Sea Eagles forward Marty Taupau is ready to take on Cowboys ‘wrecking ball’ Jason Taumalolo

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
SEA Eagles backrower Marty Taupau describes his mate Jason Taumalolo as a “wrecking ball”.

And he will make the match up personal when the arguably the two most destructive forwards in the NRL confront each other in Saturday nght’s clash between Manly and the Cowboys at Brookvale Oval.

“I guess every individual does it and it is nice to go up against teammates,” Taupau said.

“We played with each other in the Kiwi Tests and everyone compares me and Jason and all that sort of stuff

“But we are two very different individuals.“

The pair have very similar physical attributes- Taupau tips the scales at 112kg and stands 190cm tall while Taumalolo is 113kg and 191cm.

Taupau said the pair are good mates from the time they played together in the Junior Kiwis and now in the senior Kiwi team.

And he knows first hand just what he will be up against when he goes head to head with Taumalolo.

“He is a wrecking ball, he is one scary player and he is a very good one,” Taupau said.

“He does his job very well and is an asset to the Cowboys team.

“He is just explosive and he has so much raw power.”

Those words could equally be used to describe Taupau himself.

The pair are set to be reunited again next week when the New Zealand side to play Australia plays the Kangaroos next Friday is announced on Sunday night.

“Jason will be in there, he’s a player that you can’t not have in the team,” Taupau said.

“For me it’s just fingers crossed and see where we go with that.

“I haven’t heard from Steve (Kearney, New Zealand coach) but they say no news is good news, right?

“I’ll just play my football and if I get selected I get selected, if not I’ll just have the weekend off.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...o/news-story/7e517ec26c4fd1ae3b81bc739b6902ef

At this stage in their careers Taumololo has more footwork and consistency than Marty. Should be good to watch.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2