Sea Eagles Thoughts

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
I'm sick of all the guessing and here say at present (especially on these boards), so thought I'd raise some different things I have been thinking about lately, and would love your thoughts:-

+ Tony Williams: I have raised this in another thread, but I think it is very important for us to lock up Tony Williams. His versatility is amazing. His ability to add x-factor in the forwards is amazing. We have to remember we'll be losing one of our best, hard-working back rowers in Rodney next year. The kid is still very young, and will only get better as he warms to his role. It should also be noted he named himself a NSW rep player. He'd be the perfect player to bring off the bench in a NSW jersey.

+ Darcy Lussick: I was thinking to myself last night,l Darcy has all the tools to be another representative forward. In fact, he somewhat reminded me of Tom Learoyd-Lars, without the aggression. I also thought that if he added that (controlled) element to his game, he'd be a world beater - and he "somewhat" showed glimpses of that last night. Locking this guy, along with T-Rex up for extended periods gives us two very young quality forwards in our ranks.

+ David Perry: I have to be honest here, and I apologise, but I personally think he has underwhelmed me so far, since he has been at the helm. Ok, he locked up Galuvao for two years, but apart from that - nothing that I have seen. He seems to have brought absolutely nothing new, or different to the table. Hopefully, a lot of these negotiations and new sponsor prospects are being done behind the scenes, because I'm worried we have another Mr Invisible, who will start placing membership brochures on his own car at Narrabeen.

+ George Rose: The bloke has gone to another level, and is one of our starting props at present. It concerns me that he is releasing statements in articles about the prospect of playing for another club. Another player we should be looking at locking up for 2-3 years. He adds a factor off the bench where he bends the defensive lines back.

+ Jamie Buhrer: Hopefully, Des will be forced to give Jamie more game time. I have said this before, but he has elements of G Stewart about him. If Stewart is suspended, I hope Des gives Buhrer more room to be a ball player on our right hand side. We need to remember Jamie was a Hooker through the juniors, and has a great pass, both sides of the ruck. One thing though, is that I hope his defense improves a bit.

+ David Williams: Honestly here, when he is on the field, he and Robertson are by FAR our best wing combination. I feel so bad for the kid. I hope he makes a full recovery, and hits the ground running next season. He adds so much, and is inspirational both on and off the field. I'm very concerned about Hoppa coming back to be honest. The kid (since his last injury) seems a fair few paces behind first grade.

+ Daniel Harrison: Is it just me, and maybe I saw something different, but I thought out of he, Robinson and Mauro, that Harrison had the most impact off the bench. If Lussick is suspended, I"d love to see Harrison to get a run, as he seems to actually want to make a tangible difference, rather than just doing a good job (which Robinson/Mauro seem to do). Robinson for mine (like Hoppa) has dropped off in pace and impact.

+ Lower Grades: Look guys, I personally believe there is something wrong with our lower grade set-up. Crusher has a knack of finding wonderful potential first graders, but our limited budget means we are putting out terrible teams. Personally, our current NYC team is embarrassing the club, and the perceived culture in my opinion. I personally reckon we need to re-ignite our relationship with the SCSE, and let The NSWRL go and get stuffed. We are pouring money into teams that are hopeless. Better to steer that money into something that creates a winning culture. I'd have no problem playing good 16-17 year olds in The QLD CUP. Also, they have junior grades, as well. Let the NRL find another team to fill our gap in NYC.

Thoughts?

Ryan said:
I'm sick of all the guessing and here say at present (especially on these boards), so thought I'd raise some different things I have been thinking about lately, and would love your thoughts:-

+ Tony Williams: I have raised this in another thread, but I think it is very important for us to lock up Tony Williams. His versatility is amazing. His ability to add x-factor in the forwards is amazing. We have to remember we'll be losing one of our best, hard-working back rowers in Rodney next year. The kid is still very young, and will only get better as he warms to his role. It should also be noted he named himself a NSW rep player. He'd be the perfect player to bring off the bench in a NSW jersey.

+ Darcy Lussick: I was thinking to myself last night,l Darcy has all the tools to be another representative forward. In fact, he somewhat reminded me of Tom Learoyd-Lars, without the aggression. I also thought that if he added that (controlled) element to his game, he'd be a world beater - and he "somewhat" showed glimpses of that last night. Locking this guy, along with T-Rex up for extended periods gives us two very young quality forwards in our ranks.

+ David Perry: I have to be honest here, and I apologise, but I personally think he has underwhelmed me so far, since he has been at the helm. Ok, he locked up Galuvao for two years, but apart from that - nothing that I have seen. He seems to have brought absolutely nothing new, or different to the table. Hopefully, a lot of these negotiations and new sponsor prospects are being done behind the scenes, because I'm worried we have another Mr Invisible, who will start placing membership brochures on his own car at Narrabeen.

+ George Rose: The bloke has gone to another level, and is one of our starting props at present. It concerns me that he is releasing statements in articles about the prospect of playing for another club. Another player we should be looking at locking up for 2-3 years. He adds a factor off the bench where he bends the defensive lines back.

+ Jamie Buhrer: Hopefully, Des will be forced to give Jamie more game time. I have said this before, but he has elements of G Stewart about him. If Stewart is suspended, I hope Des gives Buhrer more room to be a ball player on our right hand side. We need to remember Jamie was a Hooker through the juniors, and has a great pass, both sides of the ruck. One thing though, is that I hope his defense improves a bit.

+ David Williams: Honestly here, when he is on the field, he and Robertson are by FAR our best wing combination. I feel so bad for the kid. I hope he makes a full recovery, and hits the ground running next season. He adds so much, and is inspirational both on and off the field. I'm very concerned about Hoppa coming back to be honest. The kid (since his last injury) seems a fair few paces behind first grade.

+ Daniel Harrison: Is it just me, and maybe I saw something different, but I thought out of he, Robinson and Mauro, that Harrison had the most impact off the bench. If Lussick is suspended, I"d love to see Harrison to get a run, as he seems to actually want to make a tangible difference, rather than just doing a good job (which Robinson/Mauro seem to do). Robinson for mine (like Hoppa) has dropped off in pace and impact.

+ Lower Grades: Look guys, I personally believe there is something wrong with our lower grade set-up. Crusher has a knack of finding wonderful potential first graders, but our limited budget means we are putting out terrible teams. Personally, our current NYC team is embarrassing the club, and the perceived culture in my opinion. I personally reckon we need to re-ignite our relationship with the SCSE, and let The NSWRL go and get stuffed. We are pouring money into teams that are hopeless. Better to steer that money into something that creates a winning culture. I'd have no problem playing good 16-17 year olds in The QLD CUP. Also, they have junior grades, as well. Let the NRL find another team to fill our gap in NYC.

Thoughts?

In regards to the Toyota Cup, do u reckon that the club was a bit miffed to lose JWH and Tasi that they just thought stuff it, we will just pick the eyes out of other teams and save money?

I think with the loss of Hoppa and the early release of Rodney on a supposedly back ended contract TRex Lussick Rose & Buhrer will all be retained.

Utility Player said:
I think with the loss of Hoppa and the early release of Rodney on a supposedly back ended contract TRex Lussick Rose & Buhrer will all be retained.

That would be awesome mate.

On the lower grades because we don't go over the cap we can't have star filled lower grades like the Dogs and Scum. We don't have the talent pool of NZ or Brisbane.

Ryan said:
+ David Perry: I have to be honest here, and I apologise, but I personally think he has underwhelmed me so far, since he has been at the helm.

Gee what a surprise.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4