradition. Bob Fulton's appointment formalises the close attachment to Manly that he has never failed to convey in his media roles since he retired from coaching.
A major reason that North Sydney died as a club is because they didn't have enough ex players/adminstrators that cared enough. They had a couple like Florimo and Fairleigh but not many.
Manly have always had a large number that lend their weight through action, skills, support, finance or simply by voice. This tradition/culture continues and despite the seemingly dark clouds, it will see us move past this bump in the road and climb up the next hill to the summit.

Wow, one of the posts of the year so far mate. Well said, sir.

They are mate. I dead set struggle to work out who's who's signature on the jersey. The main one I can tell though :) Jamie Lyon - top left.
Something that nrl players should copy from afl is adding their number. Much easier to tell the signature lol

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6