Sea Eagles home needs a upgrade, says Abbott, who said he’s working with State following stadium snu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
FORMER Prime Minister Tony Abbott said he’s working with the State Government to secure more money for a revamp of Brookvale Oval.

The MP and number one Sea Eagles ticket holder, said Warringah Council-owned Brookvale “needs an upgrade” after confirmation from NSW Sports Minister, Stuart Ayres that suburban grounds won’t be handed a slice of $1.6 billion.

The Manly Sea Eagles and the Cronulla Sharks at Brookvale Oval. Picture: Mark Kolbe.
Ayres has now rubber stamped the deal which will see the cash go to rebuild Sydney Olympic Park and Moore Park stadiums, as well as Parramatta Stadium.

Mr Abbott said $10 million already put on the table by the Federal Government was still on offer. Yesterday, his office said: “Brookvale Oval needs an upgrade. The northern beaches deserves a great sporting ground.

“The Manly Sea Eagles are finalising their plans for an upgrade and Mr Abbott is working with the Club and Mike Baird to secure support from the NSW Government.”

The Sea Eagles have outlined plans for an ambitions revamp of their home, including two high rise towers, which would cost up to $30 million.

Warringah Council has also been working on a Brookvale masterplan for the whole suburb.

And Warringah Mayor, Michael Regan, said if one northern beaches council is formed by the amalgamation Manly, Pittwater and Warringah, the new mega council could possibly get a less ambitions redevelopment of Brookvale off the ground, along with $10 million federal cash.

Tony Abbott said he’s working with the State Government on upgrade plans.
NSW Sports Minister Stuart Ayres said: “Brookvale Oval is owned, operated and the responsibility of Warringah Council.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...b/news-story/57c792fb1f3d1ca0e13f863bd2606b0f

To state the obvious

1. There must be an election coming up
2. Where was any of this when he was PM? Why is it that liberal leaders are only concerned about the ground when they are in opposition / out of power?

And why are we, the suckers on the northern beaches, willing to lap this BS up

images.jpg

I'd like to fly to the moon on the back of a giant tortoise but that won't happen, much like this won't.

• 🤝
Reactions: lsz
Club should make a statement and take away his number one ticket holder status. Do it very publicly through the media and make it known we will no longer suffer being used as a political football by patronising politicians.

Shout me down if you like but I have always enjoyed Rat Park ... Why not turn that into a northern beaches megaplex???

Shout me down if you like but I have always enjoyed Rat Park ... Why not turn that into a northern beaches megaplex???
That's my preference, buy it and sink 60 mill or more into it.
The leftist liberal snobs around brookvale can have their dog walking park, without the noise,increased traffic and eyesore grandstands.

To state the obvious

2. Where was any of this when he was PM? Why is it that liberal leaders are only concerned about the ground when they are in opposition / out of power?

And they have been lapping up his BS for 22 years. Abbott has not delivered a single positive thing for his electorate of Waringah in the entire 22 years he has been parking his dumb ass in the seat.

The man hates Rugby League. I will never understand why the Sea Eagles gave this muppet the number one ticket.

I would love to see hundreds of people holding up signs at every home game this seasom that say "No Stadium for Brookvale = No Votes for Abbot & Baird"

To state the obvious

Its because the population of the beaches are small compared to the rest of sydney so they pork barrell where they get the most votes. Hence Parramatta gets a 300mil rebuild when homebush is 6km away. But a low population that is a different demographic to Parramatta is what makes the beaches amazing. The greatest stadium in the world still wont change the fact that Parramatta is a toilet.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4