Sea eagles no longer screaming

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Looks like the $48 dollars membership sign up to post has scared a lot of people of that forum as not much commotion is happening, this time last year there would have been mayhem on that site.Thank god for the silvertails.

This is nothing to smirk over - if we dont get a membership base that can support the club financially we wont be able to compete on and off the field over the coming years.  All you tight arses who love the Sea Eagles enough to post on an internet site should put your hand in your pocket and support your club and become a member!

The membership doesn't offer enough for interstate supporters. I have said my piece time and time again on this and if anyone here has ever been to a Bronocs v Eagles game at Suncorp you will see they are missing out on a big market. There are thousands of eagles fans up here.

Anyhow, it like the old brick wall garbage.

Might i also add what a stark contrast this opinion is in comprison with years passed.

What ever happened too the true supports tag? Appears silvertails is now the saviour for some.

Good to see.

Flip link said:
The membership doesn't offer enough for interstate supporters.

I am F**king sick of this sort of attitude. It is not meant to offer anything other than being a part of a club that you support. I don't live interstate and as best as I can guess the only thing that I get is a cap.

How many stories do you want to read that Manly and many other  Sydney based clubs are hanging on by a financial thread.

If the club folds you will and others of similar mind will proudly boast that you were part of the downfall.

End of rant.

I have a lot of things to spend my money on pete. If you want too hold the opinion that the club should offer nothing to members and expect a hand out of sorts than fair enough. For me, I would like some return on all my investments.

I am a member for 1 reason only, to do my bit to support my footy club.  I do not expect anything in return.

The return on your investment is the improved performances on the field and survival of the club, thats how I view it anyway.

ie, some people get benefits from the leagues club ect or anual meetings ect. Thats not an option for interstate members. So, make some changes and you'd find people more willing to part with their money.

Garts link said:
The return on your investment is the improved performances on the field and survival of the club, thats how I view it anyway.

Not everyone thinks like that Garts. A small profit with benefits for members is better than no profit cause you offer nothing. Thats not to say people are right or wrong to just give money and be happy with a teams performance or giving money and expecting to get something because they live 1000km from where most of the clubs membership benefits happen.

I spend 100's of dollars in years passed to at least get down for a few games. I really don't want to be spending any more just to see the team perform.

For the record what would you want for your $50 to become a member. You can always cast your vote via proxy, so that argument is invalid.

Personalised 2008 Season Membership ID card
Exclusive 2008 Screaming Eagles Members Cap
2008 Members Sticker – New
Weekly e-Newsletter
Access to post on the Sea Eagles Website forum
Access to exclusive ‘Members’ Only’ website section, containing exclusive information and offers
10% Discount off all Merchandise
-Exclusive access to Members only Special Sponsor Offers

-Exclusive Members only areas at post-match functions6
-Exclusive access to Members only Events and Functions6
2 Free one hour Maths or English tuition lessons
at NumberWorks’nWords Brookvale for the
card holder or family member, valid until 30th
September 2008, valued at over $70.10

For me, the access to post match funtions and special members events would be worth the $50 alone. I'd love nothing more than being involved in events that the club holds. However, that really isn't an option. So, cut the price a little and the above benefits would do. Maybe with a inside word from Des Hasler or something to compensate losing the clubs functions ect.

Garts link said:
I am a member for 1 reason only, to do my bit to support my footy club.  I do not expect anything in return.

Agree wholeheartedly. Didn't really think about membership etc prior to the Northern Eagles debacle, but that near death experience woke me up quick smart. I've been a member ever since we came back in our own right and I expect nothing in return. I'm a Football Club member and a Screaming Eagle member, and I haven't made a post at MSE for 2 seasons or more so I really don't care about the pay to post argument.

I don't understand the "what do I get for my investment" mentality. You get to help the club you support stay viable. Imagine if Max Delmege had adopted that attitude. TBH I'd pay twice what we pay now for the privilege of watching Manly compete. Let's face it $50 is about 1/2 a night on the grog, or 4 packs of ciggies, a dinner for two or half a tank of petrol. Don't go out one night, give up smoking, cook at home or walk down to the shops or the pub or your mates place. Not a true supporter otherwise ;)

Flip link said:
The membership doesn't offer enough for interstate supporters. I have said my piece time and time again on this and if anyone here has ever been to a Bronocs v Eagles game at Suncorp you will see they are missing out on a big market. There are thousands of eagles fans up here.

Anyhow, it like the old brick wall garbage.
that comment is ill informed flip

The members only function at Hotel LA alone would have been worth $25 easily with wat was on offer not to mention the direct chance to ask questions to the CEO, the part owner and a member of the footy club board.

To the starter of this thread you need to have a good hard look at your attitude.

its the year 2008 and footy clubs a battling to survive we already lost our club once, if your too tight to part with $48 for the enjoyment u get watching this club of ours u have massive problems.

As for the mentallty people not paying to post at MSE will improve this place thats a joke, this place doesnt need it, imo this place can stand on its own 2 feet based on its content and alternate views.

Some people don't have $50 to just give away because there football club needs it.

I don't really want to use it as an example but for me it almost impossible to just give it away. I have an absolute **** load of doctors bills and medication cost to pay for at the moment. Not everyone is in the same boat that they can just give money for the sake of it. So, should I give what little money I have away, I would at least like to get something for it. Ad to that the half of what is offered is out of my reach anyhow and I don't think its so unreasonable.

Don't hold that as though I care you guys are being generous, I think thats great. I just know that there are probably hundred of people in the same boat as me, who just don't have the money to 'give away'.

That is fine flip and it is a more than valid reason not to give the cash.  However you did start by saying the package did not give you value for money!!!

You argument is so flawed Flip, you say you would join if you had access to functions etc, yet when one is on in your own backyard you don't attend. If you cannot afford to do so then that is OK, but to say you will not join because there is nothing in it for you becomes total bull**** in my view.

So the real reason you will not become a member is...................?

It doesn't give 'me' and in my opinion interstate members as good a value as local manly members.

So, drop the price.

Corso_Pete link said:
You argument is so flawed Flip, you say you would join if you had access to functions etc, yet when one is on in your own backyard you don't attend. If you cannot afford to do so then that is OK, but to say you will not join because there is nothing in it for you becomes total bullS**t in my view.

So the real reason you will not become a member is...................?

On the day of the Broncos game, I was sitting in a hospital bed having $90,000 of Octagam pumped into my viens.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4