Sea Eagles need volunteers Sat 11th Dec

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

vidmar

Bencher
From the club website:

Call out for Volunteers!
Our massive membership packing day is just around the corner! We are looking for Sea Eagles members and fans with a bit of spare time to help us on Saturday 11th December.

If you think you can help us out please contact Samantha on (02) 9970 3000 by 5pm on Friday the 3rd of December to confirm when and what time you will be able to come into our head office located at the Academy of Sport in Narrabeen.

Your help would be greatly appreciated and it’s a great chance to meet other Sea Eagles members and fans.

WE NEED YOU

-----------------------------------------------------------
I've been a regular on this for a few years and it is a lot of fun so if you are free and want to give a hand call Sam at the number above?

And then you can do special things like include drawings inside for people you know, I had a special treat last year when I opened my members pack to find a special hello from Vids Kids inside, made my day!!

Seriously it's a great help to the club, who lack the man power to do all of this and get them out in a timely manner, so any help (even if just for a few hours) will be appreciated I am sure.

Vid, only just read this message. But if its not too late i can come down to help out if volunteers are still needed?
Have to check but think Kim would be keen to do it as well like last year.
Let me know

Thanks TB - best to call the club on Monday on the number listed.

From what I understand they could do with some help during the week but especially on Saturday 11th Dec - call and let Sam know if/when you are available is the best thing to do so they know how many there will be - All welcome

p.s if im going volunteer my time for the sea eagles it will be to help fix brookie oval.. i`d gladly make my way up there to assist in that

Post  automatically merged: [time]1291453882[/time]

i can see i be smited on that comment.. well wooo peee fukn dooo...  i cant see why the locals cant assist in that i`d go up there for a much worthier cause & volunteer turfing brookie  for a couple months on weekends..  not pack membership packs ..locals could do that  for a couple of hours .. it would take me 3 hrs to get up there with public transport ..  if im going to volunteer my time to the seas eagles (which i would gladly do)  it has to be for a better reason than that..

Yea was pretty funny opeing my membership pack last year, also was ery funny when i heard that later in the day there was another person with my name and then they got a bit worried about what was written in mine lol

ManlyBacker link said:
You should have seen what I was going to put in to Ryan's package! Fortunately I thought better of it :)

Hopefully it was a bottle of the gorgeous red you brought around to mine that time ! FMD, I still have wet dreams about that one !!

ManlyBacker link said:
You should have seen what I was going to put in to Ryan's package! Fortunately I thought better of it :)
Are you suggesting Ryan needs something more in his package?

Almost as bad as the Foxtel add that lets you know you can adjust your package every month!!!!

I thought Ryan had a bigger "package" than the rest of us??...Ryan if you have wet dreams about Red wine you need to come to my place....I have a wine fridge (set at a constant 16 degrees) and it curently has about 200 bottles in it....Grange's, Hill of Grace's and lots of others I have picked up in 20 years of collecting.I like a little Hunter winery called "Lakes Folly", I have a couple from there for each of the last 12 years.And no they are NOT for sale.

MB...I say lots of the real top shelf ones and that is correct BUT nothing from recent years, $500 a bottle is way way over the top. I was lucky enough to pick up a stack of Granges and HOG's in the 80's and 90's for about $80-$90 a bottle.....I haven't bought one in the last 5 or 6 years and probably won't again at current prices.

Mark, no one should have 200 bottles sitting around not being consumed.
That's what bottle shops are for :)
Let me know when you need help 'disposing' of them.
Cheers.

A free bottle of wine form Mark with every new membership.  Should be good for at least 200 new members.

They are for "collecting" and drinking on special occasions...and you buggers can all dream about a wine tasting evening at my house, because it aint happening any time soon!!

And yes Tookey I am sure a free bottle of my 1978 Grange (worth about $2500 I am told), or an 84 (at least $1000), or one of my 87/88/89/91/93 and 98's would add memberships if given away!!

You always said your private super scheme was well set up Mark. I just didn't realise how well set up it is!
As an after thought I am going to call it the Greens Super Scheme as you have it climate controlled. :p

I do drink them on very special occasions...I am targeting the 98 Grange which I read is the best ever made for my 60th in a few years time, but the rest if them are mostly there for investment purposes.

The wine, and the 1930 Australian Penny my Grandfather left me should set me up with a very nice caravan for when I become a gray nomad.

Seriously, two things that haven't been affected by the GFC (value wise) is my wine collection and my penny....I actually have a lot of pennies (my grandfather left his entire collection to me when he passed away in the 70's) and I am sure there's others in there that are extra valuable BUT the 30 Penny I beleive is worth about 35K at present.

Let me tell you the move I made from Moree to Brisbane in 2005 was a breeze except for one thing...how do you move 100 bottles of valuable old wine without disturbing them very much....pack them individually in towells,  stack them in the back seat of your car and tie them down VERY carefully.

By the way I of course enjoy a red, and drink lots of it, but the Granges and Hill of Graces are purely for investment....except for one in a coupe of years.

Hey Vid.
I called the club and left a message with Samantha. Could also possibly help out during the week if needed as well. Kim is also Kim do help out.
Will speak to Samantha when she calls me back or I'll call again tommorrow.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1291612080[/time]

All good, just got a call back

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4